Lithium Batteries Less Than Half Price, Fitted Free - small catch (1 Viewer)

James-Alex

Free Member
Oct 3, 2020
Bath. Somerset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail excel 640G
Not researched these much but a bit of a dumb question, can I still use the solar panel and the normal psu still? We only have 1 battery and the solar is 100w. Not really had much time to actually use the new van. Would be keen to hear figures in hours if anyone can advise. I.e currently we get 4maybe and after we would get 8 hrs that sort of comparison.
If it suits would defo be keen to do them a review cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Oh didn't know that ! what has he done wrong?
Cheers
He couldnt sort the BMS out on his first ones and his it kept shutting down his batteries without warning so went back to standard, now hes changed again to Polinovel lithiums instead.
I have a 200ah polinovel bluetooth version just gone in to replace my leads.

Old Rascal

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2013
Nailsea
Funster No
MH
Sunliving V65SL
Exp
Since 2012
I have thrown my name in the hat.
It would be interesting to see how they compare.(y)

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Wouldn't one 100ah lithium have the same battery capacity as two 100ah lead acid?

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I suppose a couple of lithium and would you get away with a 12v fridge rather than a 3 way?

Jun 19, 2014
Wimborne
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral+ 670SL
Exp
No longer a newbie
Filled in the form, and thank you for facilitating the offer, Jim. Bit of a coincidence, yesterday I went to check the MoHo, only to discover some t**t had left the lights on the garage, and not shut the electrics down. Dead battery. That would have been me, back in the summer!

Here's to a better 2021.

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
Hi Jim,
Are the Company mobile fitting the batteries 'wherever' or do people have to travel to have them fitted?
Thanks

davesmiff

Free Member
Aug 27, 2020
Farsley, Leeds
Funster No
MH
Eldds Aautoquest
Exp
since 2006
You might have seen the advert in the magazine for EcoTree Lithium They have approached me this week with an offer that might be good for you if you are thinking of upgrading to Lithium

They want to offer up to 5 Funsters the opportunity to buy one of their £699 batteries for just £300. However, in return, they ask you to review the battery, the installation, etc, and later in the summer when you have used it for a while let them know how it compares to your original setup, etc. so that will be two reviews, good or bad they want you to be honest. You agree to let them use the reviews in their promotional material.

That's a considerable saving but they will also fit the battery free of charge! So this could be a great deal for you. If you are interested then please fill this form.

If there are more than five interested I will draw five winners from a hat. (y)

View attachment 452443

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
i thought you needed a new charger and solar controller for lithium

I wondered about the battery charger, I know my solar controller has a lithium setting. Filled in the form (y), would be a good investment so 🤞
Alb

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
So for an outlay of £1500 an awful lot of free advertising and lots of other potential business generated ....not knocking it ....just a great bit of business by this company if you ask me...

It is cheap advertising. But I only allow people to do this type of thing or run competitions if they are already committed to advertising. So he will be advertising in the magazine for a few months as well.

If Funsters can win something or get something cheap
If the advertiser can increase their sales
If I can get some advertisers in the magazine

It's all good. (y)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Why do people start pulling down a company that is prepared for you, the user to try and see how good they are and write unbiased reports back . They are putting their name on the line. Let’s see what reports we get back before knocking them.

Colyboy

ps I have just bought two at the full price and about to fit them. I will also being reporting on them here.

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
Wow which info has been wrong then?
Thanks
He did not understood Li behaviour and stuck with old lead. He misinterpreted the use of battery monitor and wrongly set it up. That gave him wrong info and was abusing his Lithium’s. Then he blamed the batteries for his mistake with the monitor. Batteries did very well and performed as intended. Instead of going back and start again, see where he might of gone wrong, he put the blame on batteries. Far from the truth. I picked up on his mistakes within minutes of watching his vid. A real gentleman would re evaluate and update where he was going wrong, helping community from his mistakes. Lithium is a great upgrade from Lead and will be with us for a while.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I wondered about the battery charger, I know my solar controller has a lithium setting. Filled in the form (y), would be a good investment so 🤞
Alb
I would be happy enough charging these on a standard lead acid charge profile as the voltages should then be slightly below the recommended LiFePO4 figures but it does them no harm to be held slightly under charged well actually it is better for them, a B2B would be a useful addition as it maximises the charge rate when driving and its more important to be fully charged after being on the road than it would be parked up, likewise LiFePO4 profile in solar would be good as you want maximum battery capacity in case it is dark and overcast the next day.

I have to be honest and say I am no expert so this is just my take on it if I were going down that route.

Garry - June

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Pershore, Worcestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia
Exp
Yes it will, we run compressor 12v fridge and average 50ah per day. That’s 25-30ah for the fridge and the rest is other things. The great bit is we use less lpg, and more sun energy.
So just the expense of installing lithium and a compressor fridge..... to save a bit of LPG... Mmmm :rolleyes: Not knocking Lithium at all....its just the expense is hard to justify for most users.... now if prices continue to drop to ab out half of where they are now i'll be first in the queue...

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Have put my name down, you never know at least we are not currently subject to lockdowns, but would have to do the mandatory quarantine on return should there be no change in the distant future.

Mar 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
AutoCruise Stardream
Exp
Newbie April 2019
Worth a punt, have 2x90ah that are probably on their last legs by now so would be a decent swap and weight saving for our usage. Would fit with a bit of modding

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
I agree our batteries are back to 100% in no time at all and we have a compressor freezer in the garage running off them as well
Hi Zepp, Do I understand that you have fitted these lithium batteries, if so did you need to change anything on the Cartrhago charger unit. Is it a case of a straight swap out of the batteries.

Thanks

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Hi Zepp, Do I understand that you have fitted these lithium batteries, if so did you need to change anything on the Cartrhago charger unit. Is it a case of a straight swap out of the batteries.

Thanks
I never had this make fitted we had transporter lithium batteries fitted

240 charger was ok

We had a B2B charger fitted and a heavy duty battery cable fitted so the alternator puts 80 amps into leisure batteries when we are driving if needed

Also had a victron battery monitor fitted

I’m no expert but a lot depends on the inbuilt management system in the battery

Also think about the placement of your batteries they don’t like minus temperatures I relocated ours into a heated locker

I think the 5 lucky winners are getting a cracking deal

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Just filled the form in Jim

this would be very welcome as i’m just about to splash out on another pair of batteries, mine being 2 years old seem to be dropping off at quite a fast rate despite having 240 Watts of solar on board.

I was thinking of Lithium but the expense was holding me back if i’m honest

Al

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
So just the expense of installing lithium and a compressor fridge..... to save a bit of LPG... Mmmm :rolleyes: Not knocking Lithium at all....its just the expense is hard to justify for most users.... now if prices continue to drop to ab out half of where they are now i'll be first in the queue...
Maybe that applies to you, we certainly did no go through that. We started from 0 a self build PVC, and energy efficiency was priority no one from the start. A absorption fridge takes 5 to 7 times more energy to cool compared to a compressor. Also lpg in the wild can run out, the sun not so much. It suits us.

Jan 9, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 803F
Exp
Since 2006
I’m currently needing a new leisure battery so have filled out the form.
Thanks for this opportunity, Jim.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back