Lithium batteries and Battery Master? (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Have decided to get a lithium battery. Currently, the vehicle battery gets charged when on ECU or using solar by the Battery Master I fitted.
Now the proposed lithium set up is as follows:
1 x <Broken link removed>
1 x <Broken link removed> This not only provides a display showing the battery State of Charge, with the Peugeot chassis it also acts as a Battery to Battery charger of around 45 Amps.
1 x Votronic MPP Solar Regulator to ensure the solar charges correctly for the Lithium curve.
Am I correct in thinking that the 3Link, acting as a B2B charger, will render the Battery Master obsolete and the vehicle battery will be kept topped up by the lithium battery?

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
No, the 3LINK will only charge your lithium leisure battery when your engine is running via the alternator and at the same time the alternator will charge your cab battery, so you will still need your Battery Master to keep your cab battery topped up from your leisure battery when the engine is not running.

Mar 25, 2021
Chippenham, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 610 Welcome
Exp
Ex Tugger saw the light in 2019
Well that isn't strictly true, I have what Ingwe is proposing to fit in my MH. Never been on EHU during all Lockdown or through the winter, Hab battery 13.7v and the minimum the Cab battery went to was 12.4v as displayed on my Phantom App. When I go to check on the van and check the the 3 link display there is a charge voltage going to the cab battery of 13.7v. I was worried about the full hab battery over winter but took advice from the installers who said not to worry. I may fit an isolator switch in the solar feed. I have my tin hat and Kevlar undies on because I'm sure I have ruffled some feathers;):LOL:. I have just check the app and 2 days ago was up at 13.6v and has now settled at 12.7v and I don't have a Battery Master. When I turn the fridge on 240v to get cold, prior to a trip, my battery charger doesn't put charge into my Cab battery and will only put a charge if the hab battery is below 80%. 300w of solar is doing all the work. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
As you are fitting a Votronic solar regulator you could use the starter battery out put on that it charges the starter battery at 1 amp.

OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Thank you all for the informative and helpful replies. As the van is ordinarily stored in a large garage where the solar panel is useless and the van is on EHU (with a timer) I’ll rely on the Battery Master to keep the cab battery charged.
I wasn’t clear on the interrelationships of the BM with all the new gear to be fitted.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back