Lite bike lock in production- may be of interest (3 Viewers)

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Paypal is not the best for claiming after a period of time for non delivery from what I can see, far better off with a standard CREDIT CARD as I dont think there is a time limit for non delivery or faulty

Peter

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Paypal is not the best for claiming after a period of time for non delivery from what I can see, far better off with a standard CREDIT CARD as I dont think there is a time limit for non delivery or faulty
Have experience of claiming through both Paypal & credit card company & as a buyer prefer Paypal every time unless a really major purchase like a car. If item not received or no response from seller Paypal refund through a simple process but with credit card company the onus is on the buyer to prove that they have not received it & only protected over £100 so really only worth the hassle for white goods, car etc not smaller purchases. Also using Paypal means the seller doesn't have access to our credit card details which having had fraud attempts on our card I prefer & 180 days seems a long enough period to be covered for non-delivery in most cases.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If you do your homework on the director Neil Anthony Barron, 6 directorships at 6 different companies most of which are dissolved now. The other director would appear to live in Australia.

Don't think I will be sending him my money.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

fleurette

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I640 SD
Exp
Update !!!!! Have just finished a phone call with Zeal Innovations and didn't quite manage to speak to Neil but had a pleasant enough conversation with a lady called Rachel and she seems up to speed with the situation and informed me that a new machine they were waiting to take delivery of has now been installed in the factory so all outstanding orders should be fulfilled by the end of April. I just hope that Martins research above doesn't turn out to be correct else paypal will be doing a lot of refunding.

Nigel

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
If you do your homework on the director Neil Anthony Barron, 6 directorships at 6 different companies most of which are dissolved now. The other director would appear to live in Australia.

Don't think I will be sending him my money.

Martin

Wise decision by the sounds of it, same here, I'll wait until there's been a few hundred delivered.
Not prepared to fund a conmans lavish lifestyle.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Update !!!!! Have just finished a phone call with Zeal Innovations and didn't quite manage to speak to Neil but had a pleasant enough conversation with a lady called Rachel and she seems up to speed with the situation and informed me that a new machine they were waiting to take delivery of has now been installed in the factory so all outstanding orders should be fulfilled by the end of April. I just hope that Martins research above doesn't turn out to be correct else paypal will be doing a lot of refunding.

Nigel
Nigel I want you to be totally honest now ...,
Do you really believe that we will receive our orders by the end of the month - or is Rachel, that naughty little minx just stringing us along.

fleurette

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I640 SD
Exp
Well Richard, I told her that i was going abroad and leaving home on the 15th April and the main reason for the purchase was because i'd had my bike stolen last year so she actually told me that she would try really hard to get it to me by then, but I know that pigs do fly so we'll just have to wait and see. Not sure if she's a minx though Richard (y)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Ahh food
Now you're talking

Our next culinary adventure starts on Friday !

We're heading off in search of some of finest food and wine in the world

Watch this space !

I was going to be taking my bike with me - but it's been nicked
Yay!! A foodie blog again please?! Were you serious about your bike ? Or jesting Robert?!!

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Yay!! A foodie blog again please?! Were you serious about your bike ? Or jesting Robert?!!
I was only jesting about the bike
Not sure about another blog - people must be fed up of seeing me and MrsC stuffing our ugly fat faces

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I was only jesting about the bike
Not sure about another blog - people must be fed up of seeing me and MrsC stuffing our ugly fat faces
Good I'm glad about the bike! It's new isn't it?? (y)How can we be bored with useful tips on where to stay , lovely photos , delicious food and happy smiley people!!:)is it France or Italy you are travelling too? I need your blogs to cheer me up on hospital visits with my mum.:(

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Good I'm glad about the bike! It's new isn't it?? (y)How can we be bored with useful tips on where to stay , lovely photos , delicious food and happy smiley people!!:)is it France or Italy you are travelling too? I need your blogs to cheer me up on hospital visits with my mum.:(
Sorry to hear your mums in hospital Anthea, that must be very very stressful for you.

We're off to enjoy the food, wine and wonderful scenery of Tuscany. We've already visited the 'famous' places, so this time we're hoping to find some of the smaller and quieter towns.

As with our trip to Portugal we've only got 3 weeks, so we won't have a day to waste.

We head across the channel on Friday afternoon and plan to arrive in Italy on Monday

Will certainly post some pics.

Please pass on Lis and my best wishes to Mum

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Sorry to hear your mums in hospital Anthea, that must be very very stressful for you.

We're off to enjoy the food, wine and wonderful scenery of Tuscany. We've already visited the 'famous' places, so this time we're hoping to find some of the smaller and quieter towns.

As with our trip to Portugal we've only got 3 weeks, so we won't have a day to waste.

We head across the channel on Friday afternoon and plan to arrive in Italy on Monday

Will certainly post some pics.

Please pass on Lis and my best wishes to Mum
Thanks for your thoughts mum is having 7 weeks of daily radiotherapy so it is a continuous appointment attending. She will get a lot worse before better so expecting a long hall. As she has always been a very independent person it is very hard for her to rely on people even her family.

Tuscany looks a beautiful place and definitely a food heaven ,have a lovely time.

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
Recieved this update today

Hello Litelokers,

As you know we’ve started shipping but fulfilment has been slower than planned for a number of reasons, which we’ve now addressed.

Please be aware that your Liteloks are effectively handcrafted and hand-assembled. This means that they aren’t arriving to us in containers from overseas as finished products we can quickly pack and send. The component parts are assembled in the UK in a production line that has 30 different operations, each of which is rigorously quality controlled. Unfortunately there were a couple of unforeseen bottlenecks that we’ve now fixed by bringing in extra machinery and more bespoke tooling. We are now up to anticipated production outputs and so should have all orders despatched in the next 3-5 weeks.

Regarding the shipping process, the information goes from us to the fulfilment company and is organised depending on what they receive from our assembly line each day. The following day shipments are picked and packed and then dispatched via the relevant couriers depending on location. This can take anywhere from 2 to 10 days. It also means that we cannot predict exact dates for your deliveries but you can follow progress with your tracking number (which is also accompanied by a PDF of your Litelok instructions) which you will receive when your Litelok is about to ship.

Inevitably there will be some fulfilment issues, but please be assured that if any problems occur during shipping, they are treated urgently. We do our best to respond within 24 hours, as we have tried to do throughout the campaign.

Finally I just want to thank you once again for your patience and support. We are proud of Litelok and we think you will be too. We have already started receiving some positive reviews (eg http://bit.ly/1Mrvuup) and are confident that the wait will be worth it.

Thanks and best wishes, Neil and the Litelok® team

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Recieved this update today

Hello Litelokers,

As you know we’ve started shipping but fulfilment has been slower than planned for a number of reasons, which we’ve now addressed.

Please be aware that your Liteloks are effectively handcrafted and hand-assembled. This means that they aren’t arriving to us in containers from overseas as finished products we can quickly pack and send. The component parts are assembled in the UK in a production line that has 30 different operations, each of which is rigorously quality controlled. Unfortunately there were a couple of unforeseen bottlenecks that we’ve now fixed by bringing in extra machinery and more bespoke tooling. We are now up to anticipated production outputs and so should have all orders despatched in the next 3-5 weeks.

Regarding the shipping process, the information goes from us to the fulfilment company and is organised depending on what they receive from our assembly line each day. The following day shipments are picked and packed and then dispatched via the relevant couriers depending on location. This can take anywhere from 2 to 10 days. It also means that we cannot predict exact dates for your deliveries but you can follow progress with your tracking number (which is also accompanied by a PDF of your Litelok instructions) which you will receive when your Litelok is about to ship.

Inevitably there will be some fulfilment issues, but please be assured that if any problems occur during shipping, they are treated urgently. We do our best to respond within 24 hours, as we have tried to do throughout the campaign.

Finally I just want to thank you once again for your patience and support. We are proud of Litelok and we think you will be too. We have already started receiving some positive reviews (eg http://bit.ly/1Mrvuup) and are confident that the wait will be worth it.

Thanks and best wishes, Neil and the Litelok® team
Haha meanwhile bikes are being knicked while we wait!!

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Another 3-5 weeks ??!!??!!

The first batch was promised for delivery to investors in August 2015

And they are still taking payments on their website for delivery this month

Me smells a rat !

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Well Richard, I told her that i was going abroad and leaving home on the 15th April and the main reason for the purchase was because i'd had my bike stolen last year so she actually told me that she would try really hard to get it to me by then, but I know that pigs do fly so we'll just have to wait and see. Not sure if she's a minx though Richard (y)
Did Rachel manage to get your order shipped in time for your trip?

fleurette

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I640 SD
Exp
No, didn't happen,so not a happy bunny , but I've learnt that life sucks . Hope your both enjoyong your break, we're stuck in a boggy field at the Peterborough show.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Just watched the test video.. not impressed..

Bolt croppers are designed to, surprise surprise.. cut bolts.. they don't have a sharp edge for cutting material, rope etc ..
The hacksaw test looked half hearted.. and even half hearted it was making inroads ..
The angle grinder test.. .why was it conducted outside in low light.. it was impossible to see what was happening.. plenty of sparks mean plenty of material was being destroyed.

Before committing to buy I would want to see it tested by an independent organisation.. like Solid Secure http://www.soldsecure.com owned by the master locksmith association..
The vast majority of bike locks are rated on the independent ‘Sold Secure’ scale – and given either a Bronze, Gold or Silver level of approval. Bronze is the most breakable, and Gold the least.

I may be wrong.. but as far as I can see it hasn't been tested or given a rating by them .. or any other independent tester

Edited to reflect incorrect information..

Last edited:

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Just watched the test video.. not impressed..

Bolt croppers are designed to, surprise surprise.. cut bolts.. they don't have a sharp edge for cutting material, rope etc ..
The hacksaw test looked half hearted.. and even half hearted it was making inroads ..
The angle grinder test.. .why was it conducted outside in low light.. it was impossible to see what was happening.. plenty of sparks mean plenty of material was being destroyed.

Before committing to buy I would want to see it tested by an independent organisation.. like Solid Secure http://www.soldsecure.com owned by the master locksmith association..
The vast majority of bike locks are rated on the independent ‘Sold Secure’ scale – and given either a Bronze, Gold or Silver level of approval. Bronze is the most breakable, and Gold the least.

I may be wrong.. but as far as I can see it hasn't been tested or given a rating by them .. or any other independent tester
It's got Gold according to their website.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Please be aware that your Liteloks are effectively handcrafted and hand-assembled. This means that they aren’t arriving to us in containers from overseas as finished products we can quickly pack and send. The component parts are assembled in the UK in a production line that has 30 different operations, in our garden shed.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
any news ?
I gave up on 1st May and applied for a refund via Pay Pal - it appears on Kickstarter that some of the investors have started getting their Liteloks, but many are still waiting - what hope for us paying customers?
Some of the investors who have received their locks are also complaining about quality issues
Like I said, before being shot down by @Minxy Girl - these guys are total amateurs
I stand by that belief

Edit - I just looked on their website and they are now taking payments and orders for delivery in April (last month) :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Like I said, before being shot down by @Minxy Girl - these guys are total amateurs
I stand by that belief
I think you are over-egging it by saying that I 'shot you down', I just disagreed with the way you were having a go at them ... however I can certainly oblige if you so wish! :sneaky:

Lara-Croft-tomb-raider-2833243-1680-1050.jpg

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Of course they're amateurs. It's a brand new start up. They're learning as they go along. I wouldn't be surprised if they're also holding down full time jobs as well to pay the bills while they get this going.

If anyone doesn't understand what's involved in a start up then it would be better not to order from such a company.

Expecting Amazon levels of service and delivery times and then complaining when you don't get it is unfair on the people who have had the guts to have a go with their idea. I'd like to say something else but rule 1 prevents me.

I spoke to them last week and have an approximate delivery date for my order. I'm quite happy with that.

They have also repeatedly apologised for the delays and offered, quite unprompted, to cancel the order and issue a full refund if I didn't want to wait. That's an example of good customer service.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Of course they're amateurs. It's a brand new start up. They're learning as they go along. I wouldn't be surprised if they're also holding down full time jobs as well to pay the bills .

Hmmmm....... That't not what they told their investors Nick

Taken from Kickstarter
"Neil Barron, an industrial designer and entrepreneur with a background in Aeronautics and Astronautics and over 25 years of experience running my own design and innovation company."

Not exactly cash strapped students living in a bed sit and making the Liteloks in their spare bedroom

I'm not against startups, having set up businesses myself
I am however against lies and bullsh*t
These amateurs have been stringing their investors along for almost a year now - with broken delivery dates, why should their promises to you be any different?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back