Lite bike lock in production- may be of interest (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 454 HiStyle
Exp
2 years back in 2009/10; resuming in 2016.
I sent an email last night, as I am interested myself. I had a prompt reply this morning saying that shipping had started and that if I order now, I can expect delivery at the end of March. It would be good to hear on this forum that someone has physically got their hands on one, mind you. I so want this to work because it seems like a brilliant innovation.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
@Robert Clark I think you're being very unfair to them ... this is a new company with new suppliers and it appears they were let down by a supplier ... this can happen in ALL companies and it's not as if they can suddenly source the part elsewhere (as you might be able to with an 'off the shelf' product) - it is in effect a 'bespoke' part for the product. Yes they may have been able to inform those who've pre-ordered a bit sooner than they have but if they've been frantically trying to sort out the issue surely that has to be better than spending a lot of time contacting customers, especially if the delay isn't massive and it was mentioned as a possibility at the time of ordering.

Pre-ordering terms and conditions

By pre-ordering, you agree to pay for the product(s) now but accept delivery at a later date.

If you are not happy simply cancel the order!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I think if you pre-order something which hasn't been made then you have to accept a degree of risk. A slippage of a few weeks on a new product is nothing in my experience and they have done very well if they can deliver only a month late. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
@Robert Clark I think you're being very unfair to them ... this is a new company with new suppliers and it appears they were let down by a supplier ... this can happen in ALL companies and it's not as if they can suddenly source the part elsewhere (as you might be able to with an 'off the shelf' product) - it is in effect a 'bespoke' part for the product. Yes they may have been able to inform those who've pre-ordered a bit sooner than they have but if they've been frantically trying to sort out the issue surely that has to be better than spending a lot of time contacting customers, especially if the delay isn't massive and it was mentioned as a possibility at the time of ordering.

By pre-ordering, you agree to pay for the product(s) now but accept delivery at a later date.

If you are not happy simply cancel the order!
When I placed my order in January, if it had said on their website that delivery was Spring 2016, or Quater 1, or March - May, I would have accepted that and still placed my order.
However they did not, they said February, which I now believe was totally unrealistic even adding 'approximately' - it was never going to happen.
Even today they are quoting March if you order now.

Do you honestly believe that they are going to manufacture ALL the pre orders from 2015, plus January, February and those placed now, and dispatch them within the next 3 weeks?

I believe that Litelok have repeatedly made the same fundamental mistake of giving their customers totally unrealistic expectations on delivery, and they appear to not have learned from that lesson even today.

I've been in business long enough to know how they work and what can go wrong - I've also learned that to make in realistic promises is bad for business.

I don't want to cancel my order (yet), I just want delivery of what I've paid for.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Nothing wrong with taking pre orders but they shouldn't take payment until they dispatch.

Ordinarily I would agree but that isn't how crowd funded new products work.

It would defeat the object of asking for crowd funding and 99% of the time the product would never get made.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Ordinarily I would agree but that isn't how crowd funded new products work.

It would defeat the object of asking for crowd funding and 99% of the time the product would never get made.
But we are customers, not investors
I'm wonder if their card processors know how long Liteloks delivery time has become
The longer the delivery time the greater the risk to the card company.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
With any new product funded this way anybody who pre orders prior to production is taking part in the crowd funding by definition.
I don't remember seeing this in their website
Should customers have bee made aware of this risk?
Looks like a regular e commerce site to me

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I don't remember seeing this in their website
Should customers have bee made aware of this risk?
Looks like a regular e commerce site to me

As I said before I don't think you can have read it properly when you ordered.

I'm happy that I was made fully aware of where they were in terms of production and the likely delays. I'm sure I had to tick a box acknowledging the fact.

It's made very clear that you are pre ordering, not ordering.

As DBK said in a previous post slippage of a month or so on a brand new product is nothing. That's pretty much on time.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
As I said before I don't think you can have read it properly when you ordered.

I'm happy that I was made fully aware of where they were in terms of production and the likely delays. I'm sure I had to tick a box acknowledging the fact.

It's made very clear that you are pre ordering, not ordering.

As DBK said in a previous post slippage of a month or so on a brand new product is nothing. That's pretty much on time.

Let's wait and see when the goods actually arrive

Anyway I'm off now
En route to the Algarve for a bit of Spring Sunshine - stopped off in Bordeaux for a spot of wine tasting

Cheers !

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Anyway I'm off now
En route to the Algarve for a bit of Spring Sunshine - stopped off in Bordeaux for a spot of wine tasting

Cheers !
So, you're 'having a go' at them and you aren't even going to be at home to receive it!!!!! :cautious:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Calm down Minxy
It's going to be delivered to work - whenever it arrives
Okay 'Mr Winner'! :D

From the way you were 'discussing' it I thought you were desparate for it.:rolleyes:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009

Anyway I'm off now

Cheers !
Are you on a trip in your MH!? If so can we have photos of food and views I loved the last one of you and Mrs C ! Have a great trip!

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Okay 'Mr Winner'! :D

From the way you were 'discussing' it I thought you were desparate for it.:rolleyes:
I was desperate, and had to leave home on Monday without my new bike locks
But hey! Worse things happen at sea
And I'm not going to let a small bump in the road like this spoil our trip !

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Are you on a trip in your MH!? If so can we have photos of food and views I loved the last one of you and Mrs C ! Have a great trip!
Yes we're in the MH - might post some pics later. Mrs C recons I spend too much time online !!

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Another 3 weeks have passed, just emailed them for chapter 3 of their tales of woe wading around in all the up front monies!

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Another 3 weeks have passed, just emailed them for chapter 3 of their tales of woe wading around in all the up front monies!
Now if I'd had said that @Minxy Girl would have complained that I was being totally unreasonable.
However I dindn't and shall hold my tongue until April 1st - funny though that they're sill accepting pre orders and payments for delivery in March.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Now if I'd had said that @Minxy Girl would have complained that I was being totally unreasonable.
However I dindn't and shall hold my tongue until April 1st - funny though that they're sill accepting pre orders and payments for delivery in March.
Just uprated to DEFCON 1, (Maximum readiness; all forces ready for combat; nuclear war imminent or likely) incoming expected!

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Well Good Friday and I have an answer, very good.

Hello Michael

Thanks for your message. We are busy shipping to our original Kickstarter backers and once this is complete we'll move on to the pre-orders. It is taking slightly longer than anticipated but we are getting through them and there are no tales of woe. You should receive your order in April - I'm afraid we can't give an exact date right now and we do understand that it might be a little frustrating but please be patient and we'll send you details when we are about to ship.

Thanks again for your support

Best wishes, Neil from Litelok®

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Well Good Friday and I have an answer, very good.

Hello Michael

Thanks for your message. We are busy shipping to our original Kickstarter backers and once this is complete we'll move on to the pre-orders. It is taking slightly longer than anticipated but we are getting through them and there are no tales of woe. You should receive your order in April - I'm afraid we can't give an exact date right now and we do understand that it might be a little frustrating but please be patient and we'll send you details when we are about to ship.

Thanks again for your support

Best wishes, Neil from Litelok®
Call me a cynic but these guys are total amateurs - they're still taking orders on their website for March delivery, but are telling people who ordered in Janary? to expect delivery in April.
Is this some kind of April fool?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
They have started deliveries. See the last post here and the pictures in the Flickr link - but I wouldn't describe it as "Lite". :)
Broken Link Removed

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
As a small business owner I like to support small business and startups.
I understand totally that things can go wrong and that delays can happen.

But to be totally frank I take every word these guys dish out with a BIG pinch of salt.

There has been no update from them to say that delivery will not be until April.

They are still accepting new orders for March delivery - which is totally misleading to the point of being dishonest.

If these guys had an ounce of professionalism they would update their website to show a realistic delivery date, there are at least 3 months of back orders to clear, and they still haven't completed their original batch of investors orders.

They would use more honest terms in their emails - there is no 'slight delay' there is a massive delay.

They are stringing their customers along, and should come clean and start being a little more honest.

This is no way to run a business.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
... all it needed was a little 'nudge' from me to Matt at Litelok and hey-presto he's emailed you lot ... (y)

Could you please give Matt another little 'nudge' please @Minxy Girl as the Liteloks never arrived as suggested in Matt's email, furthermore he has failed to update us on the change in delivery date as he promised he would do on his website. Would appreciate another update/waffle/bullsh*t/excuses

Interesting to note that they have changed their website to say that they are "working hard to ship pre orders in April 2016" and still accepting orders for this delivery this month.

Last edited by a moderator:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Could you please give Matt another little 'nudge' please @Minxy Girl as the Liteloks never arrived as suggested in Matt's email, furthermore he has failed to update us on the change in delivery date as he promised he would do on his website. Would appreciate another update/waffle/bullsh*t/excuses

Interesting to note that they have changed their website to say that they are "working hard to ship pre orders in April 2016" and still accepting orders for this delivery this month.
Not sure what you want me to ask ... in the response that sallylillian got he said April ... he didn't stipulate WHEN in April ...

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Not sure what you want me to ask ....

For starters how about asking.......

How many Liteloks have you actually produced since going into full production?

How many Litelocks are currently on 'Pre Order' having been paid for in full and not delivered?

Why during March 2016, were you still accepting payments for products, for delivery during March, when you had already told a Fun forum member that he should not expect delivery of his lock (ordered months before) until some-when April?

Why do you continue to make misleading and inaccurate claims regarding delivery dates on your website, and why to you continue to accept payments for products for delivery during the current month, when you are already running months behind in your production schedule?

Why have you failed to honor your promise (made on your website) to keep customers informed, should the expected delivery date not be met?

Is that ok for starters?

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
At least you did not put it in Red this time? Below to remind you.
"Give them a chance! This is what it says on their site:

By pre-ordering, you agree to pay for the product(s) now but accept delivery at a later date. We are currently working hard to ship pre-orders in February 2016. We will advise you of any changes to this schedule. The payment of any customs duty/import tax is the responsibility of the customer."

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Well seeing as you two appear to be well and truly blessed with "the gift of the gab" (in red so you see it!) why not write yourselves, after all I'm sure you'll be able to relay your 'views' much better than I could :rolleyes: .... plus I'm not your PA ... gave that up years ago! :D

hello@litelok.com

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back