Lite bike lock in production- may be of interest (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Give them a chance! This is what it says on their site:

Pre-ordering terms and conditions
By pre-ordering, you agree to pay for the product(s) now but accept delivery at a later date. We are currently working hard to ship pre-orders in February 2016. We will advise you of any changes to this schedule. The payment of any customs duty/import tax is the responsibility of the customer.​

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just enquiring, I can read, that's why I said "I know its only mid Feb", no need to paint ball me in red!
:boxing:

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I emailed them before ordering as we're away at the moment and they suggested that delivery would most likely be after 20th Feb.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Emailed them a week ago chasing my order - no reply
Their website now says that pre orders may be delivered in March
Me smells a rat!

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Interesting, when I placed this order in January their web site stated that pre orders would be delivered in February, now they have miraculously changed it to March!! What is even more galling is that they state that if this is not the case purchasers will be notified, yet they have changed from Feb to March and not had the courtesy to advise me! I will give them 2 weeks to deliver if that does not happen I shall apply to PayPal for a refund.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Interesting, when I placed this order in January their web site stated that pre orders would be delivered in February, now they have miraculously changed it to March!! What is even more galling is that they state that if this is not the case purchasers will be notified, yet they have changed from Feb to March and not had the courtesy to advise me! I will give them 2 weeks to deliver if that does not happen I shall apply to PayPal for a refund.
I'm going to give them until the end of March, however I'm mindful that PayPal allows 180 days to begin a claim
These guys have been pretty amateurish in the way they have communicated, at least I would have expected a post on their blog if there had been a delay - keeping people informed costs nothing

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I've just sent Matt at Litelok an email suggestion he comes on here to explain what's going on - I don't for one minute think there's anything underhand going on ... I assume it's simply a delay in the supply chain (no pun intended!).

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I've just sent Matt at Litelok an email suggestion he comes on here to explain what's going on - I don't for one minute think there's anything underhand going on ... I assume it's simply a delay in the supply chain (no pun intended!).
That's no excuse for ignoring customers emails

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

fleurette

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I640 SD
Exp
Well!!!!! just received an email from Neil at Litelok telling me that the first delivery to them had just arrived so those that have ordered should be getting their goods pretty soon :cycle:(y)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I have lost 2 stone so happy to carry my heavy secure chain and D lock!lol:)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
... all it needed was a little 'nudge' from me to Matt at Litelok and hey-presto he's emailed you lot ... (y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We haven't received them yet, and will apply for a refund via PayPal if goods not received by end of March

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I emailed them about a week ago asking for an update. They emailed me back pretty much straightaway explaining that they had been let down with a critical part hence the delay. They've now received the part, completed assembly and started shipping. I'm happy with that.

The first orders to be fulfilled will be to their initial KickStarter backers. That is perfectly reasonable and again I have no issues with it at all.

You have to accept a non specified shipping date and accept delays when you pre order a product like this, especially a crowd funded one.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
You have to accept a non specified shipping date and accept delays when you pre order a product like this, especially a crowd funded one.
Its funny how some people will accept months and months of delays for a motorhome but are not so willing to do so when its for something like this ...

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Its funny how some people will accept months and months of delays for a motorhome but are not so willing to do so when its for something like this ...

I imagine it could be longer than that for their original KickStarter backers.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I imagine it could be longer than that for their original KickStarter backers.
I'm on about people who are buying stuff rather than 'backers' ... they'll wait for months for a new mh and just 'accept' it when it gets pushed back month after month ... but a short delay for a new product seems to have got some hot and bothered!:D

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
It did say when we ordered that it was a pre order and subject to delay. My order number is in the mid 1600s so if they're using a simple numerical system I don't expect mine to be in any of the early batches.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
When I ordered mine at the end of January the expected date of delivery was February
Only in March did Litelok come clean and admit that they had only just begun production.
They are still quoting March delivery if you order today - is this giving customers realistic expectations?
In my opinion No it is not
I expect that when they took full payment from me in January that the we're fully aware that they would not meet the original delivery date if February

For me it's all about giving customers realistic expectations, and keeping people informed if things go wrong
I believe they failed on both accounts and continue to take orders that they can never hope to meet within their own timescales
It's a case of over promising and under delivering, the trademark off a amateurs.
We've had similar types as suppliers in our own business and always end up dropping them in the end
Sad really as it costs nothing to give customers realistic expectations

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
When I ordered mine at the end of January the expected date of delivery was February

Perhaps you didn't read the web page properly? When I placed my order it was made abundantly clear that the February delivery date was only an estimate and was liable to change subject to production being completed on time. I seem to remember having to tick a box agreeing to this.

Remember this is a brand new product being assembled from scratch. They aren't just waiting on more stock arriving from somewhere for an existing product.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back