Lincolnshire and Yorkshire coasts (1 Viewer)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Am at Sandringham CCC site tonight and am heading North up the coast. Ashamed to say never been there before!

Any nice places to wild camp or CS type small site please? Preferably near to pub or resort as we don't feel like cooking much.

Thanks

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
If you belong to the Camping Club then check out the Temporary Holiday Sites.
There is one at Bridlington until July 13 at £6.75 a night. There are others that start in a few days or so. These are usually in fields with no electric.
Just stayed on one at Rutland Water for a few days.

Mike

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
If you are in the cc&c theres a nice cs at Huttoft more or less next door to a pub, it's called Lyndale and Phil who owns it is very welcoming.

There is also Huttoft car terrace a couple of miles away - google it, it's a long story. We were there a few weeks ago, m/homes could still get access.

I was pleasantly surprised about the area, very rural, not all 'skeg vegas'.

Hope this helps
Deb

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Hi
I don't know if it's far enough for you but there is a lovely pub stopover near Spalding, just off the A17. It's called the Bluebell inn Cranesgate south, whaplode saint Catherine's Spalding Lincs PE126SN. 01406 540300.
www.thebluebell.net
I know it's not that close to the coast but you will have to go near enough past it as you travel north.
We had a lovely meal there last night and the place is immaculate.its a fiver to stay the night but free if you have a meal in the pub.
Jo

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Louth is a good place to visit with a CL called Yonder just outside the town.

There is also a CS on Horncastle Road in the town. Grommett knows it's name.

:cooler:

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Happyford CL

happyfordcl.co.uk
01507 602612

This one is nearer to the town centre than Yonder, but it's an uphill walk back. Walk straight down the hill into town, turn right into Mercer Row & find Perkins' Cafe & bistro on your left. Blatant plug - it's run by my step-son. You can mention my name, but it won't do you any good! :) He's a good cook though. (y)

Parking in town is difficult, so Happyford is ideal if you do want to visit. We don't even have a drive, so can't make the usual offer. We might manage a cup of tea for visitors though!

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Avoid Scarborough. The council has banned night time parking in all the decent areas.
Also, in season the place is filthy with litter, dog and seagull mess. Out of season it is passable for a short visit.

Bridlington is cleaner and as mentioned in an earlier post the cc has a ths on at the moment.

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Happyford CL

happyfordcl.co.uk
01507 602612

This one is nearer to the town centre than Yonder, but it's an uphill walk back. Walk straight down the hill into town, turn right into Mercer Row & find Perkins' Cafe & bistro on your left. Blatant plug - it's run by my step-son. You can mention my name, but it won't do you any good! :) He's a good cook though. (y)

Parking in town is difficult, so Happyford is ideal if you do want to visit. We don't even have a drive, so can't make the usual offer. We might manage a cup of tea for visitors though!

It is indeed nearer but it's more expensive and has less facilities than Yonder.
http://www.yondarcampsite.co.uk/#/price/4539932755

:cooler:

captain

Free Member
Apr 1, 2014
Barnsley
Funster No
MH
Hymer S700
Exp
since 2005
There is a lovely place at Kilnsea i am sure it's a CL site pub close by nice food Nr Spurn head have a walk or drive depends on the size of your van nature reserve ships passing very close & wildlife,can get busy but I likes it!

Captain

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Hi

I don't know how long you have got but the North Yorkshire coast is well worth a visit. Yes I agree that Scarborough is busy and although lovely so Is Whitby
where I live . I have to agree that parking in both is a nightmare this time of year . Smaller seaside villages such as Robin Hoods bay, Sandsend,Runswick Bay and Staithes are all lovely and a bit quieter than the main resorts . Because I live in the area I cannot offer much in the way of knowledge about campsites and CLs I know that there are two big campsites near Whitby and also a CL in Aislaby just outside the town where there is a bus service once every hour to Whitby and Robin Hoods Bay . If you hope to park in Whitby you will have to be very early to find a space in the pay and display although now we also have a Park And Ride . All in all May June and September would be much better times to visit .

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi, if you're still heading up the coast and don't mind being inland a little I think you might also enjoy Mount Terrace cs in Pickering. Colin is a proper yorkshire bloke.

It's located right next to the North York Moors Railway Station (you cross their carpark to access the cs) and Pickering is on the doorstep.

No hook ups though.

I think he sometimes has a small THS here but on a different field.

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
If you do go up as far as Whitby there is a site just out of town opposite Whitby Golf Club (a bit expensive but very clean) alternatively pass that one (on the A171 on the way out) and turn left 300yds along the road. It is close enough to walk or cycle into town.
A newish site by a farm £16 including hook up. Not the best but handy for the town.

Hope this helps

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back