Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just out of curiosity. I assume ther will still be a day visitor facility? Or has that been withdrawn?. A couple of times we have gone with a motorhome but for the day. Gives us our own facilities.
I believe you have to pre-purchase the tickets on their website, 2 for £5 I think.

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
I've just looked through my emails and found this:

Hello Paul,

We are finally at our end of season event. It has been a challenging 6 months and I am happy we have been able to bring some events to you and I thank you for your support.

I write with regard to your booking for the Motorhome & Campervan Show Season Finale, at Lincoln, 25th – 27th September, to update you on the event.

We have once again worked closely with the venue and local council and we are able to continue with the show.

We will not be able to bring you the main entertainment venue. However, we can bring you a clubhouse set up in the Epic building, open Friday and Saturday evening, hosting a live singer each night. We will also look to set up an outdoor seating area outside the Epic building. There will be a bar and food area available.

Toilets will be open on this event in the general camping fields and we are looking at attracting a good sized trade area to view. There will be Elsan emptying points and water taps across the site.

Unfortunately, there will be no club or disabled areas on site.

Two camping options will be available. General camping, with Thursday arrival and facilities open in these areas, or wild camping with Friday arrival, but no facilities.

What to do next?

Do nothing!
Stay with us on your current booking and you will receive £10 off next year’s event and your Saturday night main entertainment ticket will be carried over to 2021. We are happy to announce that we have secured Jethro for 2021. We will send you a ‘general’ camping pass in due course to come along this year.

If you just cannot make it this year, email exhibit@warnersgroup.co.uk and request a refund, before 11th September and we will see you next year.

Thank you for your continued support.

Yours sincerely
Sally Dodds
Head of Events
Warner Group Publications Plc
Sorry, I was going off the arrangements they made for Peterborough, which I went to. They've changed things somewhat for Lincoln. At least I made you check your emails!😉
We had that same email and it says do nothing just attend as normal but no club area Wendo55
I'll look out for you there!👍

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Spoke to Warner’s 10 days ago they are posting the tickets out from 18th last minute in case of Covid restrictions, as we are presently away from home they are sending mine to the marshalls to be picked up when we check in.

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
I believe you have to pre-purchase the tickets on their website, 2 for £5 I think.
If we're understanding it correctly, it's £5 for 2 people whether you book in advance or not. If you book in advance you can claim a free magazine 😃

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If we're understanding it correctly, it's £5 for 2 people whether you book in advance or not. If you book in advance you can claim a free magazine 😃
I'll take your word for it ... question is do you really want the free magazine???? :LOL:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We attended the show... Think it was £53 we paid to arrive Thursday and leave Sunday.
We arrived Thursday and left Friday....... Not the organisers fault nor the traders....
I felt so sorry for the traders who made the effort to attend.. Sat on their hands most of the year, first decent show they attend and the gods conspired agin them with awful weather.... We spent what we could to support the traders there but our pitiful contribution would in no way make up for their plight

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Similar to Jaws - went for a day trip on the Saturday.... Spent 90minutes total there and got a few bits and bobs and spent afternoon in Lincoln after a lovely tea at Bunty's.

Nov 19, 2013
york
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We went Friday to Sunday in the 'wild camping' bit. Was a bit windy but had a wander round and went to the bar/clubhouse on both nights with a singer on and had a good time. I thought it was a good weekend overall.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Arrived Thursday and left Monday. On occasions the weather was dreadful, smashing several stalls where we got involved failing to save more than one gazebo. After such a difficult year, we felt really sorry for the stallholders, some of whom had genuinely tragic tales to tell of hardship during lockdown.
To round off the sad tale, while everyone was clearing up on Monday, the sun shone and the wind dropped.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back