Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Being a naturally suspicious person I might almost think that THEY will be aware that a lot of Motorhomers do not know about that limit and there MIGHT be a camera on the route up from the bypass to the show site

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Being a naturally suspicious person I might almost think that THEY will be aware that a lot of Motorhomers do not know about that limit and there MIGHT be a camera on the route up from the bypass to the show site
There is and it is a 50 limit.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
To clarify, the new average speed cameras are on the A15 south of Lincoln, where the national speed limit of 60mph applies (& so DavidG58's comment applies).

North of Lincoln, as Mikeco says, there is already a 50mph speed limit from the by-pass to some way north of the showground that applies to all vehicles, which has long been monitored by Gatso cameras. This applies whether you approach from the north or the south. There are several 50mph stretches of the A15 all the way from Lincoln right up to the M180.

The A15 is a straight Roman road with many hidden dips. I imagine the idea is to discourage overtaking. The increase in the HGV limit from 40 to 50mph may also help (not that many stuck to 40).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back