Free Member
Sep 13, 2018
Gods own
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T67s
Exp
Getting the hang of it
Anyone at the Lincoln show is it worth a visit just for the day.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Only live 20 mile away and went this morning, apart from walking over to the Funster Tent and seeing Jim and Sian we should have stayed at home. Unless you are looking at vans I think that its a waste of time. £9 each to get in unless you book on line for £6.

Reactions: GJH

Bobby dazzler

Free Member
Jan 8, 2011
Debyshire
Funster No
MH
hymer c640 c class
Exp
since 2009
Yeah been today was a good day out I recon nice change after the last couple of years

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
We went yesterday, didn't know where to look for funsters tent. We left at lunchtime as Caspers not well enough to trawl round a show so neighbour let him out.
Frightened myself by trying to ride an electric bike. It's was getting very busy when we left.

OP
OP
carthorse

carthorse

Free Member
Sep 13, 2018
Gods own
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T67s
Exp
Getting the hang of it
Two for one against think we'll give it a go.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We went yesterday, we'd taken out a couple of mag subscriptions with Warners: £5 for 3 issues including a free gift and a free ticket to the show, I got MMM mag hubby got Which MH mag. When we went in we just handed over our printed tickets and each collected our free gift which was a rucksack, plastic 'jar' with a microfibre towel in, ice scraper, bottle opening, pizza cutter, and a few other bits.

It was nice to have a potter round the show as we hadn't been to one for well over 2, maybe 3 or 4, years, there was plenty to keep us occupied for a good few hours just looking at the stalls and we had a good rummage but didn't buy a lot: a spud peeler; reflective tape for our step, mirrors etc; Gorilla glue; and a couple of strong replacement storage bags for our lovely chairs as the originals bags had definitely seen better days ... the chairs are now 20 years old and still going strong! :giggle: After we had lunch we had a mooch at some of the MHs and campers with no intention whatsoever of getting one, just to see what the new 'trends/layouts' were, and were impressed by how good the offerings from Consort were with some nice touches and being well thought out, the quality of the workmanship was very high and put a lot of the more expensive ones to shame. If I wanted a PVC with a layout which they did I'd certainly consider them in the future especially as they'd likely do any 'tweaks' to it that I wanted. We were disappointed with a Wildax PVC we looked at which had trimmed the edging round the dinette window with basic 90 degree plastic strips, something you'd buy from your local B&Q, and not something I'd expect to find in one of the more expensive PVCs!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We went yesterday, we'd taken out a couple of mag subscriptions with Warners: £5 for 3 issues including a free gift and a free ticket to the show, I got MMM mag hubby got Which MH mag. When we went in we just handed over our printed tickets and each collected our free gift which was a rucksack, plastic 'jar' with a microfibre towel in, ice scraper, bottle opening, pizza cutter, and a few other bits.

It was nice to have a potter round the show as we hadn't been to one for well over 2, maybe 3 or 4, years, there was plenty to keep us occupied for a good few hours just looking at the stalls and we had a good rummage but didn't buy a lot: a spud peeler; reflective tape for our step, mirrors etc; Gorilla glue; and a couple of strong replacement storage bags for our lovely chairs as the originals bags had definitely seen better days ... the chairs are now 20 years old and still going strong! :giggle: After we had lunch we had a mooch at some of the MHs and campers with no intention whatsoever of getting one, just to see what the new 'trends/layouts' were, and were impressed by how good the offerings from Consort were with some nice touches and being well thought out, the quality of the workmanship was very high and put a lot of the more expensive ones to shame. If I wanted a PVC with a layout which they did I'd certainly consider them in the future especially as they'd likely do any 'tweaks' to it that I wanted. We were disappointed with a Wildax PVC we looked at which had trimmed the edging round the dinette window with basic 90 degree plastic strips, something you'd buy from your local B&Q, and not something I'd expect to find in one of the more expensive PVCs!
Did not see you at the funsters tent!……. Just saying…..

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Did not see you at the funsters tent!……. Just saying…..
Couldn't find it so assume it wasn't in with the stalls. Either that or when you lot saw us coming you took down the signs and hid!!! 😊

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The late night music is popular. :)
It was too loud and did go on till 11:30 pm. The person I left in charge got a bit drunk and carried away :blush: I spent most of Saturday apologising to those close by. That said, the people coming over the next day wanting to join us because of what they heard, was longer than the complaint queue.

As for the show, me and Siân have been so busy we've not had a chance to visit it yet. Hopefully we'll get across there this morning.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We walked round (twice) in an hour or so on Friday and saw nothing to make us want to go round again.
Luckily there was the shuttle bus into the city yesterday.
We came home this morning rather than stop the extra day/night as originally intended.

We had given up going to shows after Lincoln 5 years ago because the standard had dropped so much. Sad to say it has dropped even more.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back