Rally Chat Lincoln Show thanks (1 Viewer)

Mike shelton

Free Member
Jan 3, 2015
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I was on the club site my van was against the building site. there was no reason for anybody to venture to the near side of van and the fence

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Had a great time terrific view of the spitfire. hurricane and the dakota. But irate that to know we have a thief in the club who stole my nearside milenco mirrow guard.
We belong to three clubs and this is the first time we have any thing stolen WHERE,S THE FUN IN THAT, DO WE HAVE TO CHAIN DOWN EVERYTHING.

You did say that we have a thief in the club.

I've been a member for 8 years and never ever have heard of any thieving with motorhome fun.
Most members on here would rather give than take.

John.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
As I was packing up at the caravan show the person in the next van was putting on is mirror guards. Perhaps he new that they were a prime target.

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Good job they weren't the better and more expensive and original Mirror Guards! :ROFLMAO:

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
I did not indicate the the theft of my mirrow guard was by a Funster as some people assumed
You very clearly did:( You were more vulnerable where you were parked for anyone wandering around especially when the entertainment took place.

Deleted User
Sounds like the same git, that stole my club hammer of all things. Now understand why so many solar panels were chained to the chassis. Lesson learnt, leave newt out at night.
I don't think for a minute Mike like me thought that the tea leaf was a funstor. We were parked about 70 yards from the perimiter fence, hop skip and a jump and hey ho.
I had a wheel and tyre for sale, 2 enquiries and sold to the 1st, neither of which were funstors, people wander around all the time.
If you want to increase security, all members must wear their badge, and those who don't get challenged. Which would have been hard for us as being the newbie's didn't know we had to order in advance so were badgeless. Have mentioned on other threads thieves hate witnesses more than plod, who just patrol.

Our first time, and many thanks for the welcome, and especially the guy with the kitten who got the sat nav running and to Ciderman who folded away a very blusterry awning, much obliged to you both.
I think from what we saw, the camaraderie is there, just needs tweaking, more reasons to mix in than reasons not too. Information is everything.
Sorry we didn't go in the marquee, 600 yards carrying 2 chairs, 1 with a dodgy hip and t'other with arthritis. Coudn't a request be put in for next year to centralise the marquee and the loos. So sounds like we missed out on the butties and cakes etc. Which we have only just heard about, no programm given out on arrival?
Appreciate that the cost of table hire and chairs, have to be met. But may I suggest that the marshalls get a quote and ask those attending what they think! Don't want to put my size 43 in it, just suggesting is all.
Like my school report always said, 'Must try harder', so will be there in 2017, for Norfolk, Lincoln and hopefully the Country Show in August.
Have a few ideas for Lincoln, but am short on who to contact.
Ian
aka RanC , mines a Rum and Coke

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
43920861.jpg

@RanC
This thread is from last years Lincoln Show thread...

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Thanks to everyone that made our stay so enjoyable.Peter & Chris.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back