Lincoln Show ... be warned ... I'm not far from you!!! (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Currently 'camped' at the viewpoint/picnic spot down the road from the show ground! So far there are 4 of us wild camping and we'll probably have a couple more I reckon for tonight, nice spot with lovely view over the Lincolnshire countryside towards the power stations, lovely sunset too tonight.

We had a nice wander round Lincoln this afternoon (finding parking was horrendous!) and hit the shops - got a nice towel holder in Wilko, similar to the below but nicer looking with rounded ends - it was reduced to 25p (not sure of the original price) but when it went through the till it was only 10p!!! Gonna put it up in the washroom for our hand, face etc towels to keep them 'captive' as they tend to jump off hooks!

tea towel holder.JPG

Also got a pop up 'delicates' dryer - the sort of thing you lay jumpers etc on to dry without creasing/loosing shape, it comes with a zipped carry bag and a karribena ... for the princely sum of 25p ... originally these were £6!! I intend to use it as a barrier on a night time to put across the aisle to stop the dogs getting through to us and jumping on the bed.

dryer.JPG

By far our 'best buys' though were 7 tents from Halfords, four reduced from £150 to £40, two reduced from £120 to £30, and one from £300 down to £100 ... should turn a nice 'profit' on them next year! :D

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
With reference to my above posting about the 'dryer' for 25p I thought I'd put a few piccies on regarding what we are using ours for:

1. the bedtime 'barrier' to stop the little monsters bothering us in the night, it jams nicely in place so they can't push it out of the way.

aisle barrier.JPG

2. a window barrier - this means that on site we can open the cab windows and the 'barrier' prevents the dogs jumping out or someone reaching in, it could possibly be used on other windows too.

cab window barriers 1.JPG

cab window barrier 2.JPG

3. as a temporary door barrier - whilst we don't need it as I have a purpose made gate (green thing on right) it would make a temporary barrier to stop 'little precious' getting out if positioned correctly.

door barrier.JPG

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
With reference to my above posting about the 'dryer' for 25p I thought I'd put a few piccies on regarding what we are using ours for:

1. the bedtime 'barrier' to stop the little monsters bothering us in the night, it jams nicely in place so they can't push it out of the way.

View attachment 43556

2. a window barrier - this means that on site we can open the cab windows and the 'barrier' prevents the dogs jumping out or someone reaching in, it could possibly be used on other windows too.

View attachment 43563

View attachment 43564

3. as a temporary door barrier - whilst we don't need it as I have a purpose made gate (green thing on right) it would make a temporary barrier to stop 'little precious' getting out if positioned correctly.

View attachment 43562
Did you get robbed after leaving the door open, looks like they left quite a mess behind them

;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back