Lincoln - Just an observation (1 Viewer)

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Don't get a stair lift they are really dangerous. I know of two deaths on them...one where a man starved to death following it breaking down and he couldn't get off it...
Far better to chance your arm being gassed in france

I think you are a trouble maker Paul
I am being gassed as we speak;)
and will be only too glad to get rid of our piece of
:france:mouldering cheese in the next :swear2:week or so
somewhere near Knutsford.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Always amazed me how slow those stair lifts are.. MUST be a a way to speed them up ! I think that is I should ever have to have one fitted ( god forbid ) I would def be in there with the screwdriver !!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
normanandsue

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
I don't think Norman and Sue are getting at the people on scooters, or even dogs, but pointing out that there is a problem. Maybe the aisles need to be wiser or a ruling of some kind, Walk on right hand side or something like in some other public events...

I definitely found that there was a problem with dogs .... ALSO AT MALVERN ... I love dogs but was constantly blocked by people with four or five dogs on leads all crossed over and running every which way but loose. There was no way to overtake them or even continue walking forwards past them.... goodness knows how anyone disabled could have passed without risk of tripping or taking scooter onto the grass.

It took away the pleasure of the show.
Thanks Joy you are absolutely spot on. I was only making an observation not a comment!

OP
OP
normanandsue

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
I personally thought the first post in this thread is very insensitive to disabled motorhomers we have met many over the last 20yrs and great peeps they have all been,some quite inspirational.so I think they deserve our patience and respect.come on guys cut um some slack,we could end up on a scooter one day(y)
brian and jo
I am sorry for those who found my observation insensitive, it was never intended to be, it was, as I said, an observation and not a comment, but sadly some posters have read more into my observation than was ever intended. If you use a mobility scooter you have my sympathy, though I am sure you do not want it, as there but for the grace of God go I. I confess I do not own a dog by choice but I enjoy other people's dogs.
For this reason I make no comment on my original post except to say it obviously has hit a nerve and as Joy says it is a problem that needs to be addressed for the benefit of able bodied and mobility impaired people, dog owners and non dog owners.

Norman

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We are doggy people.. We decided not to have another when we got in to motorhoming for various reasons.. The least of which is not the absolute heartbreak we have when they eventually cast off their mortal coil..

Having said that, I just got a great book as a pressy !!

Tis a cook book from Thailand

101 way to wok your dog ....

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
My dog Elvis has just got a scooter and throws his poo at camper vans and likes to gas folk.

Yup. That should just about piss everybody off :)
He aint nothin but a hound dog though

Aug 28, 2014
Dorset (expat Oxonian)
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 2011
Hey Norman, just Imagine the response if you had been complaining!!!:crying:

I too like other people's dogs, like grand kids, you hand them back when you've had enough!!!(y) :hi:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Terry's dog, Max, digs a hole to bury it's own poo in, bless. I'm not sure but he may also do it for Terry too...:rofl::rofl:

DMax.jpg

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
whenever I read 'Just an observation' .... I think :reel:

" dodge to avoid being run over" by geriatric speedsters or tripped over by uncontrolled dogs on long leads wandering all over the place.

this was more than an observation.. it places blame ..

if it walks like a duck.. quacks like a duck ... no amount of 'observing' will change it into a Swan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Awww be fair, our Jim.... the important words are 'uncontrolled' and 'speedsters'. :*

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back