Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks to all those Lincoln Show Funsters, we had a great time, :thumb::thumb: Looking forward to doing it again soon::bigsmile:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
The next show is Malvern, only a month away..........is anyone going?

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
We got back late last night, had a great time as usual just a shame about the weather! It was really confusing, hot sunbathing weather one minute and cold rain the next.

Missed having the usual barbie/get together but the weather was just against us, we'll have to make up for it next time. ::bigsmile:

Nice to put faces to names, hope you all got home safe ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
yes, once again thanks to suzy and Brian for your arranging a great meet.
we really had a good time, especially with those big dogs next to us and the littel terriers chasing tennis balls, it saves buying your own dog for the kids when you can play with other peoples ::bigsmile:.

It was a shame that we never BBQd but the music thingy made a get together a little difficult.

I have some interesting photos which I will add to my blog or here when I get a chance, especially Geo as a cowboy and Pammy giving everyone a lesson in waste disposal :ROFLMAO:

enjoy yourselves at the americana
thanks again funsters :thumb:

Last edited:

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
We really enjoyed Lincoln, meeting everyone again was great and the organisation was very professional, by far the best show we have attended!

Throw in air displays by the Red Arrows and brilliant sunshine all day on Friday, and WOW!

The weather did deteriorate a bit!, but at least it cleared enough to enjoy the open air music on Saturday night, we thought Herman's Hermits were fantastic, we enjoyed them better than the Motown, but then everyone has different musical tastes!

We are looking forwards to the next meet!

Ginny and Michael

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
its in the calender john, bookable 'til the 21st july.:thumb:

i beleive bryan is looking for a rally marshall.

I haven't got a clipboard sadly:Doh::winky:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Thrown in Red Arrows,They was laid on them was by Jim and Bryan:Eeek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
Another great meet guys ::bigsmile:::bigsmile: had a real swinginging :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: time

see ya all again soon

Mark & Shaz

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Hi Guys
another fantastic meet with old freinds and new
A big thanks to Bryan, Suzy, Geo and Pammy for their hospitality :thumb:

Can't wait to get together again ::bigsmile:

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
hi everyone, great meet yet again, still recovering these late nights you know i am shattered but well worth the lack of sleep, though i don't think my boss was too pleased when i arrived in work an hour late this morning:Eeek: thanks to byan and suzy for their exemplary organising as usual, shame the weather let us down and yes i was a wuss on saturday night too cold and damp for me to sit out at the music what ever happened to warm barmy nights, glad all those that went to the music night enjoyed themselves, fingers crossed for the americana lets hope the weather improves, or i will be a wuss again lol,see u all agin soon:thumb:
ruth

dised

Free Member
Apr 28, 2008
Market Harborough
Funster No
Exp
one year
Thank you to all for the welcome and help/information at this first meeting for us.
Red Arrows ( 2 shows in one day) was a real bonus. Appologies to all for the barking at 8on Sunday morning...

Look forward to seeing you all again.

Dave and Di

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi All

Great show and good company as usual, special thanks to Bryan & Suzy.
We had the usual nightmare journey back which seems to happen every time we go North. A46 was closed just north of Newark so we had to find a way around with 100's of others. The heavens opened as well and it took us 6 hours to get home.
Never mind looking forward to the Americana and hopefully some better weather.

See you soon :thumb:

owlgirl

Free Member
Jul 7, 2008
Funster No
Unfortunately we cannot go to Malvern this year as its too near our own Festival so Rog will be on site most of the time getting all the amenities in place.

Will be going to the Pickering one though, we are already booked in for that so see you there.

Have a great time at Malvern, we went last year for the first time and really enjoyed it but they have moved the date this year.:cry:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Just been speaking to another trader who was at Lincoln........he was telling me that there was a bit of a shunt involving two large American RVs on one of the dealers trade stands....did anyone else see anything? :Eeek:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Linda only heard about it, they wre moved away so fast,it was the man himself apparntly wot did it, you cant select reverse at 4000 rpm with another Rv 2 foot behind you:Eeek:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Oops :roflmto:

What with that AND the cost of the pitch, not a profitable weekend then :Doh:

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Linda

The owner of Travel World was trying to reverse a large RV a foot back so he could take out the awning to show somebody. His shoe was wet, his foot slipped and he smashed into another new RV behind him!!!

The first RV had a broken ladder and it had smashed through the body. The second RV was even more damaged, the windscreen, wing mirror and front end all crumpled. The worst of it was that both had already been sold!!

He moved them both off the showground almost immediately!

Ginny

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Ouch! :Eeek:

I had heard that it wasn't a good show from the traders' point of view......it seems some had a worse time of it than others! :Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back