Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
Hi does anyone use lilly pad leisure windblocker shades
are they any good in windy conditions.I was looking at the one with the inner membranes.
I have a Fiamma room, but looking at these for putting up quicker say for a couple of days use.
many thanks
Paul

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I use them as they came with the motorhome when I got it :)

Had it 3 years and never bothered until recently when I stopped off at the Romsey show. Took minutes to put up and are really effective against the wind, much better than I expected :)

Obviously they're see through, but not that much in the daylight, but more so in the low light :)

Don't know if I'd have spent the money on them, but I'll certainly use them a lot more now, especially at the speed they can be put up :)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yup..
we use the nets all summer and the safari room in winter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I bought a set a few years ago and they work well.
easy to fit and weight next to nothing.

I got a pair of complimentary telescopic poles for the end nets in the price but they are nothing more than telescopic cloths props available from wilkinsons for pocket money prices.

A pack of plastic 'bulldog' clips join the front and end panels to your awning poles and stop the panels flapping in the wind.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Yes,,, had them for years..
There are some situations where they are just right for using both in UK and in sunnier climates..
Can comment about the inner membrane, think ours are about 8 years old..
The side poles ( washing line props) are a bit naff, I use some decorators poles instead..

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Hi we have them, if we are having a really good day and fancy a row we get them out..

1st row..should we bother to put them up.

2nd row..are we using both sides and front?

3rd row..forgetting to put the racket strap thing in first.

4th row..slotting them in back to front (not that it matters).

5th row a repeat of row no 1.

Having said all that yes they are good and do keep the wind out.

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Tip....
Thread a suitable length Bungee cord through the tie down loops an just peg the cord at both ends of the panel, gives a bit more flexibility if the wind is too strong because the elastic aged tie down loops are not that strong.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We threw the side poles away.. Had a word with Lillypad and they supplied at reasonable cost the same stuff that is on the front net.. That top beading that slides in to the slot on the awning.

Woman sewed it to the tops of the side walls..
We use the side rafters from the safari room and slide the nets in to them.
Big advantages are..

The rafters help keep the wind out awning taught and stops it flapping
The side walls go up in seconds.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
What size do you need? I have a set for sale (without the membranes) ... :)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
have a pair of sides only...not to great in Italian thunderstorms, but that may be down to me not fitting correctly....we like them.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
4METRE WIDE,2.6 METRE HIGH
Thanks Paul

We have a new generation set (with membrane) they were purchased for use on our Hymer Starline 700s, and yes it had a four metre awning, and I would have to check the height, but I think its that size, and its as new, only fitted once, to fit the tie down straps, which were an extra.

Why do we still have it? Well when we sold the Hymer (health reasons) the purchaser wasn't interested in it, only the full privacy room, ever since, its been in dry storage.

I'm away tomorrow until next Tuesday, so if your interested, leave me a message and I will respond asap.

post script....Just been to measure the height, it is 2.7 metres, so it would need adjusting to fit.

Last edited:

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
We use a awning room from Parrotsol takes only a few minutes to put up or take down, is waterproof, very light weight and packs away quite small. We use it all year round as great when it rains but also defuses direct sunlight well.
image1397.gif

T

Tackle man

Deleted User
I bought a set a few years ago and they work well.
easy to fit and weighed next to nothing.

I got a pair of complimentary telescopic poles for the end nets in the price but they are nothing more than telescopic cloths props available from wilkinsons for pocket money prices.

A pack of plastic 'bulldog' clips join the front and end panels to your awning poles and stop the panels flapping in the wind.
I bought a set at the NEC a few years ago and they are fine in calm sunny weather.
I was unfortunate with mine when a strong gust of wind suddenly dislodged the telescopic pole "clothes prop from Wilco's" that was given with the nets.
Such was the sudden and unpredicted Storm the pole scratched the side of my new van at the time.
WARNING - do not rely on these cheap clothes props! The nets are fine but get new poles from Thule, much cheaper in the long run!
Just for interest I gave my feedback to the bloke who sold the system and he rudely told me it was my fault the way I had slotted them to my van and roll out!
NO! His fault for selling crap poles! :banghead::swear:

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
What are these thule poles of which you speak?

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We were looking on Amazon for extending painters poles, which would do the same job, and much much stronger. At about 17 quid for a good quality one, not expensive either

T

Tackle man

Deleted User
What are these thule poles of which you speak?
They are robust telescopic poles with the correct fittings that attach to your rollout frame under the canopy and onto the inside front of the roll out. Very sturdy and secure!
Thule sell the original version of the Lillicrap system but as expected they are considerably more expensive.
I bought from Thule because I didn't want to damage my new van. (y):)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back