LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
The screen set up on my iPad shows a contributor's avatar and underneath, their date of joining, number of messages, number of likes and their location. I use this 'snap shot' of the member to get a vague idea of how helpful, or not, that person has been in the past.

Longer serving members, who were using the forum prior to the introduction of the additional "thank you, informative, useful, nice one and love it" buttons, have a far higher proportionate number of likes, than newer members, obviously from the days where liking a post was the only option.

I know looking at someone's profile page gives the option of seeing all awards given, but without leaving the thread, it looks now as if newer members aren't as likeable or helpful as longer serving members.

Just a thought, but would having the 'likes received' updated to reflect all positive awards, under the avatar, be a better or more accurate reflection of the member.

Not that I'm suggesting @Jim needs even more work to do :LOL:

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
If i click on your avatar you have +2853 ratings, as opposed to your avatar showing 1494 likes, suggesting that not all positive feedback is registered as a '' like '' (y)

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
Looking at likes received really says little as they may have awarded for a political/lifestyle comment that you may not necessarily agree with.

Because of that, if only one of the positives is going to be shown, it would be better to show the "informatives" as they are generally given for something MH related rather than jokes and politics.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
It does feel a bit complicated at times, I'm not sure whether to Like or Thank a post. Thank feels more than a Like but doesn't register in the stats the same way :unsure:o_O

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
I've been a member for just over a year. 274 posts and only a rating of 231. So, less than one rating per post.

I mainly post on technical issues. So is the rating only based on "likes" cos I got a lot of "informative" responses.

Perhaps it would encourage relative newbies to post more if the rating system was more encompassing. I couldn't really care a stuff but it's nice to feel that the responses to your posts are fully recorded by the rating system.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
If you look on your own profile page you can see a complete analysis of your ratings of every type both given and received. Long standing members and friends are probably more likely to view and rate posts of those that they know before looking at others so one has to build a reputation amongst the membership with positive and informed opinion to generate any sort of following. I have never attended a rally yet so am not known at all on that front. All these factors must have a bearing but at the end of the day so long as you get what you want from the forum and enjoy it, have FUN etc, who cares!

Rutland Rover

Free Member
May 20, 2017
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I am a newbie
As a newbie I never knew they were there and on the small screen of the phone I have no idea what they all are.....but I noticed I must have unwittingly pressed some of them..ooops!! I still can't see what they all are.

Ricardoe

Free Member
Apr 11, 2016
West midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer544
Exp
Just started
Ok..so can someone tell me what does the "rating" mean..mine's 99 so I figure I'm pretty damn good!..... or what?(n)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
The number and frequency of the "likes" etc. I receive from Funsters goes a long way towards the construction of my Christmas Card list... ;)

JJ :cool:

But in fairness .. you should give them if you expect to receive them. ;)

Jan 22, 2017
North wales
Funster No
MH
Ace Napoli (Swift)
Exp
Since February 2019
I am sure my ratings/likes used to show in red near my username on the navigation bar (it doesn't now) can anyone tell me why?

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
The number and frequency of the "likes" etc. I receive from Funsters goes a long way towards the construction of my Christmas Card list... ;)

I keep hearing of this Christmas card list, but am obviously not on it :rolleyes:. Maybe its time you did an update :whistle:.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie

Doesn’t cost ya much in postage each year then :rofl:

Last edited:

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
On another Forum I recently joined, the German LinerTreff, they have a dislike button. Then @Jim will need a new algorithm to calculate the net position.

Jan 22, 2017
North wales
Funster No
MH
Ace Napoli (Swift)
Exp
Since February 2019

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.