Like Father, Like Daughter... (1 Viewer)

SilverF1

Free Member
Nov 14, 2010
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
7 years and upwards
Maybe, one day, we'll run into to her on a spanish motorway, just like her Dad. ;)

Being serious, it's got lots of character and we wish her well with it.

Reactions: JJ
Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Love the truck JJ (y) I bet your glad to have your daughter close(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Whatever her chosen life style good luck to her
How refreshing to find ones offspring with a touch of individuality, and not be part of the 'cloning' process that engulfs so many people today. (y) To get back in touch with nature, (and I suspect her own psyche), is indeed an achievement. Doubtless her days will be filled with the simple pleasures that many of us older types knew as children. (y) I envy her, in many ways, but mostly because she has chosen to live in a truly unique way, in a sturdy old truck that in itself has a history of toil and hard work. I'm sure that both of them will forge an unbreakable bond together. :)

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Love the blog you linked to. Hope it all works out for young Miss JJ

Wildling

Free Member
Jul 16, 2015
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Bedford TK conversion
Exp
Life (via Dad)
Hi! Thought I'd best get joining in since I'm soon (ish) to hit the road...

I'm daughter-of-JJ and, as Dad says, am currently in negotiation with my vendor regarding above truck. He seems a nice enough bloke so let's give him the benefit of the doubt so far and assume he didn't know that a) the rust to the cab was QUITE that bad and b) that he water pipe had leaked during last drive - running her dry and leaking all over the alternator.

I'd far prefer to keep the old cab/chassis as I am a sentimental fool and really want Rima's original vehicle. However, this has cost me all of my pennies (via loan from sister-of-dad) so I can't be faffing around with thousands of pounds worth of work just t get her to move.

Rima's paintings can be found here: http://www.rimastaines.com/

And those who are interested should also look at the blog Dad posted link to as it has great video of her latest conversion - another Bedford that she and her partner are converting via a crowdfunding campaign into a travelling theatre.

As to growing my own - yup. Great crop at the moment. Justbeen out and picked about 4 bowls of raspberries and the beans are doing OK as well... ;)

Look forward to sharing tales of the new beast - which will require a name at some point, I feel.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Do you know, I'm sure I've seen someone else on FUN with that same wry sense of humour .... :)

Welcome and all the very best with getting the old girl back on the road. (y)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi miss Wildling (y)and welcome great to see you following in the old mans footsteps Hope to meet you one day and of course JJ although I feel I already know him:) he will be a good friend to have once I meet him in the flesh so to speak -good luck on your project
terry

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
may you have fun in your Bedford. I drove one for a number of years. they are great to drive if you are under 5 ft 10 inches tall any bigger and you hit your head every time you hit a bump. but well done , hope to see you in a field some time.

Wildling

Free Member
Jul 16, 2015
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Bedford TK conversion
Exp
Life (via Dad)
Hi Miss Wilding. ! Happy to see you there.... It makes a little change from last time we met! Much more my world here LOL ;)(y)

Affectueusement

Frankie:):)

Frankie!
Salut, ça va?
I was sooo tired the last time we met... I think I had just driven all the way from Devon after de-rigging lights at Beautiful Days festival. I recall starting my shift at 5am so that I could leave in time to get back for the City home game. I hope the next time we meet, I an make you some coffee in my own truck. Family outing with Ben and Alice as well, maybe? J'espère...

Bises, A x

Wildling

Free Member
Jul 16, 2015
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Bedford TK conversion
Exp
Life (via Dad)
As to the truck - managed to get a fat discount due to the amount of work needed for a ticket. So can now go ahead and get it ll done. Coincidentally, a mate of a mate turns out to be long time friend of the mechanic who is housing truck and doing the work. I shall be taking them both out for some ale prior to this year's Beautiful Days gig.

I love a bit of synchronicity, me. :)

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
We are not far from Brizzle and I'm there relatively offen to see my Dad so if you need a hand with anything shout out... Although sommat tells me you won't need it..

Jack Russel

Free Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stockport
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Why has the previous owner let this fantastic vehicle go? Has she given up travelling?

Good luck to your daughter.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back