Lightweight Car And Trailer Combination (1 Viewer)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Seen this on a Motorhome Facebook page the car is plastic and weight is only 380Kg. The trailer looks interesting.

image.jpg

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Yes seen those before, shame they only do them for the microcar.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Yes 'micro cars '. Aixim, Ligier,Attic etc.Very popular here as there was/ is no requirement for a licence.!!
Micro cars "sin carnet" they are called here ( Means No licence )
The only requirement now is a moped licence. Extremely popular with old people, usually the ones that can barely see:eek:
You wouldn't want to be in an accident in one either, nor see one that has caught fire. The actually chassis is 1/2" box section. I've seen better & more substantial trailers.
You can get all sorts including pick-ups & convertibles & the prices are eye watering for what it is. Then again they can charge what they like as the people buying them have no other choice . A 'decent' one here is dearer than a Ford Ka or opel Corsa:LOL:

They sell 000's here & all to people that have never taken a test /cannot actually drive / could never pass a test/ cannot usually see too well. You even used to be able to drive them from about the age of 9 or 10 !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Yes 'micro cars '. Aixim, Ligier,Attic etc.Very popular here as there was/ is no requirement for a licence.!!
Micro cars "sin carnet" they are called here ( Means No licence )
The only requirement now is a moped licence. Extremely popular with old people, usually the ones that can barely see:eek:
You wouldn't want to be in an accident in one either, nor see one that has caught fire. The actually chassis is 1/2" box section. I've seen better & more substantial trailers.
You can get all sorts including pick-ups & convertibles & the prices are eye watering for what it is. Then again they can charge what they like as the people buying them have no other choice . A 'decent' one here is dearer than a Ford Ka or opel Corsa:LOL:

They sell 000's here & all to people that have never taken a test /cannot actually drive / could never pass a test/ cannot usually see too well. You even used to be able to drive them from about the age of 9 or 10 !!
I will give them lots of room from now on. They sound a bit like a big mobility scooter with a roof. I must get one!

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
As a follow on from this post can anyone recommend a trailer to match up with the C1/Aygo cars. On Monday our Volvo XC 90 is being traded in for a Citroën C1 with the intention of towing it to Spain where we will be parked up for 5 months. In previous years we have left the Volvo parked up at home and used the van for trips out. Even with a panel van this is not always easy to do hence the need for the car, I also need it for nipping out to play golf.
So looking for a trailer with a payload of 1050kg, that's 850 for the car and 200 for the awning and other stuff we take in winter.

Mike

Nov 23, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Ifor Williams CT 115 should give very close to what you want. We have one and carry a Vw UP. It is a single axle but tows very well. From memory gross weight is 1400 kg and trailer about 370kg.
Dave

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Ifor Williams CT 115 should give very close to what you want. We have one and carry a Vw UP. It is a single axle but tows very well. From memory gross weight is 1400 kg and trailer about 370kg.
Dave
Thanks I will have a look.

Mike

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Can I tow one of those on an A frame in Spain?

If not, why not?

:D

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
brian james micro max trailer and a 2009 Nissan Pixo total cost £3500 !! before the pixo we had a fiat panda. Also have had my 1996 Mx6 Mk1 on it to Germany 2 years ago !!
Trail bought 3 years ago s/h c/w tie down straps, wheel and hitch lock for £1300
In my opinion far better that an A frame and legal everywhere too !!

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
brian james micro max trailer and a 2009 Nissan Pixo total cost £3500 !! before the pixo we had a fiat panda. Also have had my 1996 Mx6 Mk1 on it to Germany 2 years ago !!
Trail bought 3 years ago s/h c/w tie down straps, wheel and hitch lock for £1300
In my opinion far better that an A frame and legal everywhere too !!
I cannot find any details for the micro max can you advise what load it will carry and the bed length.

Mike

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Hi Mike, here is the link for all the specs, www.brianjames.co.uk/range/range_

cheers
tom

Deleted User
I have been thinking of towing our Honda Jazz with a trailor but am not sure of the weights. I am pretty sure the m/h would cope alright ( 3 lt merc) Its either that or a caravan heaven forbid.

spongy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back