Light (ish) e-bike, our solution (1 Viewer)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Our Kudos Secret has served us really well over the last 4yrs and it really has been used and abused. Now though it was time to replace it with a full frame/wheel bike as the journeys were getting longer and the loads heavier.

Longer journeys as the children get more capable on a bike, so we can now make 30km trips even with the 9yr old and today I managed 40km with the 11yr old.

Heavier loads thanks to the 2 woofers in the trailer. There are many times when it's just safer and easier to have the dogs in a trailer rather than running around all over the place so last year we bought a Croozer dog trailer that has been a good decision. It does however mean though that someone needs to pull 2 x 20kgs of dog and a 13kgs trailer behind them.....

So the search was on for a solution to the 60kg bike rack limit, and a full size e-bike that didn't weigh as much as a small hatchback.

OK some how I cheated as I upgraded from a Hardtail mountain bike last year to a carbon Cross bike which saved me 4kgs and then No3 daughter had her eye on my old Scott road bike and after some stem shortening and tire changes her mind was made up = another 6.5kgs saving vs her old Raleigh. So with over 10kgs saved I figured I could use a little of that for Mrs Ridgeway's upgrade.

Lots of searching and I found the CUBE Cross Hybrid One that came in at 18kgs with the battery removed, the Kudos was 16kgs so only 2kgs more and the CUBE is a full size Bosch powered bike.

After adding some bar ends, a cage and bottle and a kickstand (ok more weight...) it really does seem like a good solution that covers our needs.

IMG_7076.jpg

IMG_7077.jpg

So far Mrs Ridgeway has covered about 100km with the bike and half with the woofers in tow and the bike coped with it really well even if it's only the 400w battery vs the larger 500w.

It seems a well made bike with good basic components, hopefully it will serve us well.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Cube make some nice bikes, the lower weight appeals I take with a 400w battery around 20.5kg. Our Scott's are around 24kg fine on the open road but a pain when pushing them around town.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Recently bought a pair of CUBE mountain bikes (e-bikes) and are really happy with them. We have the 500 batteries and have not managed to use all the power yet on any of our rides. Our longest ride was 80+km and I still had two segments left (out of five).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Recently bought a pair of CUBE mountain bikes (e-bikes) and are really happy with them. We have the 500 batteries and have not managed to use all the power yet on any of our rides. Our longest ride was 80+km and I still had two segments left (out of five).

That's encouraging, I guess the 500 has about 20-25% more range vs the 400 we have although so far it's only dropped 1 bar although we all know has quickly the others seem to go down.....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back