Life is Good (1 Viewer)

May 10, 2017
France
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years
My wife was completely new to caravanning (1990) but soon took to the idea and we now thoroughly enjoy setting off to explore the country we live in, France. At least we don't have all the hassle of crossing that bit of water.
My first camp was at age 11 many years ago and I have been camping in one way or another ever since. Inherited my father's caravan in 1983, sold it for peanuts and bought one or two more over the course of time. I somehow managed to turn the last one over in the middle of France in 2005 and decided a motorhome would be a much better option! That was a very good decision.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
IMG_0598.JPG
And welcome.

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
:hiya2::welcomesign:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Welcome, we also decided that being this side of the channel was the best option.

Paddyfrog

Free Member
Mar 25, 2017
France
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
Bienvenue and that makes plenty of us living in France, wanting to explore France.
I've simply got to get our decals on (will post pic once done) and then you'll recognise us when we pass!
Where will you head for first? Which region do you want to explore? Right now we are big into Lozère...... alligot, swimming in the Tarn, a landscape so varied, and they even have those wild daffodils called Assoanus (learned that from Monty Don, another Francophile)! I definitely want to see them in spring.

OP
OP
Migrateur
May 10, 2017
France
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years
Hello and thank you everyone for all the welcoming comments. In response to a few questions posed here are a few more details.
We live in Deux-Sevres (just); the border with Maine et Loire is about three kms away and Saumur and Angers are abour 45 minutes drive.
We have just got back from a trip down to Oradour-sur-Glane (I am so pleased that has been preserved), Albi, the Tarn Gorges, Millau Viaduct, and then over to Bourg (very good municipal site there).
I must change that avatar sometime!
Warm here today so need a drink soon!
Cheers

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Hello and thank you everyone for all the welcoming comments. In response to a few questions posed here are a few more details.
We live in Deux-Sevres (just); the border with Maine et Loire is about three kms away and Saumur and Angers are abour 45 minutes drive.
We have just got back from a trip down to Oradour-sur-Glane (I am so pleased that has been preserved), Albi, the Tarn Gorges, Millau Viaduct, and then over to Bourg (very good municipal site there).
I must change that avatar sometime!
Warm here today so need a drink soon!
Cheers
No need to change your avatar. Some people have their pets on.
Thanks for the info and we'll call in for a cuppa next week.
Only joking. It'll be next month.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back