LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I think its great that you are putting your own stamp on your new home, that's what it's all about you know it's what you want and it's looking good.
PS. Did the extra cushions in the lounge stay or go.

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
HI Ian flats looking well you must be chuffed and in a far better place I hope. I cant believe some people dont get that you do things your way I personally admire that.

Now some tips if I may ill go ahead anyhow as others like to badger you ;)
1 this site has an ignore button

2 while taking photos make sure your your not in your birthday suit you have a lot of reflective stuff in your flat.

3 He does mean well I think but you always have tip 1 to fall back on.
4 Turn your private message function back on i cant get hold of you but the suppliers web page for your bedroom make over you asked me for is www.sexdungeons/paddedcells/torturechambers.com use CODE
Promiseyouwontfeelathing for 20% discount

Look after yaself Fella

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I think its great that you are putting your own stamp on your new home, that's what it's all about you know it's what you want and it's looking good.
PS. Did the extra cushions in the lounge stay or go.

got em on the chair babe!!
image.jpg

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Right I’m off to kip in a bit,, but first the bedroom colours! Let’s see what my imagination can come up with tonight!! View attachment 360432
Your asking for a B####dy nightmare using those colours! Pink? I have been with you all the way so far, but Pink! is that your feminine side comin through?, if so keep hiding it mate :whistle2:
LES Nite, Nite(y):giggle:

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Your asking for a B####dy nightmare using those colours! Pink? I have been with you all the way so far, but Pink! is that your feminine side comin through?, if so keep hiding it mate :whistle2:
LES Nite, Nite(y):giggle:
Babe next door went with him to choose paint. ( you know the one He/She) ::bigsmile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Well good morning,,

hammering down here now,, good job I’m not working! Lololololol.

I’ve taken the lid off the grey paint,, and I’m ready to have a go!! Not sure what to do with the ‘Berry Smoothie’ yet, ( not pink!! ) lol
But sometimes when I’m working all these thoughts just come rushing in! The voices are telling me be careful, but I usually don’t listen to them,,, perhaps I should have in the past, their usually right, but I don’t listen! Lolol.

so, horrid out, but lovely in,,, chat later with an update! Xx. Have a lovely Sunday!! Xx

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Well good morning,,

hammering down here now,, good job I’m not working! Lololololol.

I’ve taken the lid off the grey paint,, and I’m ready to have a go!! Not sure what to do with the ‘Berry Smoothie’ yet, ( not pink!! ) lol
But sometimes when I’m working all these thoughts just come rushing in! The voices are telling me be careful, but I usually don’t listen to them,,, perhaps I should have in the past, their usually right, but I don’t listen! Lolol.

so, horrid out, but lovely in,,, chat later with an update! Xx. Have a lovely Sunday!! Xx
Horizontal broad stripes on main wall I say

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Go for it Ian.
If it turns out a nightmare just paint over it!
Simples!

that’s exactly what I’m going to do,,,

but I will experiment with a few patterns first!

there are obviously vertical and horizontal lines in my tartan curtains ( Black watch tartan) so I will have to be careful, but I want to have a go at something that looks a bit more random, first anyway!!

Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
Ian, how about having Quetta bond in the lounge and, say, Flemish bond (age?) in the bedroom. Then when a prospective client asks you about sample panels you can just show them the walls of your flat!
The flat is looking good. You appear be enjoying life under a tiled roof. I hope this chap stops messing you about with the work start date.
David.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Right update !!!

the pink is in the bin,,, not working for me at all !! Can’t put my finger on it,, but just painted over the lot in grey again,, bit too children’s bedroom for me! And the youngest person I want in there is about 45 !!

So,,,, I’m now going to do a random pattern with mauve, black, and green! Watch this space,,, I should have taken a pic really, of the pink, but I forgot,, now it’s grey again!

but it is a blank canvas! That pattern they posted would be great if I could do it! Lol

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
ianthebuilder does your tenancy allow you to paint walls?
Not sure about Ians agreement, but he is a good boy normally when it comes to being responsible:giggler: we allow our tenants to paint "pastel" colours should they wish, as it covers up the fag yellow they have caused, even though they signed saying they were "Non Smokers":smoke::smoke::banghead:
There is a flat above ours "Fully Managed" by letting agents, they had a "cat woman" staying apparently , she had 6/7 cats and smoked her head off, before the landlord discovered it, needless to say she has gone now, as she didn't like the rent increase the landlord imposed,at the time;).
The place was wrecked, thank God it wasn't ours, but we have had some major twits staying in ours over the years, none of them fully conform to any rental agreement T&C's, and there is usually a fight involving The TDS and them to get damages deducted from their deposits ( which is never enough to cover the costs)
Straight living, good Tenants are very difficult to find these days, Good ones the likes of Ian, would be a refreshing, heaven sent, miracle for any landlord.
So I say"Rock On Ian", you are doing a great job, if he holds back on the Berry Fruit, he may even get an entry in Ideal Home Magazine next month.(y):giggle:
LES

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
View attachment 360512Now I’m getting somewhere!!
Where to?, The Great Escape! Title of work suggestion is........Paroled at last.:whistle:
I love watching other people work....sometimes I pick up ideas, sometimes I dont:giggle:
Carry on mate its better than any 60 second makeover TV show(y)
LES

Last edited:

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
Not sure about Ians agreement, but he is a good boy normally when it comes to being responsible:giggler: we allow our tenants to paint "pastel" colours should they wish, as it covers up the fag yellow they have caused, even though they signed saying they were "Non Smokers":smoke::smoke::banghead:
There is a flat above ours "Fully Managed" by letting agents, they had a "cat woman" staying apparently , she had 6/7 cats and smoked her head off, before the landlord discovered it, needless to say she has gone now, as she didn't like the rent increase the landlord imposed,at the time;).
The place was wrecked, thank God it wasn't ours, but we have had some major twits staying in ours over the years, none of them fully conform to any rental agreement T&C's, and there is usually a fight involving The TDS and them to get damages deducted from their deposits ( which is never enough to cover the costs)
Straight living, good Tenants are very difficult to find these days, Good ones the likes of Ian, would be a refreshing, heaven sent, miracle for any landlord.
So I say"Rock On Ian", you are doing a great job, if he holds back on the Berry Fruit, he may even get an entry in Ideal Home Magazine next month.(y):giggle:
LES

We have a large rental portfolio, a handful of which are allowed other colours apart from maggy and white but only our decorators are allowed to carry out the work. These are either long standing tenants and/or family etc

We also let them have some input when it comes colours for carpets and blinds as and when they are changed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back