LIFE AFTER HELGA !!!! (1 Viewer)

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
I'm sorry I shouldn't have got involved again because we all know I am just going to get shot down for trying to help him, but he did ask.

You've got Ian's best interests at heart, sure he respects that.

Think Ian was at the back of the queue when God was handing out patience :LOL: he'll read/listen to what everyone says, then do his own thing. And almost certainly be ok (y)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
£3k to £5k will buy a van about 4 years old with high mileage. I would pick one with high motorway miles over anything that has done loads of local running around. Service history printout will show how reliable it is and how its been cared for by the previous owner

There are loads about all year long, so no need to compromise for a quick purchase. A clean van that's been used to deliver boxes daily wins against anything abused and neglected

you can of course lease a brand new van for about £500 a month, but at your point in your career, that is excessive

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Ian said he was going to have a look around some dealers not is it ok chaser to buy another van. ;) :rolleyes:
He actually said

van, Peugeot or similar , and a pickup, I will have to see what’s about! And I don’t want to increase my overhead by too much,, I might have to get a bit of finance but it will only be for a couple of grand,, hopefully!!

any advice??? Xxx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Well your all gonna be pissed off now !

I had a look round,,, went to about15 garages, all too much money, but the vans were a lot newer than my budget allowed,,, on my way back I googled a local area and up popped a van centre, notfive mins from my new hideout!!
Went in, had a look round,, saw a van I liked and I bought it! The geezer even gave me £250 for the skip I’m driving!! Bonus!

I pick up the new to me van on wed at 9 am, three months full warranty,, full service and a full years mot ! Cost £3750,, Before my old trade in,, no vat !! 99,000 miles and an ex fleet vehicle,, really tidy inside and out, 6 gears, diesel, two rear side doors, and I’m happy with what I bought,,, Iwont look like a beggar going round a customers house now!

FA3D1D61-CC41-47BE-8300-D4A91BDCE3B2.jpegAB93E28F-D8C6-414E-ACBE-04CD71F3F8CE.jpeg922E3B00-D2BC-4802-BDAB-9DB6AC2E7E28.jpeg

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
Looked like the advice he wanted was van or pickup. Mind was already made up he needed a reliable good looking van not let people down when your heap of crap breaks down.

Different story but the habitation charger has just gone caput on motorhome, so I phoned up a motorhome repair shop yesterday booked in for repair Thursday. Today I went over in car to make sure where his workshop was as van is over 8m to make sure I could get it in. He saw us arrive and went into his office to answer a phone call 15 minutes later he came out, no sorry to keep you waiting I then looked at the state of his workshop it was an absolute tip and filthy. He might be good but the the first impressions lost him my work. So first impressions do count.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

I had a look round,,, went to about15 garages, all too much money, but the vans were a lot newer than my budget allowed,,, on my way back I googled a local area and up popped a van centre, notfive mins from my new hideout!!
Went in, had a look round,, saw a van I liked and I bought it! The geezer even gave me £250 for the skip I’m driving!! Bonus!

I pick up the new to me van on wed at 9 am, three months full warranty,, full service and a full years mot ! Cost £3750,, Before my old trade in,, no vat !! 99,000 miles and an ex fleet vehicle,, really tidy inside and out, 6 gears, diesel, two rear side doors, and I’m happy with what I bought,,, Iwont look like a beggar going round a customers house now!

View attachment 356918View attachment 356919View attachment 356920
All you need now is a customer's house to go round to :unsure:

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Well, for what it’s worth it sounds like a good investment. It’s not cost the earth but looks tidy. I’m suspicious of folk turn up to a job in a really flash car/van because Icthink they must be fleecing their customers. But equally suspicious if the vehicle looks like a wreck ... you’ve hit the happy medium I’d say.

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010

View attachment 356918View attachment 356919View attachment 356920

Looks a nice clean van ianthebuilder but have you test driven it?
I had one of those vans and found the pedals to close together for my big size 12`s!

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
nice van, one of these

and you're sorted.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Looks a nice clean van ianthebuilder but have you test driven it?
I had one of those vans and found the pedals to close together for my big size 12`s!

I got size 8.5. It’s lovely for me! Lol

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Proberley silly giving advice to you but here goes. Put magnetic signs on van for building business. Put cards in all local shops etc. Get a FB page too. Also get a card in Windows small man and van pick up collections flat pack furniture assembly handy man services.
Also little van like that do small courier work for urgent parcels AOG work etc. Good for rainy days and makes a change.
We get loadsa people in vans like yours going around all over UK / Europe doing AOG work. And earning good money.

I am thinking of going down that route in a year or two especially if IKEA opens local.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
do some of your advertising! on fb you get work

I have to get a Facebook page organised soon bob,, I shall find someone who knows what he/ she is doing!

I think I know someone who pays £10/15 per month to someone who does it for them, updates weekly, adds pics etc and puts everything onFB, Instagram and all that stuff,,, but I can’t remember who it is? Def a member on here though!

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Nice van and handy size! (y)

Just the business.

And useful you haven't got the faff of disposing of the old van... :giggle: