LIFE AFTER HELGA !!!! (5 Viewers)

Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
The payment is to be based on the average of the last three years profit, so not good for you Ian.
This is also going to hit any self employed who have taken a lot of cash, and not put it through their books.

Jul 26, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
since 1999
No Grants are available to us Ian. You will be able to receive Universal Credit and a payout when it comes in june depending on 3 years earnings. My wife works so i am unable to claim universal credit so unsure how you go about claiming it!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016
Good evening,,,

I have a question ( again). In fact a couple!!

I believe I heard that HMRC will contact me, re financial help, that I might not get till June?
And if the do it alphabetically I’m screwed!!

or I can apply for universal credit, and get a payment within a couple of days?

Did I hear correctly, that I can apply for one of the smaller grants ???

I’m ok for maybe a month, but that gives me four/ five weeks to get something sorted!

WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD DO???

THIS IS NOT, NOT AN APPEAL!! IM FINE!! Lol
Maybe other self employed builders could comment on what their doing as well !!
Ian, you should have already started your claim, you've lost a week's pay already.
Please get on line and fill in the form.
You'll have Chaser after you ?
Phil

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
No Grants are available to us Ian. You will be able to receive Universal Credit and a payout when it comes in june depending on 3 years earnings. My wife works so i am unable to claim universal credit so unsure how you go about claiming it!

I am not going to claim it surf,,, I’m going to wait till hmrc contact me and I’m going to gratefully take what they give me!!

I believe in a month or so I may get a bit of work sorted and I’m fine till may even June,,

I now have overdraft facility, credit card, and loan possibilities, should I need it!

I can also defer my rent,, so I’m hoping I will be fine!! I’m sure there’s a few worse off than me!!

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Hang in there Ian Keep calm and sign on if ya can. Out of my immediate family Only Sarn and her Daughter and myself are Employed. The others are all self employed and because of the virus out of work for the for god knows how long. So thats 5 adults of which 3 im sure will come to us for loans glad they cant go out spending lol. Sarn and I are self isolating as shes poorly dont know how or where we stand but after losing everything many many years ago I learnt a hard lesson.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I got a problem people!
The screen on my aces laptop has moved to the right, so I can’t see my scroll bar on the side! How do I reduce page size so I can see it again? image.jpg

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Ian have you tried restarting if you can get to the menu?

I got a problem people!
The screen on my aces laptop has moved to the right, so I can’t see my scroll bar on the side! How do I reduce page size so I can see it again? View attachment 372108
managed to do this with my Iphone had to do a reset.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I got a problem people!
The screen on my aces laptop has moved to the right, so I can’t see my scroll bar on the side! How do I reduce page size so I can see it again? View attachment 372108
hold down the ctrl button and press the - button to decrease and + to increase

on all keyboards that is bottom left button for ctrl and next to zero for minus

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
hold down the ctrl button and press the - button to decrease and + to increase

on all keyboards that is bottom left button for ctrl and next to zero for minus

doesn’t work big1,,, all that does I’m increase, decrease the print size on the page,, I need to move the whole page to the left, or reduce!! Xx

Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
It’s a long time since I had a similar problem. Try moving the pointer to the right hand edge of the screen and it may change to a horizontal line with an arrow on each end. If you are using a mouse, click and hold down the left button and slide mouse towards the centre of the screen, this should/may drag the screen to the left. If not using a mouse, try holding down the ctrl button and if there is an arrow left button, press this.
Failing all this you could go into the settings, screen and resize.
I am no IT geek, so I may be talking a load of crap, but no harm in trying above.
David.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
It’s a long time since I had a similar problem. Try moving the pointer to the right hand edge of the screen and it may change to a horizontal line with an arrow on each end. If you are using a mouse, click and hold down the left button and slide mouse towards the centre of the screen, this should/may drag the screen to the left. If not using a mouse, try holding down the ctrl button and if there is an arrow left button, press this.
Failing all this you could go into the settings, screen and resize.
I am no IT geek, so I may be talking a load of crap, but no harm in trying above.
David.

move done that David but there’s no room to move the whole screen left!! It’s as though the whole page is slightly to the right, but won’t go left,, I can reduce up and down with that system but not left and right!!

im getting wound up with it now,, it may go out the window today!!

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
More seriously - click on the 3 dots top right then reduce the Zoom setting.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Morning,,,

An update,,, just had a right result!!!

got in touch with landlords,, housing association,, no rent to pay till June!!

phoned council tax,,, none to pay till June!!

that has cut my overhead down by £500 per month!!

overheads I can manage now are,,

phone, internet, services, ( water, gas elec etc) van ins, tax approx £200 per mth ,,,

I hope to get through till I either start work or June without any major panic!!

But I do need new trainers!! Lol.

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Hello Ian, have you fixed your screen problem?

If not, right click the top of the window, click 'move' then use the arrow keys to move the window.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Hello Ian, have you fixed your screen problem?

If not, right click the top of the window, click 'move' then use the arrow keys to move the window.

ok Phil,,, I click and then click on move,, I then get a four arrow square thing, icon but it doesn’t move the page over ?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Solution 1 – Change your resolution
According to users, if your screen shifts to the right, the issue might be somehow related to your display resolution. It’s possible that you’re using a resolution that is not fully supported by your monitor, and that is causing your screen to shift.

This can be an annoying problem, but you might be able to fix it simply by changing your display resolution. To do that, follow these steps:

1. Right-click your desktop and choose Display Settings from the menu.
    Computer screen shifted to the right
  2. When the Settings app opens, set the lower resolution. Your resolution will now change.
    Computer screen shifted sideways
  3. If the problem is resolved, click Keep changes button. If not, click Revert.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Solution 2 – Check your graphics card software
If your screen shifts to the right, the problem might be your graphics card software. Almost all graphics cards come with their dedicated software that allows you to configure your display settings such as resolution, scaling and position.

It’s possible that some of these settings are changed, and that is causing the error to appear. To fix the issue, you just need to do the following:

1. Open your graphics card software. That’s usually Nvidia Control Panel or Catalyst Control Panel.
  2. Once you open your graphics card software, go to the Display section > Adjust desktop size and position.
    Laptop screen shifted left
  3. Now go to the Position tab in the right pane. Now you’ll see a small box with four arrows. Click the left arrow until your display is properly centered. Now click Apply to save changes.
    Windows 10 screen off center
After doing that, the problem with your screen should be completely resolved and everything will start working again. Keep in mind that the steps might be a bit different if you’re using AMD or Intel’s graphics.

Solution 3 – Use Center image option
According to users, if your screen shifts to the right, the quickest way to fix it is to use Center Image option. To do that, just follow these steps:

1. Right-click your desktop.
  2. Now choose Graphics options >Panel fit > Center Image.
After doing that, your image will readjust and the problem will be resolved. We have to mention that this feature is related to your graphics card software, and you might not have it on your PC if you don’t have the proper drivers installed.

Solution 4 – Change your refresh rate
According to users, sometimes your screen shifts to the right due to your refresh rate. Apparently, this can happen if you’re using an unsupported refresh rate. To fix the problem, you just need to adjust the refresh rate by doing the following:

1. Open Display Settings as we showed you in Solution 1.
  2. Scroll down and click Advanced display settings.
    Computer screen shifted to the right
  3. Now click Display adapter properties for Display 1.
    Computer screen shifted sideways
  4. A new window will now appear. Go to the Monitor tab and set Screen refresh rate to the desired value. After doing that, click Apply and OK to save changes.
    Laptop screen shifted left
Keep in mind that you might have to experiment with different values until you find the one that works for you. Several users reported that the problem was resolved after switching to the 59Hz resolution, so you might want to try that.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
right click on the desktop, not in google chrome DOH!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back