ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I only had four inspections on my two story extension.

Footings, trench fill, damp and final ??

They know who can be trusted and who can’t ?

normally four for me foxy,, trench, oversite, roof and completion! But the bloke I’m working for ain’t a builder, anda couple of the lads told me he’s always arguing with them!

he was a greengrocer five years ago!! So he must know better than a building inspector, mustn’t he! Lolol

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Good morning,,, well you probably won’t believe this, but I’m going to tell you anyway!!

I’m not a believer and I’m not prone to being paranoid, but I was on the phone last night, leaning on my worktop, with my back to the living room area, tv, etc,,,, I was talking and all of a sudden I caught a shadow out of the corner of my eye,,a black shadow and I felt a really weird sensation of someone standing then walking next to me!! It took my breath away!! I really felt something, I know someone was there!! I have no idea who, or what they were, but they were there nonetheless!!

itdidnt worry, or frighten me, I didn’t feel at all threatened, I just know someone was next to me!! Anyway I went to bed!!

about an hour ago, I was fast asleep in bed,, and I’m telling you now,, something stroked my forehead, backwards and forwards for a few seconds!!! I shot up, turned the light on, and nothing!!! Again, I didn’t feel threatened at all, but it was/ is a bit disconcerting!!

now I’m hoping that it’s my old mum,, and thinking that I did have a chat with them,, but no sign or no reply,,,

on a couple of occasions now, I’ve had a strange feeling that I’m not the only one here, but it’s not bothered me one bit!!

I wonder if my mum, dad, or nan, is watching over me! Lolol. Well, that’s it really,, it is weird though!!

if I still knew a certain funster who was/ is very in tune with this sort of thing, I’d have asked for a visit , just to see !!

what a start to my week!! Xxxx

I’ve just had a thought!
I hope it weren’t that grim reaper bloke!!!
I make no secret of what I am or believe, proud to be a Spiritualist. Sadly I can't travel for the foreseeable Ian lol

If I could we could have a good chat with your visitor. My feeling is that they are only letting you know that they are there for you. No malice shown, only care. At an educated guess, I would say it is your mum, visiting you because you have been worrying.

Try sitting in dim light and silence for a while and think of your mum. If you have any spiritual psychic ability, then mum will come to you. Listen to the silence and you may hear her whisper to you

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
Good morning,,, well you probably won’t believe this, but I’m going to tell you anyway!!

I’m not a believer and I’m not prone to being paranoid, but I was on the phone last night, leaning on my worktop, with my back to the living room area, tv, etc,,,, I was talking and all of a sudden I caught a shadow out of the corner of my eye,,a black shadow and I felt a really weird sensation of someone standing then walking next to me!! It took my breath away!! I really felt something, I know someone was there!! I have no idea who, or what they were, but they were there nonetheless!!

itdidnt worry, or frighten me, I didn’t feel at all threatened, I just know someone was next to me!! Anyway I went to bed!!

about an hour ago, I was fast asleep in bed,, and I’m telling you now,, something stroked my forehead, backwards and forwards for a few seconds!!! I shot up, turned the light on, and nothing!!! Again, I didn’t feel threatened at all, but it was/ is a bit disconcerting!!

now I’m hoping that it’s my old mum,, and thinking that I did have a chat with them,, but no sign or no reply,,,

on a couple of occasions now, I’ve had a strange feeling that I’m not the only one here, but it’s not bothered me one bit!!

I wonder if my mum, dad, or nan, is watching over me! Lolol. Well, that’s it really,, it is weird though!!

if I still knew a certain funster who was/ is very in tune with this sort of thing, I’d have asked for a visit , just to see !!

what a start to my week!! Xxxx

I’ve just had a thought!
I hope it weren’t that grim reaper bloke!!!

Is your Carbon Monoxide alarm working?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 10, 2009
Bishop's Stortford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Since 2011
ianthebuilder and TheBig1 I don’t believe in anything relating to spiritualism... but I don’t not believe in it either... if you see what I mean. I suppose I am a hopeful sceptic.
Too many things are experienced for me to believe that nothing exists but the material world, but I am not religious. I am probably not the only funster with conflicting feelings.

However I do believe that Ian experienced exactly what he described and I don’t have a scientific explanation for it, but that doesn’t make me think there might not be one.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
ianthebuilder and TheBig1 I don’t believe in anything relating to spiritualism... but I don’t not believe in it either... if you see what I mean. I suppose I am a hopeful sceptic.
Too many things are experienced for me to believe that nothing exists but the material world, but I am not religious. I am probably not the only funster with conflicting feelings.

However I do believe that Ian experienced exactly what he described and I don’t have a scientific explanation for it, but that doesn’t make me think there might not be one.

that was spooky conal,, you posted once and then it was posted again!! Who did that? Spoooooky!! Lol

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Our last house was a 300 year old cottage and when we first moved in Kate put various ornaments and things around the cottage.
Various items mysteriously got moved and she would return them to their original place only for them to be moved again. Spooky!
Eventually she just left them where they had been moved to and whoever/whatever had moved them seemed happy and nothing moved again.
There is much that we don’t understand.

Richard.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None

Good news, fingers crossed.

well if it’s done on last years earnings,, I’m screwed! Lol. But something is better than nothing and if the lads get that, it’s a good result for them! I think , so far, the financial package is excellent!! Go on Boris!!

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Ok,, something has puzzled me through this crisis!
I may be wrong, I usually am,,, but I’m wondering why they don’t identify the people that have passed away with this,,,
Msurely a photo and a name would drum the message home harder to all those who don’t listen?? Is there a reason they don’t???

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Regarding the universal credit thing, I am currently in the middle of doing it and it can be a bit of a faff to get it going. You need to register on the government site first and fill in all kinds of details like savings and if you have been out the country in last 2 years etc.

Once you have done that you need to use a form of checking your identity. Various ways of doing this but I chose to do it through the post office where, again, you need you register and upload documents etc.

If you are bad with tech I'd advise someone helping and as it is so busy with others trying to do the same the upload takes a while. I am in a queue and says my passport upload will take about 3 hours to complete so be patient.

Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016
Regarding the universal credit thing, I am currently in the middle of doing it and it can be a bit of a faff to get it going. You need to register on the government site first and fill in all kinds of details like savings and if you have been out the country in last 2 years etc.

Once you have done that you need to use a form of checking your identity. Various ways of doing this but I chose to do it through the post office where, again, you need you register and upload documents etc.

If you are bad with tech I'd advise someone helping and as it is so busy with others trying to do the same the upload takes a while. I am in a queue and says my passport upload will take about 3 hours to complete so be patient.
Maybe I should lend you my Granddaughter.
On second thoughts, Boris says she has to stop at home. Sorry.
Phil

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Well,,, can anyone clarify my position?

we can travel for work,, if it’s a must?
Are builders merchants going to close?
Will building inspectors be working, concrete supplies? I don’t quite know where I stand?? Anyone??

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
I’m hoping my main two contractors will be going in to finish my current project, even if they go in one at a time or work in different areas.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Right, this how it works: set up an EC account online.

you will get an appointment to go in for an interview.

They might ask you if you need an advance on you benefits.

You'll then get another appointment to see a (don't know job title), let's call it your manager. he/she will ask you what you normally do for a living, when you've told them you know nothing apart from laying bricks they'll say what if there are no bricklaying jobs about, what else would you do Ian?..... have you ever thought of becoming an Avon Representative, or similar fecking nonsense, to which you will agree because you want the money of the snooty barsteward.

Anyway, you will then visit the job centre once a week for the next 13 weeks because you've nowt better to do with your time, after this probation period you are free to go to the pub at 11 o'clock every Monday morning with your ill gotten gains, don't forget to get some baccy out the change!

All the while you will fill in you EC account with each and every job you have applied for to prove you are Actively seeking employment, all for what seems like a miserly pittance considering how much you've paid in over the years.

You will also get your rent and council tax paid, which ain't bad to be fair.

There is more to it but that gives you the general jist of the idea.

Hope this helps

Best regards.

Eggs.

Apart from there are no appointments now.
I chose to do it through the post office where, again, you need you register and upload documents etc.
There0s 27,000 on fromt of my wife.
I am in a queue and says my passport upload will take about 3 hours to complete so be patient.
It has been saying ¡pver an hour wait' since 4,30pm
23,572 at the moment

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I may be wrong, I usually am,,, but I’m wondering why they don’t identify the people that have passed away with this,,,
Msurely a photo and a name would drum the message home harder to all those who don’t listen?? Is there a reason they don’t???
Not easy to persuade the relatives maybe?

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Probably their relatives would not like it. BUSBY.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Good morning,,,

I’m going into work this morning, at 8 to have a chat with the boss,, just so he can make some calls about delivery of materials etc,, if he can’t get any I shall be home by 10 and on lockdown! It would be lovely to be able to work, but I fear the worst!! I shall keep you updated later! Xxxxx

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
where did you read that chas? Building inspectors working? Merchants open? Concrete delivery? Tell me so I can have a look will you,,,
BC5818F2-8C15-4BF1-A6FD-FADCF755906F.png

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Apart from minor works there can't be many jobs a builder can do alone.....and have you seen the portaloos on sites....:moon2:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Travis Perkins is closing ...

Join us or log in to post a reply.