liesure battery wired with a difference? (1 Viewer)

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
I have just fitted a second leisure battery but just to be different:Eeek: thought I would do it my way. Replaced the good van battery and used the old one as second leisure battery wired thus......both neutrals together and lives wired to a marine battery switch which gives the option of using batt 1 batt 2 or both. Also wire individual mini cheapo voltmeters to each battery for individual monitoring.
My thinking is if van battery fails I have a spare and when and if leisure battery gets low if off ehu I have the back up 2nd battery:thumb: also if I get a battery go down it wont drag the other down and can simply carry on using other battery.......... cannot see a downside...............can you?

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
If you have a high charge in one battery and low charge in the other and you then connect them together there may well be a large amount of current flow. Presumably your wires can take it ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
mick noe

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
If you have a high charge in one battery and low charge in the other and you then connect them together there may well be a large amount of current flow. Presumably your wires can take it ?

Yes I have heavy multistrand battery cables But as voltmeters monitor batteries individually will know the state of charge and avoid that. thanks for the warning though:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back