lidl toilet biological gel (1 Viewer)

Nov 6, 2016
pembrokshire
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 1990
hi is formil biological gel the stuff to use instead of blue in toilet as its on special now for 99p we have always used blue thanks for any help

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
hi is formil biological gel the stuff to use instead of blue in toilet as its on special now for 99p we have always used blue thanks for any help
We use Aldies think it's the same ( washing tabs.)

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now

Not sure how thick the "gel" is but nothing I have tried - and tried lots of different thing through 12 years of narrowboating as well as now with the motorhome - comes anywhere near the effectiveness of proper Elsan Blue in the correct dose.

I will now await the flack from those who wouldn't dream of using Elsan Blue.

Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RitaG

Free Member
Jan 26, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Kon-Tiki 635
Exp
Haven't tried it in our cassette but always wash ours out at home with the Aldi Formil Bio, giving it a soak for a while before putting the van back in storage so that we have a lovely clean cassette each time we go out.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So am I right in saying this is washing tabs ie for clothes washing?

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Is it bio or non-bio for septic tanks? - I can never remember which way round...

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I will now await the flack from those who wouldn't dream of using Elsan Blue.

I wouldn't dream of using Elsan Blue.

Nasty, expensive stuff.

I use nature (nothing at all).

Efficient, environmentally friendly and free.

JJ :cool:

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Haven't tried it in our cassette but always wash ours out at home with the Aldi Formil Bio, giving it a soak for a while before putting the van back in storage so that we have a lovely clean cassette each time we go out.
Hi.
I was told this,when the "Green" loo stuff came out.Don't shoot the messenger!
We found that the Green loo stuff did not work as well as the Blue,but a chap who seemed to know his way about chemicals told us ,that the Blue that had been in the cassette (not at the same time)would react for a few cycles until it had been purged.
So just wondering,if after your rinse with A/F/Bio,the Blue may be affected for a while. This is just what i was told,we stopped using the Green in the loo,but while it lasted,used it to freshen up the waste tanks.
Tea Bag

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
Thank you SnF, I now have to think of a way to remember that. Note to self: Bio has hungry little bugs swimming around in it.
After trialing tabs, gel tabs & the crumbly ones we ended up using the liquid that can be measure using a cap.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Is it bio or non-bio for septic tanks? - I can never remember which way round...
We have a septic tank and use bio in the washing machine and we haven't had any problem - we know it's working well as it let's us know if it isn't - with a powerful whiff as when the air compressor stopped working once.
I think unless you were running a professional laundry you won't have problems. The stuff is very well diluted and I expect the enzymes get used up during the washing cycle.
But we have a SOG in the van and so we use bio but I don't think we would if we didn't have a SOG. When I've disconnected the SOG to drive the vehicle with a full cassette the smell which emerges in the toilet compartment if the slide is opened isn't something we could live with for long. Folk who can must be smokers! :)

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
The wife decided to use non bio in ours so I was surprised to find grunge in it when opened. Coke, vinegar, manufacturer's toilet cleaner - nothing shifted the grot. Checked what she was using. New one as clean as a whistle with Bio.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Couldn't decide whethe to use toilet fluid or clothes wash so use a bit of both.......works for us

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Likewise. But I fill mine with bio and water and leave it upside down which cleans the mechanism, and checks the seals:D

Malcolm

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Did not like the smell of blue. But the bio not much better.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
We use nothing in our toilet apart from bio tabs
We only poo in our one pee gose in a buket or the boys go outside
With three of us in the van we can get a week now
It dose wift a bit when we emtay it but hay ho it's camping
Bill

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
As @JJ , we use nothing. Sealed system, with a vent up on the roof. If I come in with a full black tank, there will be 35gal on board and the ping from the grey tank is always much worse than the black, when I dump. ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back