Attachments

• IMG_1496.JPG
    IMG_1496.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 617

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Is that in the UK, and do we presume or know that its overnight?

Martin
Pretty sure it's not the UK, judging by the background. Lidl introduced these in the Iberian stores, and I know a few of them. In Portugal they are overnight, and at some, up to 72 hours!

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Lets hope they start that in the UK soon once one starts they will all follow and it would be typical of one of the newer supermarkets to look at things a different way.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Lets hope they start that in the UK soon once one starts they will all follow and it would be typical of one of the newer supermarkets to look at things a different way.
Tesco did this years ago , thenchanged a bit but you can still park on Tesco uttoxeter

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Nothing like the ones in France free overnight parking and service points also washing machines /dryers in the car parks.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Nothing like the ones in France free overnight parking and service points also washing machines /dryers in the car parks.
Yeah I know that, just saying about here:(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
The lidls I know in U.K. Clamp you for being over two hours:(
One hour in Farnham, and you have to type in your reg no when you pay. Consequently nobody shops there anymore, it's too complicated, all the locals go to Sainsburys where you buy a ticket for 60p and put it in your window, Still I'm sure there's a commercially viable argument for destroying a successful business! :D

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
One hour in Farnham, and you have to type in your reg no when you pay. Consequently nobody shops there anymore, it's too complicated, all the locals go to Sainsburys where you buy a ticket for 60p and put it in your window, Still I'm sure there's a commercially viable argument for destroying a successful business! :D

Yes, it's sometimes called "progress" like when Maggie nationalised British Gas and called that progress !!

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!

I very much doubt if that will happen here, for one thing most of the car parks aren't big enough for the cars let alone Motorhomes:confused:

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
I'm guessing the photo is from the Vila do Bispo store or as it's now known around here, the Vila Do Bispo airport terminal due to all the smoked glass frontage.

I've stayed there a couple of times when I have an early appointment in VDP or, on occasion to get out of the wind!

And in the morning, it's only 50 metres to hot croissants!

OP
OP
colyboy
Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
The photograph was taken at Portimao Portugal. We found another at Vila do Bispo Portugal,we stayed overnight in this one (after asking). As it states Lidl welcomes motorhomes BUT I not sure if you allowed to stay overnight. As I stated above ask first.

The areas are marked out with blue lines and I should think about 10metres.

Colyboy

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Nearly every Lidl we visited in Portugal this winter ( it might have been EVERY one) had a place specifically set apart for 'Caravanas' which, of course includes Motorhomes. Invariably there was a drain to drop the GREY water.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Pretty sure it's not the UK, judging by the background. Lidl introduced these in the Iberian stores, and I know a few of them. In Portugal they are overnight, and at some, up to 72 hours!
Nah it's not in ningland nor will it ever be..... :ROFLMAO:

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
The problem with the car park at the Lidl in Farnham was that the users of the sport centre across the road filled it up and didn't use Lidl for shopping.
Don't even get me started, apparently if you are going to the sports centre, you don't need to join the traffic jam, you can join the wrong lane, and then carve across. GRRRR! (local rant!)
Too many "entitled" people in Farnham by far!

Len Amey

Free Member
Jan 19, 2015
Hants
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012

I couldn't agree more, that is a really complicated system, what a fag, i.e.:- Park, pay a £1 for the trolly (returnable), shop, scan receipt bar code on the way out & enter reg number, pack shopping, return trolly, leave, having paid nothing for parking!

I'd much rather:- cruise round huge busy car park for 5 mins looking for a space, get out & move the trolly that some lazy sod couldn't be bothered to return to a trolly park, park, walk to the other side of the car park to get a ticket because the nearest machine is out of order, find you don't have the right change so have to wait until somebody turns up who has, find that the machine won't accept the only 50 pence piece you have on you, wait for somebody to change it for you, get your ticket, walk back to the car, put it on your dashboard, go shopping, come back to car to find that another lazy sod hasn't returned their trolly & it has run downhill & scraped down the side of your car, throw the shopping in the boot in temper because you are really pissed off about the scratches, return yours & their trolly to the trolly park, drive home in a fit of rage having paid twice as much for your shopping!
Wait 3 weeks for the parking notice to drop on the mat because A) You overstayed the 1 hr you put on the ticket or B) The ticket blew off the dashboard when you shut the door & the attendant reported you for not displaying a valid ticket & then either A) Spend the next 3 weeks trying to get the parking company/Sainsbury's to cancel the parking notice because luckily the ticket was still under the seat, or B) Pay the charge because your wife cleaned the car the day before and threw the ticket away.

I know what i'd rather do, & by the way, as for the locals deserting the place, went there the middle of last week & it was heaving.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back