Lidl Bio for the toilet - have I got the wrong thing? (1 Viewer)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
After all the recommendations I have read in this forum about using Lidl's Bio tablets in the cassette rather than the usual blue and green stuff I pushed the boat out and bought some yesterday. When I got them home I noticed they were liquid capsules rather than a solid tablet. They are definitely "Biological" but do you use those. I could not see any others Bio products in tablet form, although they did have some which they sad were "non-bio".

So have I got the rights ones? Will these work?

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
Self dissolving squashy things are the one we use. I put a litre or so of water in the cassette when after emptying and flushing it. Then drop the "tablet" thingie down the loo.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Liquid is better I think - but don't get them wet before you need them as the outer covering of the capsule will melt. Done that, handling them with wet hands. A straight bio liquid in a bottle is perhaps easiest to use and takes up less space for same volume of "stuff".

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I originally bought litre bottles of supermarket cheap stuff like Smartprice. Then I bought a big bottle of Lidl Formil bio washing liquid and pour it into the smaller bottles for taking with us. Cheaper that way.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I also use cheapie bio liquid, Formil, Daisy, Tesco Value - all do the same job. I find the bottle is best, as can do the occasional bit of hand washing too.

I guess capsules are the same, just in little packets :)

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
After all the recommendations I have read in this forum about using Lidl's Bio tablets in the cassette rather than the usual blue and green stuff I pushed the boat out and bought some yesterday. When I got them home I noticed they were liquid capsules rather than a solid tablet. They are definitely "Biological" but do you use those. I could not see any others Bio products in tablet form, although they did have some which they sad were "non-bio".

So have I got the rights ones? Will these work?

yes they will work -just drop one in with some water in an empty cassette-through the bowl.
I found that at the half way stage if we couldn't empty to drop another in.
The capsule just dissolves in the cassette

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I have been using Lidl's liquid for the last couple of years but now I've sold my van and I'm getting a new one and I noticed I have a SOG vented to roof and as I understand it there is no requirement for this additive;

......your advice please you knowledgeable bunch of fun loving motorhomers.

Did you see how I cleaned that up there.......

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
The capsules will work fine. I use Sainsburys cheapest powder. 1/2 cup measure in cassette. When you empty it just a faint odour of washing powder!

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Thanks PPJ, I've just looked at scotjimland's SOG thread from last November and most of it has been covered there.

So, just need one of these for the upcoming funster meets.....

Broken Link Removed

Apr 17, 2010
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
17yrs
Keep them in the original container - I took a handful out and placed them in a container in the van and I think it was the heat but they all melted away to mush.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back