LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi all I have got the jist of it, but what happens if you live inside it ?By that I mean do you get a free permit or do you have to pay the daily charge or swap your vehicle for one that is free of charge ? just curious :Smile:
terry

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
in a word NO

Hi all I have got the jist of it, but what happens if you live inside it ?By that I mean do you get a free permit or do you have to pay the daily charge or swap your vehicle for one that is free of charge ? just curious :Smile:
terry

In a word.. NO .. no freebee's .. you have to pay if you move it in or out of the zone if it does not comply

Bob

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Do i get a free permit:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:Answer is no we had to buy a particulate filter costing £3000:cry:in order to comply.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Terry, we live just inside the L.E.Z. fortunately our motorhome is at present compliant. There is no exemption for London residents. If it was not compliant we would have to pay the daily charge (£100), change the vehicle for one that is compliant or have it modified by having a particulate filter fitted, The cost of a particulate filter has been quoted as costing between £1500 - £3000. The other option is to find storage facilities outside of the zone.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Thanks for the reply s :thumb: I take it everyone drives a compliant car etc then :Sad:Not that I have any intention of visiting the place ::bigsmile: I did my stint for 5 yrs about 30 yrs ago :Doh: hated it then and has remained so :Smile:
terry

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
been down this route before Terry

We have often debated this subject before.. got heated a few times as well.

Is it fair, why do I have to comply, why do I have to pay.. black cabs leave more mess than me... all the arguments have been aired many a time.

As I have said more than once in a post is that plenty of notice was given that it was being introduced.

Bound to start another world war:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
::bigsmile: Don't want to start a war Bob I understood the charge bit but never realised that if you live in the dump you have to pay :winky: Hence my question :Smile: thanks again for clearing it up
terry

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Terry you do not have to start one ..it happens

::bigsmile: Don't want to start a war Bob I understood the charge bit but never realised that if you live in the dump you have to pay :winky: Hence my question :Smile: thanks again for clearing it up
terry

Would not worry Terry, do not have to start one.. it just happens .. like a red flag to a bull or a toad to me:Blush:

Just happens... but I like a good debate... not the whinging:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: .. but a real debate on the merits one way or the other.

I used to be in the Uni debating society .. I have had to debate for and against every subject.. many I did not even believe in... I can debate the world is flat if you like:cry:

Bob

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
terry
My brother lives only a mile inside the zone, he had to change his van, even though he only ever wanted to drive from his own drive straight out of the zone. It would have cost him a couple of hundred pounds each time he left his home or returned. A no briner so he change the van.:cry:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Would not worry Terry, do not have to start one.. it just happens .. like a red flag to a bull or a toad to me:Blush:

Just happens... but I like a good debate... not the whinging:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: .. but a real debate on the merits one way or the other.

I used to be in the Uni debating society .. I have had to debate for and against every subject.. many I did not even believe in... I can debate the world is flat if you like:cry:

Bob

You mean it isn't :Eeek::Doh:::bigsmile:
terry

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I feel sorry for those who spent up buying a van a few years ago, now only to be faced with an horendous bill to comply. not right and not fair. many just cannot afford to do so no matter how much notice was given when you live hand to mouth there is no leeway to replace a van or find £3000 for a particulate filter. That has to be wrong in anyone's book. Extend airports thats fine apparently, each one produces more greenhouse gas in one week than all the cars in Britain during a whole year. Thats what happens when muppets take control of the theatre.

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011

I used to be in the Uni debating society .. I have had to debate for and against every subject.. many I did not even believe in... [HI]I can debate the world is flat if you like[/HI]:cry:

Bob

Don't be so daft...we all know its smartie shaped :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back