LEZ London and other area’s (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I don't think anyone can say that we don't need a LEZ, no body wants to live in a smog filled environment (I live just inside as well), however whilst larger motorhomes may be heavy polluters on a per mile basis, on an annual basis they are probably one of the least polluting, so should be exempt from the latest changes in my humble opinion.

I would take my MH out and in maybe twice a year - how polluting is that?

Unfortunately I cannot get a Parking Permitt for my road where I own a house as the MH is >2.5m length.

'Englishman's home is his castle' - not now.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
i contacted the LEZ people and asked about my 2016 Fiat Ducato MH plated at 3850 they said it is ok for all areas but re check in October for more details as it may change ...

OP
OP
ivorantony
Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
I don't think anyone can say that we don't need a LEZ, no body wants to live in a smog filled environment (I live just inside as well), however whilst larger motorhomes may be heavy polluters on a per mile basis, on an annual basis they are probably one of the least polluting, so should be exempt from the latest changes in my humble opinion.

Totally agree, we have had our motorhome for 10 years and I made sure it met all the emission requirements in force at the time of purchase,
But now with moving the goalposts I’m going to be penalised, Blackcabs have been exempted because there Union protested the changes,
But me as a individual and many more like me just have to suck it up, I am not against improving our air quality but I have no intention of driving in London or even Greater London (absolutely no fun at all). so my 500 yds drive into Kent could land me a hefty fine, or give Khan £100 for the privilege,
On top of that my current car and classic Land Rover will also not meet the requirements in 2021 :devil:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
Domestic boilers within the LEZ contribute 20%of the CO2 . Same as all the vehicle traffic. Why has he not banned them also ?
because he dont know where they are or he would

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
Domestic boilers within the LEZ contribute 20%of the CO2 . Same as all the vehicle traffic. Why has he not banned them also ?
Probably because this legislation, which was originally introduced by Boris when he was mayor, is not looking to reduce CO2, it's NO2 its targeting.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Probably because this legislation, which was originally introduced by Boris when he was mayor, is not looking to reduce CO2, it's NO2 its targeting.

The LEZ was introduced be Ken Livingstone not Boris Johnson, Boris managed to put off the changes required for vans from 2010 to 2012. It is true that plans for the ULEZ (which we are not discussing on this thread) were under consideration from 2014 under Boris due to pressure from the EU, but it was Khan who introduced them in April 2019.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back