LEZ London and other area’s (1 Viewer)

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Perhaps of interest to Motorhome owners living in the old London GLC area as they will be bringing in
The new LEZ to cover that area from October this year,
If like us you have uprated your Motorhome to give you a bigger load allowance, In our case 3500kg to 3900kg you are now classified as a HGV and unless you are Euro6 or better you will be expected to pay a £100 a day to travel in the LEZ,

I will have to reduce my MAUW weight to 3500 to avoid these charges so will have to travel light from now on,
Bureaucracy gone mad in my opinion as I live just 50 yds into the old GLC area and of course any pollution I produced
Will not be a problem at 3500kg but will at 3900kg,
As my motorhome stands idle for long periods but then goes travelling for weeks at a time I consider my Euro4 compliant engine
To be a much less a pollutant than a HGV doing stop/ Start deliveries ,
Sorry rant over :cautious:

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
The Idiot Khan is on record saying that polluttion from vehicles is killing people.. I think 'thousands' was his esimate.

So his answer is, pay me some money and you can carry on killing people..

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
It also means that journeys may be a lot further as some vehicles will now travel from just outside the north circular to the m25 and around greater london when it is much shorter distance through London, so creating pollution.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
It also means that journeys may be a lot further as some vehicles will now travel from just outside the north circular to the m25 and around greater london when it is much shorter distance through London, so creating pollution.
But it will not be on Khan's patch or watch, so job done.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
The Idiot Khan is on record saying that polluttion from vehicles is killing people.. I think 'thousands' was his esimate.

Guess it would have dented his coffers too much to try the system of "odd numberplates one day, even numberplates the next" Then you arrange your journey to suit your no pay day, but if you ventured out on the wrong day you pay a lot of money for the privilege. But the actual amount of traffic on the roads would be more or less halved each day. Yes, I know some people would have two cars, but many would find ways to car share or use public transport etc.

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
As the owner of a tax exempt vehicle I know why you're screaming I would be if I lived down there, I could drive there without cost, but would I want to -

The UK seems to be out to extract as much money from people as possible, compared to France and Germany

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Another reason for never going, not that I needed one. Sucks if you live there.

OP
OP
ivorantony
Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Another reason for never going, not that I needed one. Sucks if you live there.

actually I’m right on the Kent boarder but just in enough to have to pay, unfortunately the small lanes around here make it difficult for a motorhome without using the main road, And that has a ANPR camera,
I will downplate her and take a hit on what I carry,

tuscancouple

Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2007

Not really is it, it's to discourage folks from going in the zone with high polluting vehicles. I certainly would not want to live there! ? Guess if £100 a day doesn't discourage enough people they'll put the charge up, would £500/day work? :giggle:

Mick

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Perhaps of interest to Motorhome owners living in the old London GLC area as they will be bringing in
If like us you have uprated your Motorhome to give you a bigger load allowance, In our case 3500kg to 3900kg you are now classified as a HGV and unless you are Euro6 or better you will be expected to pay a £100 a day to travel in the LEZ,

I will have to reduce my MAUW weight to 3500 to avoid these charges so will have to travel light from now on,
Bureaucracy gone mad in my opinion as I live just 50 yds into the old GLC area and of course any pollution I produced
As my motorhome stands idle for long periods but then goes travelling for weeks at a time I consider my Euro4 compliant engine
assuming you van is diesel ive got some bad news and good news .bad news it has to be euro 6 even at 3500kg good news its october 2021 it starts
The situation your describing above already applies with the lez over 3500

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We went to a campsite within the original LEZ last year. I have asthma and was amazed at how clean the air seemed compared to the journey there round the M25.
If this is how London is going to be like in the future, I'm all for it.
However, I can understand the frustration of people who are now included in the enlarged zone. If the councils were serious about keeping down pollution and working for the people, I think they should buy new compliant vehicles for everyone affected by the new rules.....:giggle:

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984

Have you registered for the congestion charge, as a resident? It should give you longer to comply

Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
assuming you van is diesel ive got some bad news and good news .bad news it has to be euro 6 even at 3500kg good news its october 2021 it starts
The situation your describing above already applies with the lez over 3500

What about vehicles that were already deemed compliant e.g. Euro 3 up to 3500kg are they going to be non-compliant?

I have a house in the ols LEZ.

Geoff

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
everything has to be euro 6 if its diesel including cars, its a tax on the poor anyone who has a company vehicle or the means to upgrade every 3 years its not a problem its those who currently run cars over 6 years old who will have to pay good news is mister kanh is going to give me 3k towards a new electric van all i have to do is find the other 57k(i didnt give 3k for my van ive got now 55 plate)

Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
Our transit tdi is euro 5 and we use Abbey Wood campsite fairly regulary,its under 3500 so do I take it that we can still go there this year and next?I will worry about 2022 when it comes!

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
There should be a legal challenge to this. The use of retrospective legislation runs counter to traditional way of implementing new Law. Sadly "Citizen" Kahn, is the usual political cretin who somehow believes "his" way is good for every one. Glad I don`t live anywhere near the stinking poo hole. The worst thing about the M25 is the fact that it has on ramps with access from "his" Fiefdom, oversight of the part of the designers!.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Our transit tdi is euro 5 and we use Abbey Wood campsite fairly regulary,its under 3500 so do I take it that we can still go there this year and next?I will worry about 2022 when it comes!
My reading of new regs is that they only apply to over 3500
BROKEN LINK

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I think some of the obscuring lacquer on the number plates might just work. either that or plates the 'fall off' or get nicked when you need them to. How about a bright infrared LED in the centre of the plate to dazzlw the cameras. trouble is there are only so many X Y or Z motorhomes on the road m and they would love a FRAUD case to boost the coffers.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Not really is it, it's to discourage folks from going in the zone with high polluting vehicles. I certainly would not want to live there! ? Guess if £100 a day doesn't discourage enough people they'll put the charge up, would £500/day work? :giggle:

Mick
No. Those who can claim it back on tax as anaexpense just pay less tax.
What about vehicles that were already deemed compliant e.g. Euro 3 up to 3500kg are they going to be non-compliant?

I have a house in the ols LEZ.

Geoff
Yes. I argued that during his " consulatation "process .No one showed any interest until just before the Ulez came in then they all started moaning that they had to pay 12,50/day just living their.

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Domestic boilers within the LEZ contribute 20%of the CO2 . Same as all the vehicle traffic. Why has he not banned them also ?

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
It seems people have forgotten who originally proposed this?

Off course it might just be that they enjoy venting their spleen over folk called Kahn? ;)

Last edited:

romany

Free Member
Jul 3, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax aurura xl
Exp
since 2014 camping since1968
Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Yes. I argued that during his " consulatation "process .No one showed any interest until just before the Ulez came in then they all started moaning that they had to pay 12,50/day just living their.

Gus, my house is in the outer LEZ not the ULEZ.

Those in the ULEZ have to comply or pay the LEZ £100p.d. PLUS the ULEZ £12.50

Geoff

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
I don't think anyone can say that we don't need a LEZ, no body wants to live in a smog filled environment (I live just inside as well), however whilst larger motorhomes may be heavy polluters on a per mile basis, on an annual basis they are probably one of the least polluting, so should be exempt from the latest changes in my humble opinion.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back