LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
I wonder if anyone could advise me. My van is a Hobby T550 and when parked level on my drive rainwater stands on the roof where the front "bulge" joins the flat roof, it wont drain off when level. As there is a seem at this point I was worried about possible water ingress. To solve this I usually park up with front wheels on levelling ramps so the watter drains off the back of the van. My question is will it cause any problems having the ramps in place for extended periods as the suspension will be compressed to a certain amount, or does anyone have a better solution.

regards John

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
My vans are always parked up on a slope as I live on a hill and terraced bits are still not very flat.:Smile: I can't see it doing any long term harm. But then a puddle on the roof probably won't do any harm either. A lot of motorhomes have a puddle on their roof and that in itself will not make you spring a leak. Most leaks are caused when the roof flexes after the sealant stops being flexible, this happens when you are up on the roof or driving on bumpy roads etc.

If it were me I'd leave it on the flat and buy a goldfish::bigsmile:

OP
OP
golly

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
If it were me I'd leave it on the flat and buy a goldfish

Thanks Jim, I must admit I would prefer to keep it on the flat, think I'll give the goldfish a miss though. :roflmto:

John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:ROFLMAO: even if you put it on the ramps / blocks it will still only have the weight of the van on it - less the water and fish :ROFLMAO::thumb:--- the water may stop the roof getting hot,hot,hot :ROFLMAO:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back