Free Member
Jun 27, 2021
Lytham St Annes, Lytham Saint Annes, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 788
Exp
I'm a newbie
Has anyone used levelling/stabiliser Jack's? We are new to motorhoming and have some plastic ramps but they are splitting so need replacing. I've seen these Jack's online so.wondered if they are any good or just a waste of money.

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
I’ve always liked the idea, but have to say I don’t often have an issue without them.

More over, if you buy a used van at let’s say £50k and self levelling costs £6k they represent a 12% additional cost.

Where as if you buy new at £100k It’s only a 6% additional cost.

I guess in simple terms if you can afford £150k for a van £6k is little more, but if you can only raise £20k for a van you’ll not want to cough up £6k to avoid using ramps.

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
Love em. Expensive but I always used Fiamma jacks until we bought a van with Auto levellers. Amazing and would want to be without them..
Shall I give you a ”not”

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Yes - they may be costly but they save a lot of faffing especially if you move quite often and like your beverages level. They also free up the garage space taken by drive on blocks or similar and save the cost of any repairs due after accidentally driving off the blocks the wrong way! ;) (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back