Free Member
Sep 12, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer B584
Exp
About to start!
We'll be collecting our very first motorhome(a Hymer B584, built in 2000) in a couple of weeks and need to buy some levellers and chocks for a night's stopover on our maiden voyage home. Suggestions for ones to buy and ones to avoid will be very welcome. Or are they all much of a muchness? Thanks in advance and Happy New Year!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Mine don't fit miles to small for 16" wheels

Everyone raves about Millenco Quatro's but they look like they are designed for levelling prams, or anything else with 9 inch wheels

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Everyone raves about Millenco Quatro's but they look like they are designed for levelling prams, or anything else with 9 inch wheels
You're right @Jim apparently they now do a three level one with wider hollows to accommodate bigger wheels.

Upvote 0

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
If you go anywhere in the snow and ice
Plastic ramps are not good
they get brittle in the cold
and can get frozen to the ground.
If you hit them to free them they crack

Wooden ramps can take the hammer

Upvote 0
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Do those Quatro chocks still work with the handbrake left off?

The reason I ask is our MH pools water on the roof when it's level but I don't want to leave it in storage for long periods chocked up with the handbrake on (bad memories of snapped handbrake cable incident some years ago).

Do you reckon I could safely pull it up a couple of notches on the Quatro chocks, leave the handbrake off, then put some other chocks behind the back wheels as a failsafe (current high winds spring to mind) and get away with it?
That would be fine. For even more peace of mind leave it in 1st or reverse gear as well.

Upvote 0

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We tend not to use them, if it's just an over night stop, as long as the slope is not to bad I can live with it. Most sites are level but it's handy to have a set, just it case. :xThumb:

Same here. We don't seem to worry about slopes in our household.

I can't be faffing about like I see some people on site.

I only really notice it in the morning when I first get out of bed and find myself swaying in one direction or another.

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
These chocks have a nice slope:
Terrys-Orange-Bar.jpg

Upvote 0

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Same here. We don't seem to worry about slopes in our household.

I can't be faffing about like I see some people on site.

I only really notice it in the morning when I first get out of bed and find myself swaying in one direction or another.
Is that anything to do with not being level though?;)

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Providing head is higher than feet in bed not too bothered for a night or two, if staying longer nice to be level, but not essential. Often depends on what I feel like when we arrive can I be arsed to get the ramps out.
More important on a slope is to put chocks under the wheels if parked on a slope ( legal requirement in Germany if over 3500kg).

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Personally we're not too bothered about levels. It's the fridge that needs to be level-ish when if stopping for more than a night. Running the fridge outside it's level tolerances can seriously break it and replacements require lottery wins, secondly the slide-out motors don't have to work so hard if you're level.

Upvote 0

Brian_K

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Durham
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I think a lot depends on whether you sleep along the length of the MH, or like me, you sleep across it. Personally I cannot get to sleep for ages if the van in not dead level. The three level Millencos work fine for me and don't take up to much room.

Brian

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back