Level sensors - old Rimor (1 Viewer)

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Hi Guys

As some of you may know, I'm trying to sort out the 12 volt electrical problems on a friend's 1998 (I think) Rimor. It was originally fitted with an ArSilicii control system, now really obsolete, and we have an EBL 208 on order as a replacement. I am slowly working my way through all the wiring, not helped by the ArSilicii being connected up through "intelligent nodes"

Now, the vehicle is fitted with twin waste water tanks. Now that I have managed to lower them to the ground I can see that the wiring is attached to the top of the tank by what appear to be wood screws, at least one of which could be 30 - 40 mm long - I've put an off-set bar through the filling hole and had a feel around. It isn't possible to see into the tank. Has anyone seen a similar installation DSCF1524.JPGDSCF1525.JPG, please? The tank is upside down in the photos.

Thanks for looking

John

OP
OP
Pilote87
Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Sorry for the confusion. The tank is on its side. It's obvious from the second pic. The inlet connection is showing and will be at the top of the tank when installed

John

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I assume it’s two screws into a plastic tank, so when the water touches both terminal it just effectively joins them together. So you will be able to test with multimeter, or test bulb, and test gauge by shorting the wires together

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Pilote87
Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Landy Andy - Yes, I can do that, or I can show my friend how to do it. I was vaguely hoping someone may have a version of the EBL which will accept an on/off signal for the level instead of the more normal 0, 25, 50, 75 and 100% indication. They may have some idea of how it can be done.

I have identified and "belled out" some 20 cables, so far. I just have to prove cabling going between the side of the fresh water tank and the bathroom facilities. All the lighting is already proven. The system was made more complex by the use of signal wiring from on/off switches routed through one of the "intelligent nodes" mentioned in my o/p and the control system then supplying the 12 volts to the device. It was the control system which made the decision that it was safe to allow the 12 volts back to the device. It is a RIGHT PAIN.

Anyway, thank you for your suggestion

John

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Sounds like you know far more than me. But my thoughts are that system is only useful as full empty system. So if you want the standard 0 25 50 75 100% then you could add more screws and wires to do this?
Or is these one switch used as part of the transfer to other tank system, which is something I have even less experience of.

Do you have the just the two pins/screws on both tanks?

OP
OP
Pilote87
Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Yes, that is all there is for each tank. It was a messy job, exposing the terminals as they were covered with a bituminous-like compound with a waxed paper on top. I was hoping to give my friend as much info as he should have had (but didn't) from the old system

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Are you connecting a control panel to the EBL 208? The tank sensors usually go direct to the control panel. You could get one of those multi-level sensors with several rods of different lengths. They go into a hole in the top of the tank.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I don’t understand how only two contacts can work other than more than X full, less than X full which is poo to be honest, or two wires that go to float that operates the gauge, which would be a much better system.

I was massively disappointed when I found mine was only 1/4 levels even though I’ve got about 20 LED’s.

OP
OP
Pilote87
Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Landy Andy , autorouter Sorry for the delayed response, but have been away for the night to celebrate my birthday. No computer / internet!

I will be connecting an LT 453 to the EBL 208, and, as Autorouter has suggested, the level sensors go straight to the LT 453 indication / control panel. I will be doing this for the fresh water tank - but it is only a four-wire system. However, as far as I can tell, there is only a two wire system from each of the grey water tanks and I cannot detect a float system in the tank I can access most easily. I suppose I could invert the tank, put some water in through the drain valve and put my meter across the two "terminals" to check for a resistance change. That is, once the rain stops and the ground dries up a little, perhaps later this afternoon.

John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back