Letter from the C&MC to all their members (1 Viewer)

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
We belong to both clubs and I would like to drop the C&CC but there are so many CSs we use that I don’t think it would work.
The email I sent them the other week has still not been answered, mind you I would have been surprised if I had got an answer!
The C&MC seem to be trying to help, and you have to remember that their staff don’t want to get the bug anymore than the rest of us!

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Could`nt access the C&CC site, Some issue, possibly server down?. However I did post on their Faceache site. to the following effect:-

Hi. I note the C&CC are taking a LOT of flack on the various forum(s). Because they are refusing to acknowledge that a small number of their members are FULL TIMERS. And they have arbitrarily closed ALL sites. The "opposition" (C&MC) are making some facilities available Only for those in that situation. Many are saying that they will not renew membership. and not all by any means are full timers, just members who feel strongly that the "club" is letting members down.

Pete

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
They are supposed to be members clubs but constantly dont listen to the endless complaints by members to change the booking system to make it fairer. Its a dictatorship ship paid for by members.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dhall26

Free Member
Aug 19, 2012
South lincs
Funster No
MH
Self Built Ducato
Exp
My only comment on this relates to the C&MC letter
'run by members (the Executive Committee). They are elected from amongst you and volunteer to be your board of directors. (They receive no pay for their tireless hard work) '
Whilst this is true, the amounts they are paid in 'expenses' is astronomical

David

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
No problem with either club. We were leaving a C&MC site the day the lockdown emerged and due to travel to a C&CC site. Tried calling to no avail so headed home rather than an chancy 100+ mile journey in the other direction. Had a call from them later in the day to sort a refund for that and the next site we were due to visit.

Dec 18, 2019
Thurnscoe, Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestyle580PR
Exp
Since 2007
No problem with either club. We were leaving a C&MC site the day the lockdown emerged and due to travel to a C&CC site. Tried calling to no avail so headed home rather than an chancy 100+ mile journey in the other direction. Had a call from them later in the day to sort a refund for that and the next site we were due to visit.
Agree fully, English Heritage have given a further free three months to members but nothing from the big caravan and motor home clubs.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
They are supposed to be members clubs but constantly dont listen to the endless complaints by members to change the booking system to make it fairer.
and what about those members who are happy with the current system for C&MC? Whilst there has never been a poll of members I would suggest those seeking change would be in the minority going by the level of complaints voiced?:unsure:

M-J

Free Member
Jan 15, 2019
Secret Underground Chimp Bunker
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E562
Exp
Enough
The CAMC advance booking system is a joke, all the popular sites booked up every weekend and all week at any holiday times. You have to work hard to grab availability only to find empty pitches all over the place when you get there!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Could you not have booked in for one night and then you would have been able to empty your waste and refilled your water tank if you were so desperate
No we tried but even though they were in the middle of no where out of season they were full it was our plan to stay there 3 nights and we were more than willing to pay, we have been Motorhoming for many years and mostly just have an idea and follow whatever way takes our fancy, but with it been quite romote and us being members of the club for years did not think we would be refused a carrier of water never mind any in our tank. You live and learn.

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Agree fully, English Heritage have given a further free three months to members but nothing from the big caravan and motor home clubs.
What are we talking about a £1.03 a week for membership so you lose £13.39 for 3 months (13weeks) is it such a big loss ?

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
and what about those members who are happy with the current system for C&MC? Whilst there has never been a poll of members I would suggest those seeking change would be in the minority going by the level of complaints voiced?:unsure:
I much prefer the CMC booking system. It is easy to use, easy to see availability at a glance, easy to amend or cancel a booking, doesn’t require a deposit. In fact, it’s all the things that the C&CC booking system is not. It’s one of the main reasons why I use CMC rather than C&CC sites. I tend to only use the C&CC for their CSs and THSs.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
The CAMC advance booking system is a joke, all the popular sites booked up every weekend and all week at any holiday times. You have to work hard to grab availability only to find empty pitches all over the place when you get there!
I've never had a problem booking sites with C&MC. I even got 4 nights booked a Rowntree Park (subsequently cancelled as a result of current environment). Having said that, I could understand if a member wanted a specific site on a specific date there could be an issue. We very rarely need a pitch for a specific site for a specific reason on a specific date so, given we have the flexibility a motorhome offers, we just go somewhere else.

prentii

Free Member
May 10, 2016
suffolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2016
I have cancelled our membership simply because we hadn't used a site in the past year. When we have been we have found the sites to be very good and staff friendly.

I don't understand why payment/deposit isn't taken at booking and have been frustrated at not being able to get to popular sites. If it because folk book in advance and cancel at their leisure then something needs sorting.

That aside I would remain if we were likely to make use of it - agree that a 3 month extension to membership would be the sensible thing for them to offer.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I much prefer the CMC booking system. It is easy to use, easy to see availability at a glance, easy to amend or cancel a booking, doesn’t require a deposit. In fact, it’s all the things that the C&CC booking system is not. It’s one of the main reasons why I use CMC rather than C&CC sites. I tend to only use the C&CC for their CSs and THSs.
I've looked at the C&CC website on a number of occasions and, maybe it's me, found it less user friendly than C&MC. Had considered joining but didn't as a result.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I've looked at the C&CC website on a number of occasions and, maybe it's me, found it less user friendly than C&MC. Had considered joining but didn't as a result.
It’s not you, it’s dreadful. :RollEyes:

M-J

Free Member
Jan 15, 2019
Secret Underground Chimp Bunker
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E562
Exp
Enough
I've never had a problem booking sites with C&MC. I even got 4 nights booked a Rowntree Park (subsequently cancelled as a result of current environment). Having said that, I could understand if a member wanted a specific site on a specific date there could be an issue. We very rarely need a pitch for a specific site for a specific reason on a specific date so, given we have the flexibility a motorhome offers, we just go somewhere else.

We always seem to manage eventually but booking weekends can be a mission having to check daily for cancellations especially at places like Rowntree and Seacroft. Went to Rowntree twice last year, was planning to do the same this year, our first would have been this Friday for 3 nights but obviously that’s not happening.

Have a look now for weekend availability after the closed period at either of the sites above, you’ll see it’s fully booked and I bet if you went on those dates there would be at least a couple of empty pitches for the whole weekend.

Jun 3, 2018
Funster No
I'm afraid after personal experience of been turned away from a site in Scotland out of water and not been allowed just a couple of gallons of water to keep us safe and after many e mails and correspondence with the club, told that people like us who had been members for years have to drive past a water tap with a near empty tank because its company policy, then it does not seem like a club that's for the people. I was pleased to see them offering help for the full timers, but I don't think I could trust them as a people's club., ever again.
I think this should be sent on to the director general at the head of this site and Ask to explain this practice.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I think this should be sent on to the director general at the head of this site and Ask to explain this practice.
Believe me as the Funsters who have been on here for a long time will know it was well aired at the time and I was in touch with their top brass after a lot of persistent pressure from me, I can't find the last coraspondance from them, but they basically said that's they are the rules and it's not been changed, I do know at the time they lost a lot of good will over it.

Sep 19, 2018
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
What are we talking about a £1.03 a week for membership so you lose £13.39 for 3 months (13weeks) is it such a big loss ?

I fully appreciate the fact they are helping some members and that is too be commended and yes it’s no fault of theirs they can not earn money but neither is it ours. The are still earning commission on items sold, insurance taken etc. no doubt and they still have our membership money. A gesture of good will during these times like most other organisations would be appreciated by many. Sometimes reputation and praise by word of mouth will get you further rather than a sour taste. Even an extension for 50% of the closed duration extension will help many that will be feeling the pinch when this is over.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
The C&MC booking system works for us. We mostly avoid parts of the school holidays, and public holidays when pitch demand (and horrendous road traffic) is peaking. As MHers we like to take short breaks, 3 - 5 nights, during less busy weekdays even in July, excluding weekends. I suspect that our site booking pattern can make life more difficult for caravanners who want a continuous 7 or 14 night booking on popular sites and find they can't because 3 or more nights aren't available. Pesky MHers like us, eh.

All a bit academic for the time being but we will renew our membership.

Reactions: maz

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
I fully appreciate the fact they are helping some members and that is too be commended and yes it’s no fault of theirs they can not earn money but neither is it ours. The are still earning commission on items sold, insurance taken etc. no doubt and they still have our membership money. A gesture of good will during these times like most other organisations would be appreciated by many. Sometimes reputation and praise by word of mouth will get you further rather than a sour taste. Even an extension for 50% of the closed duration extension will help many that will be feeling the pinch when this is over.
It’s not over yet so why not wait until it’s over and see what happens.

May 18, 2014
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation3
Exp
Since 2011
? I received this from the C&CC today and thought you may be interested ?:

"Keeping you updated through Covid-19

Issued 9th April 2020

All of our UK Club Sites, Certificated Sites, Meets and Temporary Holiday Sites have been closed since March 22. When the day comes and it’s safe to reopen, it will feel better than ever to be back. For many of you, it will be the thought of spending great times in the great outdoors with family and friends that will be keeping you going. We feel it too. But for now, we must all play our part in making that day come sooner - by following governmental guidance on self-isolation, social distancing and non-essential travel.

Club Site touring bookings

If you have a booking on our system between now and the end of May, there is no need to contact us. To make things as easy as possible for our members, we will contact you to rearrange your booking for a later date or to offer you a full refund.

Future bookings made whilst our sites are closed are fully flexible. Members can amend them to any available date in the next 18 months without charge (non members can amend to any date before the end of the year). You can switch to any available campsite and there is no limit to how many times you do this while sites remain closed.

Foreign tour or holiday bookings

If you have an upcoming booking for foreign travel or a tour, we’ll contact you by phone or email and give you the option to move your tour, book for a later date or receive a full refund. Please bear with us as we are currently contacting departures due in April.

Your membership

It will come as no surprise that the Club needs its members now more than ever. Together we’ll come through this period of time. And when we do, the draw of our countryside and its beautiful open spaces will be stronger than ever. The Club wants to be there, to welcome you back and celebrate this moment with you. It will only be possible with your support.

The Club is determined to offer you full value for your membership, throughout our closure period and beyond:
  • This year, we’re extending your membership period for as long as our sites are closed, to ensure you receive your full 12 months of membership no matter what happens.
  • We’ve expanded our booking window to 18 months exclusively for our members, so you can now book up until October 2021. If you make a booking during our closure period, we’ve made it fully flexible, so you can amend it to any available date in the next 18 months without charge. You can switch to any available campsite, and there is no limit to how many times you can move a booking while sites remain closed.
  • You’ll continue to find value in your membership far beyond our sites, with great content in our regular magazine, promotions, competitions, helpful advice and plenty of online inspiration.
  • Fun, freedom, relaxation – whatever your reason for camping with the Club, we can’t wait to help make your next getaway even more special. With nearly 100 Club Sites to choose from, plus 1,400 idyllic certificated sites, we’re sure to have a destination to suit you. As a member, you’ll enjoy 30% off pitch night fees all year round, plus additional member-exclusive discounts throughout the year.
  • While our sites are temporarily closed it’s the perfect time to visit our website and follow our social channels. You’ll find inspiration for places to visit when things get back to normal and if you’re new to the Club or to camping, there are some great hints and tips to get you started."

scally

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
Now normally I would have scoffed at the true member's club bit, but the way they have come forward to help motorhome fulltimers has changed the way I think about them. fair play (y) They are confident too and bookings are open for the end of June (y)

Dear Mr Brown

I wanted to write to you personally about your Club and the challenges we face over the coming months.

First and foremost my thoughts go out to all of our members, staff and friends of the Club who have been affected by the Coronavirus pandemic and we hope that by pulling together we can get through this very difficult time.

Since we were founded in 1907 we have served and represented those who are united in a passion for the great outdoors. We have provided sites and places to stay, advice, travel assistance and financial protection to generations of caravanners, motorhomers, campervanners and campers. Over the past 113 years we have survived the hardship of two World Wars, petrol rationing in the Suez crisis, the three day week, Foot and Mouth in 2001 and now we face the global Coronavirus pandemic.

A true members’ Club

It is vital to remember that the Club is a true members’ Club that is owned by you, the members and run by members (the Executive Committee). They are elected from amongst you and volunteer to be your board of directors. (They receive no pay for their tireless hard work). Thanks to prudent management and years of support from members like you paying their subscriptions and buying our services, we have built up an unrivalled network of sites and Certificated Locations across the UK. As a members’ Club we pay no dividends to shareholders or bonuses to directors so that any surplus funds are used to invest in sites and services for you. This year we are committed to investing in Cayton Village in Yorkshire, Penrhos in Anglesey and Troutbeck Head in the Lake District.

Working together to ensure our future

We need you to maintain your subscription to help tide us over during this financial uncertainty. In return we will continue to provide our call centre and online services in full, our magazine will continue to be produced (you can download our app to read scores of back issues), our social media will be more active than ever, whilst our award-winning Club insurance and caravan cover continue to provide protection.

I am also pleased to confirm we have opened our UK site bookings through to 30 June 2021 to give you, as members, priority for a full year’s touring ahead.

We have received so many messages of support for our staff during this difficult time and I personally thank you for those messages. We are a club built on a passion for the great outdoors by like-minded people and we must do everything we can together to ensure our wonderful club remains wonderful for the next 100 years.

Please support us if you are able by continuing to be a Club member.

Nick Lomas
Director General
Caravan and Motorhome Club
I didn't get one feeling left out now :X3::eek:

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
? I received this from the C&CC today and thought you may be interested ?:

It will come as no surprise that the Club needs its members now more than ever. Together we’ll come through this period of time. And when we do, the draw of our countryside and its beautiful open spaces will be stronger than ever. The Club wants to be there, to welcome you back and celebrate this moment with you.
I got one too. Why do I feel I want to :sicker: ?

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
But surely when the C&CC and CC where set up they where as sites for holiday's not for full time that is why a majority of them are closed out of season and you are only allowed a certain amount of nights when open.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back