Let the bi-annual Price That Policy game begin. (1 Viewer)

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Oh dear. This game is becoming more than a little tedious.

Love it or hate it, every year we are forced to phone, browse, scroll, jump over hurdles and through hoops, and give every detail bar our inside leg measurement over and over again.

Even my current insurer, Advance, are teasing me by not giving me a renewal price without me phoning them first.

I thought that Compare the Market would at least take some of the pain away but, no, the top choice of Adrian Flux still required a phone call to ascertain the amount of windscreen cover included.

Nice (but a bit dim) girl couldn't answer my question without going through all my details again.

She eventually came back with a price which was £100 more than their online price. When I laughed, this was quickly reduced by £98 - a whopping 30%!

Of course, that price was only valid till the end of the phone call. No problem, says I, I will buy it online at the lower price when I have done some more research. She put the phone down on me!!

At least I now have a starting point to haggle with as many other companies as I can fit in before my patience gives out.

Next month, I get to play the same game all over again when my car insurance is due for renewal.....

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
when we were first with AIBi found i couldn't beat their renewal prices by more than a few pounds and i was happy thinking i had at last found a decent broker and gave then all my business three vehicles
This year however i got a quote a couple of hundred cheaper for my works van so they've lost that business will have to wait for the next renewal to see if that was a blip or they've changed the way they work

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
The law changed this year, as in last week and insurers can no longer give better terms to new customers than existing. I know of one very big household name that is playing catchup. Spent the day at my sister's painting as she was on the phone to customers. Same script over and over again with customers querying the new prices, changed from last week of December

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Do a comparison via Asda Money:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back