Les Brevieres ski lift? (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi guys the lift at Les Brevieres, is it a bubble or just a ski lift? Wife doesn't ski so unless she can get back easily its out. Daughter and family are going next April to Tignes and thought it would be good if we could join them in the RV.

Ian

ruthiebabe

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1989
Hi Ian, it's a bubble. At Brevieres it's just a car park but you can use the coach dumping point and there's a village water trough/fountain thing. Take extra water onboard before you drive up probably, if you're staying a while. hth, Ruth

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Ruthie the bubble only appears to go about halfway, does the free ski bus stop at that point? From googling it appears the ski bus only goes as far as Les Boisses, so either taxi from there or be back before the bubble closes.

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ruthiebabe

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1989
I'm not sure what you mean, there is a bubble from Brevieres and no need to catch a bus, all skiing from the top of the bubble. It may be closed very early and very late season. We have used it in January. If closed (only v late or v early I guess) it's the skibus to 1800 Les Boisses or drive. Maybe check with the Tourist Office?

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Sorry if I didn't explain properly Ruth, if the wife takes the bubble, and she doesn't ski, how does she get to Tignes? Or have I misunderstood and the bubble goes all the way up? Sorry to be a pain.:)

Ian

ruthiebabe

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1989
Sorry Ian I can't remember if there's a ski bus from where the bubble stops, or in fact exactly waht happens when you get off the bubble but I expect the OT will be able to advise. Good luck.

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
Hi Ian if my memory serves me correctly (it doesn't always)
The top station for the bubble is really for skiers only.
To access Tigne centre from Le Brev you can catch the little chair lift as a foot passengerfrom Tigne le Brev this drops you at the little village above the dam wall and from here you can catch the service bus into Tigne centre.
However i think you will need a ski pass.

Its worth contacting the tourist information and stressing it's foot passenger from Tigne Le Brev to Tigne centre you want to know about
Been 3 years since we went to Tignes
kev

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Thanks Kev, I think a ski lift might be a bit risky, getting off without ski's on she's likely to end up eating the snow, as simply going skiing is not something she's happy about, eating snow is not going to improve her mood. :LOL: The bus from Bourg sounds the best option, beginning to wonder if this is one slope to far. :) I can just fly with my daughter and stay with them, but I have an idea of a few days skiing and then on to Venice. Need to cogitate a bit.

Thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated.

Ian

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
Ian the lift is very easy (Unless they have changed anything) It's used regularly by foot passengers and the lifties slow it down so the foot passengers can get off safely.

We used it once to go into tigne on foot

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back