Lenny's on the road to Portugal (2 Viewers)

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Now just south of Limoges at a nice little Aire at Pageas.
Got flashed on the D824 this morning I was doing 102kph, dual carriageway with 110 limit so my limit was a 100, I expect the camera picked me up as a lorry so should be ok.

Looks like they have had some of that wet stuff, looks like a few people had trouble getting out. We've been here before and parked on the grass without any problems, staying on the tarmac tonight, we are only ones here.

I know it well, Lenny. My wife and I take our dog for a walk in the adjacent area, using the parking there for our car.

There are a couple of alternative areas for parking/servicing nearby. The first is at the Total service station just on the northern edge of Chalus. Potable water is available by jeton which can be obtained from a pillar on the car wash facility. Intermarche over the fence / armco The other, much quieter, area is at Sereilhac, about 8 km north of Pageas. Here you will find quite a nice lake to wander round and the parking (free) is on crushed limestone. Jetons from the local Marie or the tabac

Well don’t take it with you ! Leave behind for us locals lol
I'll second that

John

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Got a bit of a move on today so we can have a couple of easy days.
Now at Nogent-le-Roi about 35km north of Chartres, small Aire with free servicing & EHU.

IMG_20191029_181941_NR-1024x768.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Lenny you have mugged me I looked through all your pictures and couldn’t see any bras?

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Got a bit of a move on today so we can have a couple of easy days.
Now at Nogent-le-Roi about 35km north of Chartres, small Aire with free servicing & EHU.

View attachment 342271
Stopped there a couple of years ago. From memory there was only one tap to service toilet cleaning and drinking water.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Stopped there a couple of years ago. From memory there was only one tap to service toilet cleaning and drinking water.
I thought that at first then found drinking tap by the EHU bollard completely separate from dump point about 20m from dump point.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Great photos Lenny. I can see the pointing and scratches on the bricks what more do you want? Dull lightning is best for architecture unless you get evening low light to give depth to the shadows.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Great photos Lenny. I can see the pointing and scratches on the bricks what more do you want? Dull lightning is best for architecture unless you get evening low light to give depth to the shadows.
Yer, but they look naff with the white sky after all those blue skies in Spain & Portugal.
Doesn't help using a compact camera, can't be bothered to lug a big one around these days.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We stayed at Jumieges early on in the current trip, awkward place to get to unless coming from the north. But as we only have a little 'un we could use one of the free ferries across the Seine as they are limited to 3.5t.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back