Lenny's on a Short Winter Break (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Back to propper food tonight a beef stroganoff, looks a bit grey due to the copuius quantity of red wine in it.

IMG_20200307_195152_NR_copy_1280x960.jpg

Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
Panic stations this morning at an ungodly hour (8:45am) ½ dozen cars arrived with loads of people in high vis vests, ye gods must be an event on we are going to get blocked in if we don't get a move on.

Phew! Panic over only a group doing litter picking along the river bank, we can relax and have our coffee in peace.

Just north of Rouen at Montville tonight very nice Aire.

View attachment 367382
Whoops forgot to turn coordinates on.
49.54724, 1.07218
Had an overnight stop here last year on way from Dieppe to Gruissan (to meet up with Richard and Kate Clarky ). Found aire to be good, however, the route that we took into the town was concerning due to warnings of 2.6m headroom. Came down the hill on D44 and we were looking for somewhere to turn around, went round the hairpin and then continued along longish straight but still nowhere to turn and had to stop just before the road bent round to right. A young driver pulled past and reveversed into a small entrance to a house and offered to hold up any traffic while I did a five point turn (in the dark, near bend). My co pilot got out and looked around the bend and came back to tell me the height restriction was just around the bend, a railway arch, and confirmed that I needed to turn round. I got out to go and have a look and from a distance i thought it looked okay and then a Transit came through with plenty of clearance so I said to the young Frenchman that I was going through. I recon it was nearer 5m than the 2.6m signs. Perhaps they only wanted cars and locals to take this route.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Had an overnight stop here last year on way from Dieppe to Gruissan (to meet up with Richard and Kate Clarky ). Found aire to be good, however, the route that we took into the town was concerning due to warnings of 2.6m headroom. Came down the hill on D44 and we were looking for somewhere to turn around, went round the hairpin and then continued along longish straight but still nowhere to turn and had to stop just before the road bent round to right. A young driver pulled past and reveversed into a small entrance to a house and offered to hold up any traffic while I did a five point turn (in the dark, near bend). My co pilot got out and looked around the bend and came back to tell me the height restriction was just around the bend, a railway arch, and confirmed that I needed to turn round. I got out to go and have a look and from a distance i thought it looked okay and then a Transit came through with plenty of clearance so I said to the young Frenchman that I was going through. I recon it was nearer 5m than the 2.6m signs. Perhaps they only wanted cars and locals to take this route.
The 2.4 one we came across the other day where I created mayhem reversing back down the single track road looked OK but just not worth the risk.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
The 2.4 one we came across the other day where I created mayhem reversing back down the single track road looked OK but just not worth the risk.
With your track record I bet you would have reversed up the road that we had driven down, rather than turn round.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
If that’s the road into Montville I’ve been through and was also worried about the height sign but stay in middle and it’s fine.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
End of another trip and my FLT status in tack, FIDGET & PhilandMena, three weeks away total cost of camping €0.00. :Grin:
That is impressive. :)

And if you are back in the UK please wash your hands. :) No tiny stowaways allowed!

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
End of another trip and my FLT status in tack, FIDGET & PhilandMena, three weeks away total cost of camping €0.00. :Grin:

You should be ashamed of yourself. Just think of all the little French kids having to walk to school barefoot because of your FLT tendencies :cry::cry: :cry:

:p:p:p

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Thank you for posting regular updates and like many others, various places booked marked for future trips (y)
Already looking forward to the next but in the meantime, fingers crossed Robert Clark will keep us amused with his latest adventure:unsure:

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Thank you for posting regular updates and like many others, various places booked marked for future trips (y)
Already looking forward to the next but in the meantime, fingers crossed Robert Clark will keep us amused with his latest adventure:unsure:
We’re incognito I’m afraid

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Lenny HB , nice one I'm impressed !!
We hope to go over in June ( still looking at virus problem) , but I'm not going FLT route this time as her in doors wants too stay a couple of nights in various places with some facilities. ( but I won't be extravagant !!!!!)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back