Lenny's on a Short Winter Break (1 Viewer)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Nice and quiet we are the only ones here, not much in the village going to walk up to Chateau de Pyrepertuse in the morning.

Found the launderette.

View attachment 364481
That's a stiff walk I think, and a head for hights needed at the chateau. We just observed it from a distance. :)

150.jpg

Very interesting area, with other Cathar castles to see as well. And Corbieres wine if feeling thirsty.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
One for Judith jumartoo.
Beeding satnags & stupid French parking. Had to go the wrong way up a one way street in the end.

Mi was giving you some stick there Lenny ................................................. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
I can't believe you past within a few miles of us and didn't stop for a few days of FLT, free parking, free water and free elec also usually free wine. You should be excluded from the FLT's. We are heading for East dean at the end of April so may drop in to you!
Steve

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I can't believe you past within a few miles of us and didn't stop for a few days of FLT, free parking, free water and free elec also usually free wine. You should be excluded from the FLT's. We are heading for East dean at the end of April so may drop in to you!
Steve
Hi Steve, I know you are around this area somewhere, is it West of Carcassonne?
I thought you were normally in Portugal this time of year. Mi wants to visit Carcassonne not good for an FLT with the Aire at over €15 a night. The weather so good here at the moment so we think we will stay in the area.

We are heading for East dean at the end of April so may drop in to you!
Always welcome.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Thanks for that. We try not to make that sort of mistake ANY MORE!!!
Video didn't do it justice it was far worse than it looked. As we came into the square you will see a road sign on the left, to get around I had to bump the rear wheel over a high kerb with the sign about 4" from the side of the van. The other end another road sign on the left with another big kerb and a drainage gully my front wheel was on the edge of, quite scary.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
And the winner is Helen scousebird

€28
IMG_20200223_151203_NR_copy_1024x768.jpg

We don't normally risk steaks in France so often as tough as old boots. This place wasn't much more than a snack bar at the side of the road with hickety pickety terresed seating, just had good vibes with loads of people from the local area eating. We were the only tourists, had bio on the board so I assume organic farmed. It was a good choice nice and tender with lots of flavour.

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Mi wants to visit Carcassonne not good for an FLT with the Aire at over €15 a night. The weather so good here at the moment so we think we will stay in the area.
We are halfway between Narbonne and Carcassonne. When are you heading back? You could stop at ours and we could go to Le Citie in the car. I will message you coordinates. We didn't go to Portugal this year while Judy was still recovering from the strokes and having frequent medical checks, but she is almost signed off now so three months in Scandinavia from end of April.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I am puffed out, just watching you guys at 26 degrees, going onwards and upwards is like watching a pair mountain goats:hot:
I would sit at the bottom in the shade, beer in hand, and get The Drone out (if I had one).
Pleased that you have found some nice weather though, dont come home yet, its peeing down here in the south, and probably will be all through March.
LES
PS: knowing my luck, if I did hike up there, there would probably be a road with a car park at the top, not showing on the sat nag:swear:

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
PS: knowing my luck, if I did hike up there, there would probably be a road with a car park at the top, not showing on the sat nag:swear:
There is road up but not recommended for Motorhomes over 7m, there is a parking place for large Motorhomes ½ way between the village and the ticket booth and it's still a steep 15min walk from the ticket booth.

We are hard we walked all the way from the village.

A couple of French vans came in last night they set of this morning about an hour before us they only just got there before us. They started back down the same time as us but arrived back an hour later than us I think they walked up the road a lot easier than the path we took and they don't look quite as knackered as us.

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Stunning but you have made me sick to the stomach with envy. Yet again it's absolutely foul here. I know that knowing this enhances your pleasure all the more so you're welcome! I look forward to getting revenge soon!

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Been reduced to taking photos on my phone today as camera really gone kaput just won't focus. Annoyingly threw the bridge camera out of the van because we could never be bothered to lug it around.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I'm impressed, that is a steep walk and craggy ruins. The castle is impressive too. :)
It was a lot harder than expected only 1½ miles, took us 1½ hours to get up there and an hour back. Not helped that we both have knee problems now. But we don't like to be beaten.
I take it you have done it?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It was a lot harder than expected only 1½ miles, took us 1½ hours to get up there and an hour back. Not helped that we both have knee problems now. But we don't like to be beaten.
I take it you have done it?
No, we only did a drive-by photoshoot. It was towards the end of a trip and we were driving somewhere else from memory. It is an area I'd like to return to. Not too touristy.

Our meanderings start at post #314 on this page.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back