Lenny's on a Short Winter Break (1 Viewer)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
How many brownie points for this then.
Got to be a first a cheese souffle cooked in a TecTower oven.

View attachment 364059
There's something surreal about seeing a photograph of a cheese soufle, however delicious looking, posted with coordinates and an altitude above sea level! Is it bigger than it looks and can be seen from space or does it feature on maps? :)

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
?This is the one with a Shower right in the middle right, last time we were there late Septemberish people were queuing 10 deep waiting to get in,many in dressing gowns and yet 99/100 were Motorhomes with facilities.
l am seriously impressed with the Tectower food creations.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
?This is the one with a Shower right in the middle right, last time we were there late Septemberish people were queuing 10 deep waiting to get in,many in dressing gowns and yet 99/100 were Motorhomes with facilities.
l am seriously impressed with the Tectower food creations.
Think it's the same one, a couple of showers and loos by the services near the entrance, I think they are closed in the winter not seen anyone near them.
Like you say, why would you que when you have a Motorhome and free servicing, then again look in most 2nd hand vans in Germany the shower has never been used.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
There's something surreal about seeing a photograph of a cheese soufle, however delicious looking, posted with coordinates and an altitude above sea level! Is it bigger than it looks and can be seen from space or does it feature on maps? :)
It must have been levitating 52m? I'm parked at sea level unless the Med is higher. :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
When on an Aire do as the French do a plesent 17°.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Must be the wine I forgot to upload the photo.

IMG_20200222_142430_NR_copy_1024x768.jpg

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I dunno why I do it! I 'pop in' on the forum now and again just to see what you're all up to, then I see threads like this! all just driving down for a little cheeky bit of sunshine! I'm stuck in the UK, either working on the boat (only for those 'that know') or baby sitting the Grand Children.......

The when I see this kinda stuff ................. I get jealous and want a van again!

Just wait till the summer! I'll post piccies of blue skies and blue water whilst we sail around Brittany and the Channel Islands, catching fresh lobster and crab, and posting piccies of them as we eat them for lunch whilst washing them down with a nice glass of local wine or two .......... :LOL:

I'm gonna get my own back I tell ye!
Can’t wait we are in sunny Portugal!?

Aug 18, 2017
Pretoria, South Africa
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2005
How would describe the colour of that wine though?
I am still undecided, but sure it tasted better than the colour suggests.
Whats the plan,how far south do you reckon before you find the right weather Lenny.
Do you intend to hold up somewhere, or just keep moseying in & out of places.
Wishing you all the best in your travels, enjoying your posts as usual.
Just wish I could transcribe the GPS co ordinates from your photos into Google to see where you are on the map, must be an easy way.
LES

I find just type in coordinates off photos on Googlemaps and it sorts it out itself just checked where u are on satellite view

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Hope you’ve been exploring on the bikes.
There are lots of super rides around the area. (y)

Richard.
We cycled to Lidl does that count?

We did have a short ride over the other side of the canal only did 10 miles too much wine lunch time.

MWW

Free Member
Oct 27, 2019
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
New to it all!
Lenny
Can you please confirm the CC ref numbers of where you’ve been as we’ll be following in your footsteps in 3 weeks

Hi, I’m new to motorhoming, so often still confused by comments in posts. What are CC ref numbers and where can I see details of these stopping places?

Last edited:

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Hi, I’m new to motorhoming, so often still confused by comments in posts. What are CC ref numbers and where can I see details of these stopping places?
CC refers to an app called Camper Contact, an invaluable source when travelling abroad. Once you’ve downloaded the app, just type in the number within the search bar. Incidentall, CC can also be accessed Online, link here

• Informative
Reactions: f6c

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
If you get the paid version of camper contact, you can view off line and more items than free version.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
If you get the paid version of camper contact, you can view off line and more items than free version.
You do get full access to everything online but to do so you must register.
The online version is not that user friendly the app is much easier to use, even an FLT :reel:like me coughs up for the app.

Last edited:

MWW

Free Member
Oct 27, 2019
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
New to it all!
CC refers to an app called Camper Contact, an invaluable source when travelling abroad. Once you’ve downloaded the app, just type in the number within the search bar. Incidentall, CC can also be accessed Online, link here
Thanks all for your replies and help. App now downloaded and account set up. We’re heading to France for our first overseas trip in May so will get the paid version before we go.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Thanks all for your replies and help. App now downloaded and account set up. We’re heading to France for our first overseas trip in May so will get the paid version before we go.
I would have a play with it before you go and this may mean getting the paid version, it's only about £5 from memory. A feature I use a lot are the filters. If you use these the map can be made to show only aires which are free or only those with water and dump facilities. The latter will weed out all the car parks without facilities. You can also set it to show aires with a score above say 6 or 7. You can also combine the filters, using the back button to add another filter. For example, below is a map of aires which are free, have facilities and have been graded 8 or above. But it's always worth reading the reviews, especially if there are only a few of them. Some folk will mark an aire very low for no good reason. One aire I know got a 3 from someone because they had to pay €2 for water. :)

Screenshot_20200223-095825.png

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Blimey Lenny one of those plates would last me at least 2 days. Have you got hollow legs. 40€ ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back