Lenny's on a Short Winter Break (1 Viewer)

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
I'm attempting to learn some French which I'm sure will be appreciated but you've just added another layer to confuse me :giggler:
We have lived in rural South of France for sixteen years and still cannot manage the language however many classes we have attended. We can understand more than we can speak but we get by. Neither of us ever did any at school which seems to be a great help. Trying to learn at 65 years of age is not ideal. Google translate is getting better and better and enables me to handle the amazing amount of paperwork here.
Just make sure you know the rules of the road especially when going through villages when cars coming from the right generally have priority. Many villages are now reintroducing it in our area to slow traffic down. It even applies in shopping centre car parks. A friend of mine had the side of his car caved in by a car coming from behind a large stack of building blocks and he had to pay as the other car was coming from the right.
Oh, just to confuse you more there is also "hôtel de police" which is the police station.
Good travels.
Steve

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
We have lived in rural South of France for sixteen years and still cannot manage the language however many classes we have attended. We can understand more than we can speak but we get by. Neither of us ever did any at school which seems to be a great help. Trying to learn at 65 years of age is not ideal. Google translate is getting better and better and enables me to handle the amazing amount of paperwork here.
Just make sure you know the rules of the road especially when going through villages when cars coming from the right generally have priority. Many villages are now reintroducing it in our area to slow traffic down. It even applies in shopping centre car parks. A friend of mine had the side of his car caved in by a car coming from behind a large stack of building blocks and he had to pay as the other car was coming from the right.
Oh, just to confuse you more there is also "hôtel de police" which is the police station.
Good travels.
Steve
Thanks Steve, I'm only a couple of years behind you with no schoolboy French to get me started! Just learning the basics mainly from Youtube, no intention getting into deep conversation with the locals. Tried my newly learned Spanish in a taxi 25 years ago and was hopelessly out of my depth within seconds :doh: won't do that again:giggler:
Must admit the giving way to traffic from the right concerns me, got visions of starting and stopping every 50 yards:whistle2: I witnessed someone I shared a table with at a café in Menorca jumping into his hire car and hitting another car head-on after turning into oncoming traffic, was intending hiring a car next day but it never happened. The fact I was a lorry driver at the time driving hundreds of miles each day had me concerned I would go into auto pilot all too easily

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
The abbreviation "CC" is an office term for 'carbon copy'.This is used to send details/letter/report etc to other interested parties.
Carbon copy….that takes yer back,don’t it! I remember when the carbon paper salesman used to come round all the offices taking orders. Hah! Apparently there’s summink called internet nowaday so you don’t need carbon paper! :LOL:

Apr 28, 2019
Herne Bay Kent CT65HT
Funster No
MH
charisma 11 A class.
Exp
since 1972
Hi Podney. Yes that abbreviation is still relevant to whome the details are to be sent to even for internet documents .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Since it was my post that used the CC I know what I meant, and it clearly wasn't Carbon Copy.

As already explained CC stands for a Dutch organisation called Camper Contact, which compiles a list of Aires and campsites, which can be found either on line (for free) or with a paid for phone app. The number after the CC was their reference number for the Aire I was referring to.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Since it was my post that used the CC I know what I meant, and it clearly wasn't Carbon Copy.

As already explained CC stands for a Dutch organisation called Camper Contact, which compiles a list of Aires and campsites, which can be found either on line (for free) or with a paid for phone app. The number after the CC was their reference number for the Aire I was referring to.
Can you pay by CC ??;)

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I’ve never had caramelised sausages but l bet they are tasty:p

1627411342787.jpeg

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
We are heading south again hopefully we will get to Spain.
Only got 3 weeks as we were going 2 or 3 weeks ago but due to unforseen circumstances we couldn't leave until this weekend and we have to be back early March.

Not a good start, our ferry yesterday at midday was cancelled but we did get on the 11pm & I blagged an outside cabin for 15 quid.
Oh boy that was a ruuuff crossing not been on one like that for nearly 40 years when I used to go to Sweden on the Tor Line ferry.
Got out of bed to look at the sea got thrown straight back on the bed, really hard to stand up, I did say it was rough.
Force 10 for us.

DFDS Kristiansand to Newcastle January 2005.

Oh the good old days.

I miss them

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Enjoy the trip both you and Mi wherever it happens to takes you, and make sure you keep away from doctors and hospitals this time. Bon Voyage

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
i started reading this thread from the begininmg and thought the silly old sods is doing the same trip he did last year
I think it's a silly old sod that's reading it. :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back