Lenny's Lost his Wheels. (1 Viewer)

May 19, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1995
it was great fun watching Lenny getting up early, missing his coffee and shower, getting soaked, cold and not moaning to much. I am the one who fell in Not recommended. But it was a good challenge and fun.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
it was great fun watching Lenny getting up early, missing his coffee and shower, getting soaked, cold and not moaning to much. I am the one who fell in Not recommended. But it was a good challenge and fun.
You drama queen, you only got your feet wet, even worse I missed it. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Challange! More like SAS training.

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Did a week on the Oxford many moons ago with the wife and pet greyhound.
Hoping to get to Oxford and back in the week, guy at collection said you might just do it, red rag to a bull that.
Spent best part of first day in canalside pub (as you do) so took 4 and a half days getting there.
Pushed hard on way back, was so tired one night that birthed opposite a pub, tied up, went to step back on board, missed footing and slide down side of barge into the canal. Effed and Jeffed standing waist deep so rather than climb back on board I walked through the canal climbed up on to pub beer garden and waited for SWMBO to arrive with the beer tokens.
Memories! !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
One of my favourite boat memories was here on the River Rhone. That's us on the left with a flying boat heading straight for us!
DSCN0086.JPG

Thankfully he was picking up water to fight a fire somewhere...Phew!
2006_0605_100254AA.JPG

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
That is a Canadair CL 215 or maybe its successor a CL415. Used by most counties on the Med coast. Yes it is a capable of landing on water but also has wheels so is technically described as an 'amphibian'

The Greek ones were based at a military airfield north of Athens and I often saw them picking up water in Poros Sound which was a well protected and calm stretch of water.

Many years ago they were flown by Russian (mad) pilots but I do not know by whom now.

Geoff

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Late yesterday afternoon we had a little bit of an accident. Caught the tiller on a tunnel wall and it snagged. The tiller broke at the bottom bend, you could see it was had already been split ½ way as there was rust ½ way round.

View attachment 370207

Guy from the marina came out to us took the tiller back to the workshop and was back with it at 8am, so not much time lost.
Only problem the shaft is a bit bend making helming really hard work.
What!! bent sailor what’s the world coming to????

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back