Lenny's Heading for Portugal - Maybe (4 Viewers)

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Hate to think what it would have been like without the full air suspension. Typical of Portugal and Spain in the villlages, granite block cobbles, they certainly slow you down.
Suppose you prepare the Martinis before setting off, place in fridge, reach destination, serve, shaken not stirred - RESULT :D

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Now at good old Nonancourt, Love the Marie and the park by the river next to the Aire.

IMG_20181113_165658.jpg

IMG_20181113_165821.jpg

IMG_20181113_165903.jpg

IMG_20181113_171401.jpg

IMG_20181113_171700.jpg

IMG_20181113_172805.jpg

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Is the free electric still on at Nonancourt? Is water still on? Cheers

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Is the free electric still on at Nonancourt? Is water still on? Cheers
I think both are off another Brit came in and I was chatting to him he said there were. We don't bother with EHU & OK for water.

I hear you met my best Mate yesterday.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Taken me ages to get him to put one up.:D

He did say you had insisted. :D

An additional one on the back too would be even better. Double the chance to spot a funster especially when silver screens are on the front of vans. I enjoyed our chat. I hope he posts a few photos of his soon to be encounter with the monkeys.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp

An additional one on the back too would be even better. Double the chance to spot a funster especially when silver screens are on the front of vans. I enjoyed our chat. I hope he posts a few photos of his soon to be encounter with the monkeys.
No chance, is there @JonP :D2

May 19, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1995

Good meeting you Irnbru, thanks for the info on places to stop on our route to Gib. Will post pics of monkeys, if they don’t nick my phone.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
3445 miles later another short trip comes to an end. The important figure for @FIDGET and all the other FLT, 39 nights away total camping cost €36.:)

It's been a bit of a hectic trip only twice did we spend 2 nights somewhere otherwise all one nighters but we did see a lot. Suprised by all the free Aires/Camper Stops in Northern Spain and Portugal with free servicing as well. Unfortunately all in carparks but they were where we wanted to be so fine by us.
Weather although dry not been as warm as the UK and we went for the warmer weather.:(

upload_2018-11-15_12-27-46.png
upload_2018-11-15_12-29-10.png

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
That's a great trip @Lenny HB , thanks for posting the Autoroute trace. Do you keep an Autoroute poi excel file as well with Lat,long, description and comment etc of your trips. If you do it would be great if you could publish that rather than us all having to go through all the pictures and copy down all the coordinates. You have got Judy & I wondering whether to go to Portugal again and do more of the North rather than over to Morocco. It's the weather that is the problem though. Or maybe just explore more of the Algarve rather than just sticking to the coast.
Steve

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
That's a great trip @Lenny HB , thanks for posting the Autoroute trace. Do you keep an Autoroute poi excel file as well with Lat,long, description and comment etc of your trips. If you do it would be great if you could publish that rather than us all having to go through all the pictures and copy down all the coordinates. You have got Judy & I wondering whether to go to Portugal again and do more of the North rather than over to Morocco. It's the weather that is the problem though. Or maybe just explore more of the Algarve rather than just sticking to the coast.
Steve
Sorry Steve, not that well organised but I can send you a copy of the .axe file (too big to upload) which has most of the stopovers with a CC pushpin. The only one that I think is not on it is Evora the supermarket one is on there then we found a better one nearer the town.
We don't go back to the same place very often but when we do I usually remember it. Quite nice seeing bits that most foreign tourists don't see but the weather wasn't too good better to do it a bit eairler in the year.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Brilliant thread Lenny thank you. We've done a bit of inland Portugal but clearly there is more to see.

Dec 29, 2007
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1996
Looking at your map we went a bit different back from Portugal through Spain. Went via Badajoz, Merida and Caceres.

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Sorry Steve, not that well organised but I can send you a copy of the .axe file (too big to upload) which has most of the stopovers with a CC pushpin. The only one that I think is not on it is Evora the supermarket one is on there then we found a better one nearer the town.
We don't go back to the same place very often but when we do I usually remember it. Quite nice seeing bits that most foreign tourists don't see but the weather wasn't too good better to do it a bit eairler in the year.
That's great but don't worry about it Lenny I will go through your pics and copy down the Lat & long, I just find it much easier to have all our stops showing on the map. I also have quite a few other peoples trips marked as well, like the Bumbles and Adie's early trips.
This is a small part of the .CSV file of our Morocco stops below.
It is then very easy to import it into AR with a dedicated icon. Nerdy perhaps but I have thousands in my Autoroute. The trouble is that my little ASUS EEEPC with the solid state drives is playing up.
Steve

MorocceStops.JPG

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
yes brilliant trip and so informative thank you - looking forward to the next one. Only wish you could help me out with mapping my trips!

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Started another little trip today, our second attempt at going to Portugal this year last time we never made it past Spain.

At the usual Funsters stop over La Mailleraye Sur Seine. Dull and overcast & light rain, a bit naff after all the warm weather & sunshine at home this week.
Only a couple of other Brits here no Funsters stickers.

Hi, I love your MH, it looks great every time I see it in your photos.

You nearly always say 'no Funster sticker' but I would ask why that would stop you saying hi? You may be able to get them to join.

We don't want to put stickers on our MH but that doesn't mean we're not a Member here nor that we are unfriendly/unwelcoming or that we are without beers (which would never happen)!

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
You nearly always say 'no Funster sticker' but I would ask why that would stop you saying hi? You may be able to get them to join.
If they are outside I say hello and have a chat but if they have a Fun sticker I will knock on the door and say hello.

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Great, I'd hate to be parked up close and not get to meet you. Would be fun.
I might get a sticker and hang it on a piece of string at the door now you have made me aware that I may be missing out on meeting other members

Apr 2, 2017
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 5009
Exp
Since 2010
I haven’t got a fundster sticker but lots of smileys over the van just let people know we’re happy people

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Of course, following in your footsteps.:D2
Hope you get to see more of Portugal this time around. We have been up the Spanish border side and the coast. As you get to the coastal border with Spain it becomes enchanting with some wonderful places to visit. Enjoy.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Hope you get to see more of Portugal this time around. We have been up the Spanish border side and the coast. As you get to the coastal border with Spain it becomes enchanting with some wonderful places to visit. Enjoy.
Wake up Phil this is last year's thread.
Slumming it on a site at Torre del ls Sal at the moment.
This is the current trip.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back