bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
€18 is a small price to pay in your situation Lenny HB its money well spent, 🤔 don't go over doing it I know from previous experience, you heal quicker if you rest. 🙂
It does make you feel good putting money into the local communities, 😉 unfortunately we have not had the need to pay for services or parking for the last 5 weeks, but we have used reasonably priced restaurants and been buying diesel €.93 😀 we don't have the view where we are now, but it's free and the Spanish wine is good. :rofl:
IMG_20201018_103553049.jpg

On the serious side, take it easy I can understand Mi not wanting to drive the motorhome, I'm lucky Janie drives anything, in fact the only time on this trip I have sat in the seat is when its turned when we are parked. 😁

I hope people have learnt something from this thread.🤔
Have you got your wife insured to drive your motorhome, and will she drive it, if not take her off the policy. 🙂 Bob.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
€18 is a small price to pay in your situation Lenny HB its money well spent, 🤔 don't go over doing it I know from previous experience, you heal quicker if you rest. 🙂
It does make you feel good putting money into the local communities, 😉 unfortunately we have not had the need to pay for services or parking for the last 5 weeks, but we have used reasonably priced restaurants and been buying diesel €.93 😀 we don't have the view where we are now, but it's free and the Spanish wine is good. :rofl:
View attachment 434225

On the serious side, take it easy I can understand Mi not wanting to drive the motorhome, I'm lucky Janie drives anything, in fact the only time on this trip I have sat in the seat is when its turned when we are parked. 😁

Have you got your wife insured to drive your motorhome, and will she drive it, if not take her off the policy. 🙂Bob.
Daft as it may seem it's probably cheaper to have her on the insurance even if she doesn't drive it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Daft as it may seem it's probably cheaper to have her on the insurance even if she doesn't drive it.

Quite agree, I don't know how it works in Spain, because Janie insured both of our vehicles and anyone over 25 can drive them.🤔
But in the UK............... the insurance company would get a chauffeur to drive you home. 🙂 Bob.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
We were in transit back from Dunkirk to Poland and it was before we used Apps like park4night. I sawa lake on the map off to the right and thought there might be a spot around there for a night. We drove down to the N. side of the lake(not realising Germans use See for any water whether natural lake or a resevoir) tiurned west along the lake and came upon a empty grass car park above the road, found a flattish bit and settled in. One other MH joined us

It was only when we went for a walk that we came across the dam and realised what we had found. It is quite thought provoking to stand between the two towers and imagine Lancs flying at 60' over the water with flak and machine gun fire all around them - must have taken nerves of steel to hold a course till the bomb aimer shouted 'Bomb gone' and one could take evasive action.

Geoff

Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
We were in transit back from Dunkirk to Poland and it was before we used Apps like park4night. I sawa lake on the map off to the right and thought there might be a spot around there for a night. We drove down to the N. side of the lake(not realising Germans use See for any water whether natural lake or a resevoir) tiurned west along the lake and came upon a empty grass car park above the road, found a flattish bit and settled in. One other MH joined us

It was only when we went for a walk that we came across the dam and realised what we had found. It is quite thought provoking to stand between the two towers and imagine Lancs flying at 60' over the water with flak and machine gun fire all around them - must have taken nerves of steel to hold a course till the bomb aimer shouted 'Bomb gone' and one could take evasive action.

Geoff
I was based at the dams 🦫(SOEST ) for a few years when I was attached to HQ 3 division BAOR. Lovely area and when we had visitors I would take them on the dam and get the to find the repair marks. 😷

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Obviously still under the influence of all them drugs they pumped into him, non drugged up Lenny would never pay that😁😁

He will come to his senses soon enough😁

Do you think he might get thrown out of the FLT club for not FLTing enough:LOL: if he does he will be the first, a dishonorable discharge from FLT.:LOL::LOL:

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
View attachment 434225

Have you got your wife insured to drive your motorhome, and will she drive it, if not take her off the policy. 🙂Bob.

Very good point. I've only driven our current van on two occasions, the last one being for about 100km on the French Autoroute. I've never driven through a town or village abroad. I really need to do something about that. I can fully understand why Mi didn't want to drive.

I've also pledged that the next time we fill up with LPG, I'll be the one to do it. I've never done that and, until now, had not really considered that I might need to.

I do have good cassette-emptying skills though :giggle:.

Lenny, just spoil yourself for a few days and enjoy your 18 Euro Stellplatz. Just think of the savings you must have made by eating hospital food!

I hope your trip is going to turn into a holiday from now on.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Do you think he might get thrown out of the FLT club for not FLTing enough:LOL: if he does he will be the first, a dishonorable discharge from FLT.:LOL::LOL:
Since Lenny and Tam, Northernraider are out of the country at the moment I have taken on the task of upholding the reputation of the British FLT's.
We are parked up on a free spot in Lincolnshire at the moment and, weather permitting, intend to stay for 5 nights.
It's a tough job but someone has to do it. :dance2:

Richard.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I'm a mere beginner compared to the likes of Northernraider, Busman , Minxy Girl etc.
PhilandMena has lost the plot this year and is trying hard to get himself evicted. :rofl:
I think its already happened Bud ! Guess you will be joining me soon and I welcome your company ! Just to add fuel to the fire and enhance my reputation I'm currently in dialogue with a campsite in Crete for a booking for the whole of June, next year. However, I'll continue to wild camp when its right for us to do so and will be sorry if I can no longer wind up those do gooders who look down on FLT's.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
...and us, but we do not post much when travelling. I think our total is 7 campsites in 11 years - does that bar us?

Geoff
You would have thought any half decent CEO would have made sure all of his associate FLT members and even those aspiring to join the association understood the rules, regulations and requirement for membership and ongoing compliance monitoring. And what do we get instead, a sordid affair from our alleged CEO with Herman the big butch german nurse while he leaves his own poor wife to manage the cassette. That's heartless, self centred and not the behaviour one expects from a man's man. Love is a funny thing.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Had a walk yesterday it was cold & gloomy got half way to the dam them turned back.
Mi went to the dam after lunch. Today was nice and sunny walked to the dam and a across it & back 3.2 miles well pleased.
Had a long chat with Northernraider eairler he is a lot happier now he has some sunshine.

1020181_copy_1024x768.jpg

1020185_copy_1024x768.jpg

1020189_copy_1024x768.jpg

1020175_copy_1024x768.jpg

1020177_copy_1024x768.jpg

1020180_copy_1024x768.jpg

1020174_copy_1024x768.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
😉 They had to repair that, unlike all the bridges we bombed on the Rhine. 😁
Well done but don't go over doing it. 🙂 Bob
Repaired it in 4 months but caused major problems for them.
On bomb that missed and bounced over the Dam took out a power station.
Just watched a document about it on Prime.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back