Lenny's 2016 Trek South (1 Viewer)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Lenny did you ever visit Pomarao in Portugal?
Free riverside aire, short walk to Maria's restaurant. Home cooked lunch €7 or €8
Only problem no decent phone signal

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Lenny did you ever visit Pomarao in Portugal?
Free riverside aire, short walk to Maria's restaurant. Home cooked lunch €7 or €8
Only problem no decent phone signal
No only did the eastern end of the Algarve apart from visiting our neighbors who were doing up a house they had just bought just west of Faro.
We really want to do more of Portugal & inner Spain, depends how quick we can get the new van registered and sorted maybe a late spring trip.

May 19, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1995
Only you could try and get free electricity new approach connecting via the exhaust.

:D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Friday headed up to Klis to have wander around the fortress, then on towards Krka National Park.

P1080355.JPG

P1080363.JPG

P1080367.JPG

Saturday we braved wind, rain thunder and lightning in the national park to see more flipping water falls.
Headed up to one of the falls came across a bridge with a width restriction of 2.2m decided not to risk it, so reversed a couple hundred yards up the twisty road with Mi holding the red flag behind. Panic burning clutch smell, well it is a Fiat, panic over false alarm a local burning some crud somewhere.

Then we started heading north homeward bound.

P1080372.JPG

P1080377.JPG

P1080385.JPG

P1080391.JPG

And one for the Ducks on here.
P1080378.JPG

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Stopped at Zadar for the night Mi wanted to see the light display on the solar panels. Went to the car park that allows overnight parking, no one at the kiosk on Sat evening or sun Morning so a free night but not a good choice. Would not recommend it, traffic noise all night and people walking about shouting, think it might have been the hang out fort the local junkies.

P1080401.JPG

P1080403.JPG

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Sunday morning started our drive north up the beautiful coast road hardly a car in sight for the first 150km only saw a car every 15-20km.

Spending the night at Ravascletto a ski resort 3000 ft up in the Italian Dolomites it is an official Sosta in the village car park €6, water, waste drainage but no loo empting. As it was between seasons didn’t have to pay.
P1080432.JPG

After a very peaceful night on to the Plöckenpass to Austria the same route we took down, now settled for the night on a free Stellaplatz just north of Munich with fast free wifi. It is next to a huge Motorhome dealer so that may delay us in the morning.

Autum colours starting to show in the Austrian Alps, a bit late this year.
P1080447.JPG

That snow wasn't there on the way down.
P1080456.JPG

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
Headed up to one of the falls came across a bridge with a width restriction of 2.2m decided not to risk it, so reversed a couple hundred yards up the twisty road with Mi holding the red flag behind. Panic burning clutch smell, well it is a Fiat, panic over false alarm a local burning some crud somewhere.

Bridge is a minimum of 2.60metres wide...

We were there a fortnight ago, a National Park ranger advised us to go across as the parking was easier...

We mentioned the restriction and he said ' everyday MHs go over and everyday they get over without getting stuck '

The only issue was meeting somebody coming the other way..

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
After a hardish day driving and a free nights stay decided to treat ourselves to a gourmet meal.

Sorry, you need to subscribe to see this content. Subs are £20 a year. You Can Subscribe Here

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Bridge is a minimum of 2.60metres wide...

We were there a fortnight ago, a National Park ranger advised us to go across as the parking was easier...

We mentioned the restriction and he said ' everyday MHs go over and everyday they get over without getting stuck '

The only issue was meeting somebody coming the other way..
We walked it afterwards we would have got across easy as our van is only 2.21m but when looking across I was worried about the bends as we have a fairly long wheelbase, couldn't see that they widened out quite a bit . While reversing up the road and a local called out "no problem, No problem".
Been in a lot tighter situations than that.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Tuesday was a day of rest, I spent it in bed. I caught a bug, Monday evening stood up went very dizzy and lost my balance then spent most of the night throwing up.

Wednesday morning just about fit enough to drive so we had a look around the dealers first, rather liked the Concorde’s & Morello’s shame they are way out of our price range.
Only traveled a short distance to Nordlingen, despite being poorly Fra Kommandant route marched me 3km around the city walls.

P1080474.JPG

P1080482.JPG

P1080494.JPG

P1080497.JPG

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Over twice that, bleeding expensive in Germany, made a change from salty Croat food if you don't count the chips covered in salt.:D
And how did you feel the day after eating that processed sh*t ?

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
OK who spotted the deliberate mistake?

Sorry, you need to subscribe to see this content. Subs are £20 a year. You Can Subscribe Here

Stopped off today at Rothenburg ob der Tauber, didn't help walking round in the pouring rain. I thought it was a bit overated prefered Nordlingen, nicer and more origial buildings and Bad Wimpfen we liked more than either.
Did't get very far today pouring down all day and traffic jams on every road.

Oh no not more city walls.
P1080508.JPG

P1080510.JPG

P1080513.JPG

P1080514.JPG

P1080522.JPG

German style lunch in the van
IMG_20161020_134401.jpg

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Great trip Lenny
When and where is the next one ?

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Great trip Lenny
When and where is the next one ?
Not sure, was going to be Spain & Portugal in Feb/March/April but that is now on hold due to new van being delivered in March, depends how quick I can get it registered then there is all the bits to add to it. Possibility of Sweden & Norway May/June/July as we have friends in Sweden we haven't seen for years.

Going to Thailand on 6th Dec for 6 weeks, not keen on Asia but been told I have to go, our youngest daugter lives in Bangkok.

Did you do a thread on your recent trip to Portugal as if you did I seemed to have missed it, our internet had been patchy while away so using is sparsly.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Not sure, was going to be Spain & Portugal in Feb/March/April but that is now on hold due to new van being delivered in March, depends how quick I can get it registered then there is all the bits to add to it. Possibility of Sweden & Norway May/June/July as we have friends in Sweden we haven't seen for years.

Going to Thailand on 6th Dec for 6 weeks, not keen on Asia but been told I have to go, our youngest daugter lives in Bangkok.

Did you do a thread on your recent trip to Portugal as if you did I seemed to have missed it, our internet had been patchy while away so using is sparsly.
Hi Lenny
No we didn't do a thread on our Portugal trip cos it was secret - under the radar so to speak.
Hope the Thailand trip goes OK, we've been a number of times and really like Bangkok. Hopefully things will remain peaceful after the death of the King.

We were meant to go to Spain for a couple of weeks in November, but have decided not to as we'd be turning round to come back as soon as we got there.
Instead we're going to Bruges to the Christmas market, and maybe have a mini tour of Belgium for a week, depending on the weather.

Your Scandanavia trip sounds like fun - we loved Norway

Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Friday drove down the west coast to Rovinj, stopped at the Aire but not for long 25kn per hour Ouch! and didn’t have any local change, found a campsite within walking distance of the town not too expensive €21 first night additional nights €18 and when I produced my Camping Card so they didn’t hang on to our passports told 10% discount (also got that at the last site). The card was well worth the 3 quid much better value than ACSI which I have never been able to get a discount with. The site in Austria was listed in ACSI at €19 cheapest they would let you on the site for was €28 so we used their stellplatz.

What is the camping card @Lenny HB please?

Mathilde

Free Member
Jun 7, 2011
Australia
Funster No
MH
Peugeot auto sleeper
Exp
since 2010
Where is the Camping Card International available please.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back