Lendal Bridge, York. Fines to be repaid (Totalling £1.8million) (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings All,

Gleaned from todays Mail.

York City Council are to scrap the controversial restriction on traffic crossing Lendal Bridge in the City.
Apparently the scheme was incorrectly drawn up in the legal sense and all the Fixed Penalties issued during the scheme's operation are set to be returned (although the Council don't know how they're going to do it???)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sts-hit-fines-driving-bridge-city-centre.html

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
If 60,000 motorists really did cross the bridge in one month then something was seriously wrong with the signage put up.

Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
I got done and swear i never saw any signs.Apparantly there was a notice on the road but how can you see it in nose to tail traffic.I appealed immidiately but didnt even reveive a reply.I paid early so it only cost me £35 so at least it looks as though i will get it back eventually!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I got done and swear i never saw any signs.Apparantly there was a notice on the road but how can you see it in nose to tail traffic.I appealed immidiately but didnt even reveive a reply.I paid early so it only cost me £35 so at least it looks as though i will get it back eventually!

Hi Ovalball,

I would send them a letter. In that way they can't say,"Who Sir, You Sir, No Record Sir."

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
On a similar theme, it is one of my pet gripes re councils putting direction signs on the road rather than putting up a sign so that every one can see it and that is more important to people who are not local to the area.

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
On a similar theme, it is one of my pet gripes re councils putting direction signs on the road rather than putting up a sign so that every one can see it and that is more important to people who are not local to the area.

I'm of the opposite opinion. When driving I concentrate mostly on the road and so I often miss signs at the side of the road. I am very happy to see signs on the road.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
They didn't fine push bikes or pedestrians........ (Grabs coat and runs....);)

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
They did something similar in Hemel Hempstead. They were told it was incorrect and the fines were not legal but they went ahead anyway.

Had to give all the money back in the end. :LOL::LOL:

But the camera partnership kept their portion so the shortfall was made up by the rate payers.

No one was ever sacked to my knowledge. :(:(

Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
I'm of the opposite opinion. When driving I concentrate mostly on the road and so I often miss signs at the side of the road. I am very happy to see signs on the road.

How do you read signs on the road when you're in nose to tail traffic,how do you even know it's there?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back