Leisurepower of warrington ceased trading? (1 Viewer)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Apologies if this has already been asked.......

I'm in the process of getting insurance quotes for our mh which we collect on 29th and was reading about the strikeback alarm.

Having spent weeks and weeks travelling hundreds of miles around the country looking at mh's I don't know that I can face yet another trip down the m5 - no matter how nice Vanbitz's campsite is.:p

I read that Leisurepower in Warrington are authorised to fit for them but on clicking their website it says they ceased trading 4th August???:(

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Yes, unfortunately Leisurepower closed their doors and ceased trading. The Company hasn't yet been put into liquidation yet, but there is no money or assets to pay bills.

Eddie

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
That's sad for all involved....

Cheers for the info Eddie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Vanbitz is defo worth the trouble to get a good reliable alarm and back up service from , it is not really about the site but the alarm and the protection you are getting and that it will give you peace of mind when parking up where ever you are ...

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I know, I know, I'll probably feel differently by the time we collect the mh - it's just another 500 mile round trip - again. And the m42/m5 is such a drag, although of course once we get the mh we don't have to go direct:)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Well, we made the trip from Suffolk to do it....... justifies it by combining with a weekend away as well

plumbomb

Free Member
Oct 18, 2012
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2013
When we got our new MH just about the first thing we did we traveled to Vanbitz, money we'll spent. It gives us the confidence to park the MH just about anywhere.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
I know, I know, I'll probably feel differently by the time we collect the mh - it's just another 500 mile round trip - again. And the m42/m5 is such a drag, although of course once we get the mh we don't have to go direct:)
Well, you've got to go somewhere to try out your new pride & joy! Spending the first night on your driveway isn't a bad idea, but after that, a bit of an adventure is called for.

It's so much nicer in the m/h than in a car. A motorhome restores much of the pleasure of travel that has now been lost to the car driver. It's no longer all about getting there.

If you want to avoid the motorways, drop down to the Fosse Way & meander down through the Cotswolds. I don't know if you have the time available, but it would make a nice four/five day tour, with two nights at Cornish Farm.

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Well, you've got to go somewhere to try out your new pride & joy! Spending the first night on your driveway isn't a bad idea, but after that, a bit of an adventure is called for.

It's so much nicer in the m/h than in a car. A motorhome restores much of the pleasure of travel that has now been lost to the car driver. It's no longer all about getting there.

If you want to avoid the motorways, drop down to the Fosse Way & meander down through the Cotswolds. I don't know if you have the time available, but it would make a nice four/five day tour, with two nights at Cornish Farm.

1st night will be on Camper uk's site outside Lincoln, 2nd night may be on the drive:)

Like your thinking re route (y)

Cheers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back