Jul 22, 2014
Orkney
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Just a quick question...

Ive been told from the seller of the van we are looking at that the leisure battery will not charge.

Now I appreciate this could be for a few reasons, but have a reputable inspector going to look at it for me.

My question is, working on the best case scenario that the battery is kaput, what is the best make and size of leisure battery I can get and how much can i expect to pay for one?

Apologies if there are other factors that determine which battery I need, but I have no idea of what is there just now.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I like my banners, to be honest, great battery and good price, but check what the problem is first, even with a knacked battery you should be able to see if there is current going in.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Before all else you need to know the size of the space available as a rolls royce wont fit a mini parking space.
If there is more space for a bigger battery than at present then that is a good upgrade for a start

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Merle Collins

Merle Collins

Free Member
Jul 22, 2014
Orkney
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
I like my banners, to be honest, great battery and good price, but check what the problem is first, even with a knacked battery you should be able to see if there is current going in.

Totally agree mate, I've enlisted the help of a fantastic fella that knows his motorhomes inside out and is going to give it a full detailed inspection for me next week.

I'm just thinking ahead really and trying to arm myself with as much info as possible.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The biggest (ah) that will fit
Expect between £70 and £100 for a decent battery.
Make......cheap no good, good no cheap.

But before buying a battery make sure the charger is working using a volt/multi meter.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
It's no secret I prefer these especially for the multiple connection choices. Expect £85 delivered 125AH
CA_07231414163761-XL.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back