The Baileys

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance i821
Exp
Hi, we have just picked up our 2007 burstner i821. It's been on the drive overnight, not hooked up to mains. I have switched the 12v leisure battery to off on the control panel, but it still seems to be continuously draining. It has a solar panel, with a green light that says it is charging, but still the leisure battery is draining. It's now on 5%. Any suggestions? other than plug into mains which I currently can't do.

Thanks in advance.

Amy

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
You need to establish what is causing the discharge.

If it has a garage, is there a manually switched light?

Otherwise, you need to start pulling fuses from the control box/charger until you find the circuit causing the drain.

Ian

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Looks to me like the battery is well and truly knackered.
Try charging for 24 hours on mains then disconnecting it physically rather than switching.
If it still goes flat it's had it, if it holds its charge then something IS draining it and quite a heavy load to drain it overnight.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 17, 2017
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A Bit
I don't know the Burstner but does the panel tell you what amount of current is being drawn as if current is not being drawn (or only sufficient to run the panel which you would have to power to get the reading) then it would point you to the battery, if there is a significant draw then you may need to identify what is causing it as per bigtwin s post above.

OP
OP
The Baileys

The Baileys

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance i821
Exp
Thanks both, not sure on the above but will get reading the (very thick) manual. If its knackered, will phone dealers first thing mom.

Thanks

Amy

Sep 8, 2017
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Kentucky Camp Corral 4
Exp
Absolute beginner
I don't know where to post this so apologies if it's not the right place. Our leisure battery used to work, but recently the control panel only lights up if we are on ehu. When we are on ehu it shows the leisure battery as full but if we aren't on ehu we can't switch on the control panel. What is the probable problem, please?

Sep 8, 2017
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Kentucky Camp Corral 4
Exp
Absolute beginner
We are utter newbies so all possible suggestions gratefully received :) Our van is a Kentucky Corral, probably registered 2006

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back